Skip to content

Improve Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web

Welcome to the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes for Apple's platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Improve Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

2072 results found

1. Rubbing out/Erasing parts of my drawings and handwriting has been a bit of a hassle especially with diagrams.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. When I am fully zoomed in it would be nice to be able to shift the edge of the paper over just a little (towards the middle of the screen) so I can still write with my hand still on my computer when writing close to the edge. Right now it just goes back to the paper on the edge of my screen when I try to scroll paste the edge when zoomed in

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. It would be nice if a full screen option is available so that you can hide the task bar

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I'm using this app on a surface pro 8 and have used it with both slim pens (old and new), I've noticed that my writing on Good notes is more blocky/stiff compared to my writing on One Note which looks exactly like my natural handwriting.
    I will be the happiest human in the whole universe if yall replicate the same writing feel One Note has :')

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I have an engineering office. In the evening, I plan the business program or what to do. I believe that we will work more efficiently if I can get out of the application on the computer and deliver the business steps I planned in the morning in the morning.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ability to export and/or print documents would be croucial for students

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It would be very usefull to be able to change the color of what we wrote.
    Use the tool to select, the one which allow to move the text. And select a different color.

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. It would be handy to be able to change the eraser mode. not only changing its diameter but for example being able to erase the line you have just made, a continuous line. This mode is present in several applications such as one note microsoft, I find it very practical.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. More colors and transparency's as well some more shapes for drawing.
    Never tough that Goodnotes it will be essential on my every day ideas for new projects.
    the sketch is very rough but it will be awesome with more choices of colors

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Currently when I write using a pen tablet ( like Wacom/ XP-pen), it takes pen input (writing) and when I use mouse it takes scroll function ( drag and move the page).
    I want to scroll ( drag and move the page) using my pen tablet also because switching between mouse and pen again and again is very inconvenient.

For that I request you to provide a hand tool, which on being selected drag and move the page. I have attached an image of open board which has similar tool.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  11. This wasn't even possible in the iPad version last time I checked, and it was the one thing that was always stopping me from using Goodnotes: allow handwriting recognition in more than one language in any note. I study languages and handwrite my notes in noth English and the language I'm studying (in the same note), and I need to be able to search for both later on. Nebo is currently my only choice on Windows - it at least supports English along with another language of your choice simultaneously. (Apple's Notes app handles it automatically on their platforms.)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. having the ability to type text using the kyboard is extremely important, especially for students like me who write a lot during classes and need to do it fast

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  13. full screen provides a clear and large vision.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  14. It would be good to add the option to type with keyboard, while also having the option to draw. Right now, its just the option to draw which yes i have a touch screen windows, but i would rather type and draw diagram!

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When I'm writing, I like having my computer in portrait view because it mimics a piece of paper more closely. But when I do this, the app won't allow me to write - something about the screen being too small. However, when I leave it in "desktop" view, only about 1/3 of the "paper" is shown because the upper toolbar is so large.

If these issues could be corrected, it would definitely enhance the experience of using the app!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I can't see any difference in the ballpen and fountain pen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  17. for examle you can fix the text marker in yellow color to the bar and the pencil in black color. To be able to swith more quickly between the pens.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. would be nice to have the option to create sections like in OneNote.
    For example:

Section 1 you can call "1. Semester" or "English"
    -> and in that section you can save several notebooks
    Section 2 you can call "2. Semester" or "Maths"
    -> and in that section you can save again different notebooks

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The ability to give a set of pages in a notebook a title so when looking for a page in a notebook you can search for a title instead of having to know which page number those specific notes are in

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Would be great if there was a template for this available. And on this topic, different brushes too (watercolour, etc.) for visual students to draw out their ideas

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?