Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7079 results found

1. Sometimes i write something and then realize i user a pencil size too big. it would be incredible if i could just select everything and just change the size of the lines without having to rewrite everything

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The ability to preserve the links that are added to notebooks when exporting to PDF. This would help immensely to continue to be able to navigate the documents with the hyperlinks that were created in the Goodnotes app. Obviously this would only apply to URLs and the links within the same document, not links to other notebooks but it would still be a huge help!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The ability to lock a textbox so that you are able to click on a link without going into edit mode…for example if I have a link to another page in my file, the textbook that contains it can be locked so that I don’t have to click into the textbox to be able to press the link. That will also prevent me from moving the textbox and accidentally deleting anything inside of it

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be great if there was an option to change the font. Not just use headers ore bold/italic.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ich fände es cool, wenn Mann sehen könnte wann man die Seiten erstellt hat. Bei einem Inhaltsverzeichnis wäre das sehr viel einfacher

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Buy Women Block Heels Online Buy latest Leather Block Heels at SaintG India Pure Leather COD Easy returns and exchanges. More info: https://www.saintg.in/collections/women-block-heels

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I would really want lines to write on the flash cards

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Notability has a feature that creates transcripts from audio recordings and syncs the written notes with the transcript. I believe this feature would be incredibly useful and make Goodnotes more competitive with Notability. PLEASE make this a feature in an upcoming update!!!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The Finnish (Suomalainen) language is missing from the list of of Languages , I would be happy to pay a one off fee for additional languages such has Finnish.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. OCR
    Be able to recognize characters from photos or imported documents that I didn’t scan with GoodNotes.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. A feature with which I can scan a written sheet of paper, for example. But then the handwriting should be recognized automatically so that I can edit it again. (Erasing, moving and so on)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hi, I love Goodnotes but one feature I think it would really benefit from that I have seen in other apps is the ability to change the style after writing. Particularly, I mean being able to change the stroke settings (e.g. change solid line to dashed/dotted and vice versa) or the pen type (from either fountain or brush to ball - I don't think it would work the other way around though). So perhaps the menu where we can currently change the colour of the line, could be changed so that you have the option to change these other elements…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. These languages are available as MyScript ´supported recognition languages´.
    The handwriting recognition in these languages are possible in the Notability and Nebo apps.
    And should be available for GoodNotes. Just press the buttons, please!

112 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please create an auto-generated table of contents template, that can also be edited. This should include an option to sort by date, through your outline, or topics.

Someone else said "Allow me to select the text, eg my page heading like (meeting to discuss projected financial) and then click on a button which shoots the page heading to an automatically generated table of contents in the front of the Notebook. Table of contents will be built using all the specified headings, and should also display the date of that entry for easy reference." THIS IS GREAT AND SO HELPFUL.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please add a feature where you can attach a blank sheet (either the same size or slightly smaller) directly next to a downloaded document. I understand that you can open the same notebook in a different window, but it is not functional to have the notes go below the document (or in my case lecture PowerPoint). It is impossible to keep my written notes organized while writing on the same slide as my notes. It is confusing and distracting. Think like a Cornell note style template, where you have room to write notes as well

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I often organize, review, and make comments on multiple large documents that I have imported to Goodnotes. The new comments feature is a great addition, but its value is limited for my use because the pages with comments are not flagged in any way, nor am I able to view all comments. I am forced to either bookmark any page with a comment or add those pages to pdf outlines, which is redundant and crowds up the outlines and favorites.

It would be very useful if all comments in a document could be viewed collectively in an outline format, with…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. PDF around the page, not very smooth, can you improve the page effect? I'm referring to the sensitivity of PDF page-turning, as I didn't have this problem with Notability

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I use several different text styles in my documents, this includes fonts styles and sizes. While currently I have a notebook and a collection of the fonts & sizes I prefer. I’d love the ability to have multiple text style presets. Most of the time I’m using between 6 and 7 different fonts between my notes (it’s why when I try a new font, I make sure my most recent fonts stay in the recent section), but having the ability to have multiple text box presets would be beneficial.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?