Skip to content

Improve Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web

Welcome to the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes for Apple's platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Improve Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

2186 results found

1. Windows 11 offers a tablet mode to improve ease of use with touchscreens. Maybe you could consider making the app react to the tablet mode, it would make it fell much more integrated.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  2. this has happen 3 times within fifteen and is very annoying especially since I write in cursive.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  3. Pens don't have a cursor on the paper so it'd be aesthetically better to not see it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  4. Spend some more time to give the app a more refined look. Currently it looks like the iOS version with some subtle differences. I would personally wish for something that uses Windows 11 design language, like the approach Meta took with Whatsapp for Windows.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  6. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Laser pointer (trail) is a bit uncomfortable. What I mean by that is that the writing is not as smooth as the regular pen tool. When we write alphabets using that, it kind of distorts it. I don't know how to put in words but you may please try writing words using that tool and you might yourself find what I am trying to say. Have a great day.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  8. Samsung Notes has a feature I called "writing pad" which I find very useful. It zooms in a single line of the page, allowing you to write with more precision without having to zoom in the whole thing. Also, it automatically moves the pad when you write after a certain adjustable limit, as seen in the video.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. We don't have set pens, and most of the work has to be cut and pasted. Need better options on text selections (text color, Style, etc.) with cut-and-paste options. Also, any stylist would have to be taken under advisement. Everything is touch activated so it's very difficult to hewn in on using features... Please be aware these are two different platforms without the solicitation of Apple. This is a much-needed app for the Windows community please keep up the great work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  10. It should be stable as ios and the line should support the pen
    Support s-pen too

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Export Annotations Only.
    Highlighted text and Annotation and other linked text to be separately exported into Editable PDF format.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. My best friend recommended this app, but she has an iPad and I have the S8. She loves the Goldmine ans Coco Templates. Please populate Beta with more options for Android.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Due to Goodnotes using cloud service to save notes, it automatically saves the most recent changes.

However, the changes are sometimes not saved fully due to situations or carelessness such as: closing the app too soon, disconnect from wifi etc.

Due to this, I am suggesting the ability to manually save current notes so that it is updated into cloud service without us accidentally losing our notes.

It can help us confirm whether our notes are fullt saved into the cloud.

• this is me speaking after losing several notes
    5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Latency should be almost zero, Now taking is the sole thing most of your users would be doing. So it's just a deal breaker if the latency is just too much.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  15. I want to put a PDF document in one of my notebook, bit it doesn't work. Also it will be helpful, if there is an Option to make more than three colours. The Notebooks should be been opend all the time.
    So male it more like the "real" Version.
    Mostly good.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  16. It is clearly one thing that makes GoodNotes compete with Notability and it is super useful for students! Since it is implemented in iOS, it should be in Android as well to make many users who are hesitant to change from iOS without a Notability replacement with this tool. Thanks!

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It would be nice to have a feature where your handwriting is automatically converted to text as soon a you stop writing.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Goodnotes Beta has made great progress in providing features and a great handwriting experience in the Android Beta. I have received an email indicated that the Beta is finished.

Sadly there are two basic features that are required for any note taking app to be useful to notetakers.

1. You must be able to take notes when you are not connected to the internet. As a student or a professional, you need to take notes anywhere, any time. You can't restrict yourself to note taking when an internet connection is available.

2. Taking notes (typed or handwritten) is useless if you can't…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. please consider adding the tab bar feature from ios where you can easily press a tab and it just jumps to the page

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?