Skip to content

Improve Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web

Welcome to the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes for Apple's platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Improve Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

2056 results found

1. (I would also like this feature on Ipad). When you use a ruled line format and then type text, the text does not align with the lines after a few sentences. I would like a feature that allows you to have your text neatly written on the lines. Maybe even so that you can choose the distance between an upper and lower sentence so it can fit the lines. This feature will make it more appealing to also write some text without making it messy :)

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Ctrl-Z or the Wacom expresskey mapped to Undo both don't always work.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. The ability to move pages between notebooks would be great, especially because the beta is limited in how many notebooks one can have. It would also be nice to be able to select and copy/paste notes from one notebook into another.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. If you delete the paper page, you are not able to convert from a cover template to a paper template. If you select to add a new page, it just adds a new cover template.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  6. Make an option when turned on it shows magnetic dots in the cross-hair of square paper or on the dots of dotted paper.
    Line drawing by hand will snap in between two dots.

Advantage :
    - Easy to draw geometry

Disadvantage :
    - Might be annoying to write when the option is still active

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. sometimes it's hard to write on the corner of the page, so would be cool if we could swipe a part of the page off the laptop screen

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. when we write a word continuously without lifting the touch pen the letters start to shrink after 6-7 letters and it becomes hard to write and if i write the same word with lifting the tip of pen even once, the letters doesn't shrink and i can write properly. I think you have a feature of auto-space between words and this is happening due to this feature. Im not 100% sure but im telling you what i experienced or felt while writing.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  9. as I use a graphic pad when I zoom to write I need to use the second hand on the pc pad to move the paper and write where i want. It needs more coordination than i have. It would be nicer to have a overview tool as in one note

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Microsoft users can use goodnotes with pc-tablets or with graphic tablets (as i do). when one uses a graphic tablet it would be nice to see a change in the cursor from the usual arrow to a plus.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  11. When you click on the pen options, the "Ball Pen" icon is shaking. The other pen icons do not.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. After moving something with the lasso tool and tapping on the screen, I still have to press the center button of the Slim Pen 2 to go back to the stylus I had before. Please remove the last step where I have to press the middle button again.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Instead of circling the whole area or letter that is needed to be moved or adjusted, it would be better if we could possibly just select the individual letter/area needing to be moved. Also, while selecting the area/letters, it would be nice to change the color or font type/size .

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Relier les comptes des deux applications pour pouvoir modifier et lire les documents sur deux appareils

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  15. Hi, thank you for allowing Windows users to test the Beta version. I like the rendering of the lasso tool; it moves very smoothly. I also like the varying options of the notebook covers and page choices.

Below are 6 additions that will improve the current & future version's productivity & functionality:

1. audio recording feature (+ audio following written or typed words written at that time when audio is played back)
      * good for students needing to relisten to specific parts of the lecture

2. typing feature
      * allow ability to type AND draw rather than just drawing (this'll help take…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. goodnotes as a windows native app with the created files and folders accessible/managable throu the file explorer.
    option to choose where to save the files (saving on another drive for example, switching standart folder would also be useful)

the folders and subfolders created in the app are made in the selcted folder, accessing it via file explorer will give you the exact same strukture

advantages:
    -easy selecting of specific files via explorer without the need to exit already opend files (if you need to look something up while working on homework)
    -possibillity to share specifi files or complete folders without…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. These are my ideas after a quick use of good notes (Lots of desired improvements but great start)
    1) Use a slide as a way to choose the size of the pen/eraser, or at least add 2 more sizes to choose between
    2) Delete comments
    3) Use your fingers to move or resize lassoed notes
    4) Use the keyboard to type notes
    5) Shapes and Coordinate Axes
    6) Ink to Shape and Ink to Math
    7) Look up handwriting to find documents
    8) Insert PDFs, documents, or images to write on
    9) Record audio from class
    10) Better exporting i.e…

283 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  18. Being able to use keyboard shortcuts for things like undo, redo, copy, paste, cut, etc would be really helpful.

99 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I take notes with Wacom devices, and the pen here doesn't detect any pressure sensitivity and my shortcut buttons don't work.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?