Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7144 results found

1. I would like the native attachment retained so that an attachment dragged onto a GoodNotes page can be dragged off and back to original. I currently see a transformation that prevents the drag off. This improvement would increase the versatility of GoodNotes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I would like a folder navigation option that would display the folder structure and allow for quick navigation like is in Outline or OneNote. The folder structure is good but unless I have preset favorites, navigation is very tedious.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please allow tabs to have their own settings, colour, pen, pen on/off, etc so we don’t have to change settings every time I flip between tabs. Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Much like words or google docs, when you select text type to Heading 1,2,3. Outlines will automatically add the Heading to Outline page(like in the picture).

This would be version useful and saves times when taking notes. still keep the "Add to Outline" button.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hey, disabledish person here! I have very mild dystonia which makes my arms tense. Writing on paper is more painful than on my iPad. I have very mild OCD & my handwriting is very unstable. I can’t handle writing a letter without redoing it at least once. I hope that a better pen is released before the next school year starts. Thank you for even reading this!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Being able to save more than one text style is necessary for Titles and Headers while taking notes. One more reason I have had to switch to notability. They allow three saved text favorites with font, color, and size.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I’m aware GoodNotes was not designed for a text-to-speech app, but I really need it to have the ability to read text out loud during my studies. You already have OCR recognition and the iOS already contains spoken content functionality with a speech controller, so I think it just lands itself to enable it in GoodNotes too, right? It would really be so helpful if I didn’t have to use 10 different applications during my study sessions, if most small things could be done from GoodNotes that would truly be awesome. Much obliged guys

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Auto-capitalisation works well in general but within GoodNotes it doesn’t, because every time the enter is pressed, it capitalises the next word. However, pressing the enter doesn’t mean new line here, because the text box is a layered feature, pasted on top of things, it’s not necessarily a margin to margin left to right typing tool. As a result, I’m now having to disable it because it is very annoying in the text box, simply because there is no feature or settings available to do that in GoodNotes text box.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Exported out a file to resize pages but when imported back, GN remembered the marked pages with page numbers under outlines, but didn’t keep the page titles under thumbnails. Had to do 500 pages all over again.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Doesn’t sync settings, custom templates and custom colour pallets across devices! It is really troublesome to manage (and update) everything manually across 3 devices. Please rectify this!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. If pages are all the same size in a document and are smaller than A5, GN does not allow to further zoom out, i.e. keeps pages maximised on fit to screen. Can we please not have this? I’m now forced to add a page larger than the others to my documents just so that it is not always fit to screen. It’s disturbing to me as it really bugs my OCD.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Sometimes it would be helpful to have a rectangle or triangle or just a line as shape for erasing. Or at least the circle size be adjustable more than it is now.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Wie vergrößern Sie Ihre Fotos auf Instagram? Wenn Sie ein iPhone haben, können Sie die Fotos -App verwenden, um Ihre Bilder https://instazoom.io/ zu ändern und Ihre Bilder zu drehen. Tippen Sie einfach auf die Schaltfläche Bearbeiten in der oberen rechten Ecke des Bildes und wählen Sie dann die Option Ernte. In wenigen Sekunden wird Ihr Bild geändert, um die Abmessungen Ihres Bildschirms anzupassen. Mit der App können Sie auch Untertitel und Herausforderungen hinzufügen.

Es gibt viele Apps auf dem Markt, einschließlich des berüchtigten Instaprofils. Mit diesen Apps können Sie mit ihrem Benutzernamen Profile auf Instagram nachschlagen und hochwertige Profilfotos anzeigen.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When opening the page grid view, and clicking on the outline section (as opposed to thumbnails section), it would be awesome if the outline section would automatically scroll down (and highlight/bolden) the outline that is closest to (but before or on) the current page the user is editing/looking at in the documents view page. Currently, every time the outline section of the page grid view is selected, the list shows the very top of the outline list, and the user has to scroll down to outlines that are relevant to the current page, as opposed to the outline section automatically…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When opening the page grid view, and clicking on the outline section (as opposed to thumbnails section), it would be awesome if the outline section would automatically scroll down (and highlight/bolden) the outline that is closest to (but before or on) the current page the user is editing/looking at in the documents view page. Currently, every time the outline section of the page grid view is selected, the list shows the very top of the outline list, and the user has to scroll down to outlines that are relevant to the current page, as opposed to the outline section automatically…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Using Goodnotes on the desktop app is pretty clunky. The logic on how to move things and add things and resize is not intuitive. Right now its logic seems to be similar to a layout software such as InDesign or a yearbook creation program. But it is far less slick and responsive. Since navigating the program is not intuitive compared to other document editors it should have a very responsive and precise movement and editing.

Ideally moving any element - text box, sticker, or photo - wouldn't require switching between tools. Selection would be global (not requiring switching tools in…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Pasting a large text copied from another source into goodnotes doesn’t automatically moves to the next pages. Only workaround for this is to copying small parts and paste and then move to next page and continue like this. Text should automatically move to next pages if the area is insufficient for that page.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Do any of you know of any forwarding freight services for eBay UK? I come across some items I would like to get nothing big but the seller doesn't offer international shipping.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I would love if it was possible to mirror photos in the app

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Image Occlusion is a simple but very useful feature. With Image Occlusion, I can draw a box to cover up labels on a diagram. If I tap on the box, the box becomes invisible and the answer gets revealed. If I tap again, the box becomes opaque and the answer gets covered up again.

There should also be a button to cover up all of the answers at once or reveal them all at once. When I’m done studying for the day, I want to cover up all of the answers, in order to pick up my studying next time.…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?