Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

591 results found

1. There ought to be a way to switch back and forth between the file navigator utility and your open notes. If you go to the file navigator now, you have to select a file to go back to the viewing/editing part of the app. You must either open a new notebook/note, or select one you already have open. It can be time-consuming to navigate back to the file you already have open after exploring your folders, and it is annoying to open up a file unnecessarily just to go back to the editing/viewing pane.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We’ll see how we can make it easier in the future. For now, you can find a list of recently opened documents when you open the Search tab in the library.

2. In many online classes at universities, teachers use Goodnotes and share the screen using the Zoom app on the same iPad. This works fine, but all participants see the Goodnotes menus and tools. It would be nice to have a Zoom integration in Goodnotes, i.e., I activate "Zoom Screen Sharing", enter the Zoom Room Number, then Goodnotes sends the Screen (w/o tools) to this Zoom room.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It's very uncomfortable that I cannot use highlights in darkpaper. In apple's in-apps (notes, pages etc.) we still can use high quality and colorful highlights even if it's dark paper. Please make more useful highlights in dark paper. I cannot this app because of that problem.

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  5 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When GoodNotes is used as a presentation+annotation app while delivering online lectures (ZOOM, Microsoft Teams, etc.), page turning effects distract from the content (for example, when building a list incrementally, one bullet at a time). Presentation mode does not help, since there is no second screen to present to.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Bitte bei der Tastatureingabe wieder zur großen Tastaturansicht zurück wechseln.
    Die kleine in der Ecke ist schon recht mühselig.
    Obwohl die Idee mit der Schreiberkennung schon cool ist.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. As the contents in the notebook keeps increasing over a period of time, I would like to have a link or connector to a previous page or a different book within the app to quickly navigate to the desired content instead if flipping through the pages.

8,747 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  495 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I haven’t seen an option in the app description but would like to be able to have the option to type notes. If this is an function please let me know and I’ll pay for the app!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Notepad+ note-taking app has this feature. Incorporating this feature will make you ahead of Notability.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Notepad+ note-taking app has this feature. Incorporating this feature will make you ahead of Notability.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Adding an image or shape that I can pull out a clone from quickly while teaching

Great for money or number cubes/blocks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Would love the ability to disable Auto-Lock while using iPad. This would prevent screen from turning off/locking while listening to a lecture or meeting/jotting down notes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I'm using the backup feature together with my dropbox. Whenever I'm commenting a PDF, after each edit, Goodnotes saves a backup on dropbox, which after a while leads to +30GB of dropbox cache. (That is, it fills my free hard disk space completely.) This can only be solved deleting the cache manually. There is no such problem with my dropbox using any other app. Please help! (I'm on a Mac, using Goodnotes for iPad, all OS updated to newest version.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It sounds like you have enabled the “Automatic Backup” feature to Dropbox, which is expected to exactly what you described. You can disable it in Menu > Settings > Automatic Backup.

13. I highlight a lot of text and therefore have to constantly switch between different colours. Is there a way to have another shortcut on the Apple pencil for switching pen colours (similar to switching between an eraser and a pen)?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Apple Pencil 2 supports a double-tap gesture that you can configure in the iPad Settings under Apple Pencil. It allows you to switch back and forth between different tools. GoodNotes follows the system settings for this gesture.

14. There should be a way to stop pages from floating within the app window as we scroll up or down (in reading mode). Very frustrating.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Not to look a “gift horse I’m the mouth” but though this has been addressed via changing a setting in the highlight tool each time, it’s not like in Notability, where you can erase the highlight without having to change a setting each time. The Eraser automatically recognizes there’s highlight and erases it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There is no need to change the setting of the eraser every time you want to erase highlighting. If “Erase Highlighter Only” is disabled, then GoodNotes will erase highlighting and ink strokes. If it is enabled, GoodNotes will only erase highlighter strokes, which allows you to remove highlighting on top of your ink without also removing the ink.

16. I’d like a note app that will improve my hand writing (hand printing). Converting to typed text takes too long. I would like the app to recognize a letter; a, b, c, A, B, C then reshape it and align it. I use this app for presentations. A written sentence is accompanied by a hand drawn diagram to the right of the text.

If a competitor has this feature, can you please notify me?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. iPadOS 13.4 provides trackpad support (I’m using the 13.4 GM beta). In GoodNotes 5, however, the trackpad is not fully supported. For example, a two-finger swipe on the iPad changes pages, but a two-finger swipe on the trackpad does not. In the tab view, a touch on the “x” with your finger closes the document, but clicking on the “x” with the trackpad does nothing.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I really want the highlighter works of text on a dark or a black page. Try to fix it ASAP.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I use Goodnotes to present incremental slides: Each slide contains the previous slide plus some additional items. The Next Page Animation (old page moves out, new page moves in) is disturbing here. It would be nice to have a scroll mode without animation, i.e., the next page simply replaces the current page . Concretely: Add one more Scroll direction: Horizontal without animation.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Customisable covers (imported image, photo, pdf, for example)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?