Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7145 results found

1. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I would like the following features for pens and markers:
    (1)Please be able to draw a dotted line.
    (2)Make it possible to change the transparency of the marker color.
    (3)Make it possible to change the thickness of the line after drawing. (It's not a size change, it's a thickness change. When you scale down it, the line becomes too thin.)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Richard (OldStager) Street Racer
    WSCC Member
    Car Details: 1994 SE 1660 XFlow on Webers.
    My Location: Blackpool

Posted November 1, 2021

hi all,

i was given an old laptop over the weekend and was told if i can get it working i could have it. i am typing on it now - however...

the two usb ports don't work, this isn't software related - drivers etc, but a hardware issue.

basically this laptop was a childs play thing for a year or so and all the ports and stuff you need to plug into it in order to function…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I have GoodNotes 5 installed on my M1 MacBook Air, but rarely have it running. I see network connection attempts in Little Snitch made from the app all the time, including after booting and before I've opened GoodNotes for the session. I've also tried killing all related processes, but the connections still attempt to spawn.

Is there a reason for this persistent leakage of telemetry when the application is dormant?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 直接在便利贴或图片上写字,现在便利贴移动后,字还在原处。圈选得话会选中便利贴下的文字一起移动。
    大纲应该按顺序排列,现在是后导入的内容反而排在前面,希望能调整为按照页码顺序

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. We can add images into our notes but there is currently no option to insert video files & audio files. Please consider adding this feature. Allow us to upload audio & video files to our notes, just as we are able to upload pictures.

121 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. As of today, Goodnotes offers two ways of highlighting. One can either select the text manually, and click on 'Highlight' or use the Highlighter tool with a stylus/finger and freehand it.

I propose a method that is highly common and immensely popular with other simple pdf editing apps. Clicking on a Highlighter tool, which then enables the user to drag across text to highlight precisely. Clicking on a word with the tool engaged highlights only the word; dragging across words highlights the words, sentences, paragraphs, etc. The difference between freestyle/freehand method and this is that this tool enables one to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I am a new user and am trying to report a problem I’m having. I can’t find anything about it in the existing support information and cannot find any way to submit an error report. Do you not have a way to submit an error? I’ve been pretty happy with my free version and am considering buying the upgrade but I can’t abide any software that doesn’t have a way to report errors. Nobody’s perfect and there needs to be a way to submit them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. • Please consider adding a checklist function to text boxes that can be selected without making a mark with either the pen or highlighter. This would be a great addition and seems like a necessity for some styles of note-taking and journaling. Having the following text be greyed-out and striked-through would help visually when reading later.
    • Bullet points would be very closely related to this feature, and it would help immensely when trying to indicate new ideas in notes, and help visually separate things in the same text box. The "tab" feature is also lacking in its current form…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hello, I would like to give goodnotes a suggestion. Can we add a second or multi-level heading to the goodnotes outline, which will allow us to find the target page more efficiently. At present, it is really inconvenient to only achieve a first-level title, and it is hoped that it will be adopted.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Currently you have to take a screenshot, copy it, paste it into a notebook and then you can crop it.
    Suggestion: Make it possible to to crop the screenshot directly in the preview window.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Backup to Cloud Services like OneDrive works fine.
    However, I have not found a solution to transfer files easily from PC to GoodNotes on my iPad. E.g. if I want to read and annotate a PDF in GoodNotes.
    It would be very simple to achieve this by a two-way synch with OneDrive so that files that are copied to the OneDrive GoodNotes Folder on any device can be read and edited on the iPad. I don't think I will continue to use GoodNotes without such a feature.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Currently to create hyperlinks you need to use the text tool. As I use Goodnotes as a bullet journal it would be nice to be able to highlight my handwritten text and attach a hyperlink to it. For instance, sometimes I have tasks like "read article X", being able to add a link to that task which directs to the article (either in Goodnotes or on the Web) would be very useful.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It would be helpful if GoodNotes recognizes uneven handwriting and would transform it into a straight line.
    (just like the straight line function for the highlighter)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When the app is closed out, the color palette rests on its own. I’d like to keep my palette if possible, even after closing out the app. This can maybe be fixed with the ability to save multiple palettes.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I sometimes struggle to write in a straight line, it would be super cool if there'd be a feature, where you could insert some kind of ruler/support line, just a faint one, one that doesnt stay on the document, one that doesnt influence thats already written, that helps as a reference to write straight. thanks very much, apart from that, its a super super great app, i dont know how id do uni without you :D

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I take my notes on my IPad, but study on my Windows PC. Everytime I‘m forced to convert my notes to PDF and upload them to a cloud to be able to download and view them on the Windows PC. It‘d be amazing to have an application for Windows to sync, view and maybe edit my notes there.
    If it‘s not possible to create an application for Windows, could you develop an online app where I can view my notes, that are taken with the IPad, on my Windows PC?
    Maybe based on the example of OneNote

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please add the ability to make a folder a favourite after searching for it. Currently this only works with notes.
    I have hundreds of folders, and to make one a favourite I have to scroll through the entire list and then push on the star icon.
    It would make life much easier.
    Thank you for a great app!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When I am trying to use the “study flash cards” function, it’s often too small to see, even when I write really large on them. No matter whether I see it on a tablet or laptop. I want a function so i can expand the study flash card window because it presents my flash cards so small and I can’t make it bigger to see it more easily.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?