Smart Guideline
I would like to request the addition of a “Smart Guideline” feature similar to the one available in Samsung Notes. The feature could dynamically provide a subtle horizontal guideline while writing, helping users maintain a straight baseline even when working on completely blank pages.
I frequently prefer unruled pages because they provide a cleaner and more flexible writing experience. However, maintaining a consistent straight line of handwriting on a blank page is difficult, particularly when writing longer notes. A Smart Guideline that assists with maintaining the writing baseline—without permanently adding ruled lines to the page—would solve this problem very effectively.
Ideally, the feature could:
- Detect the user’s handwriting baseline as they write.
- Display a temporary, unobtrusive horizontal guideline.
- Allow the guideline to move down automatically as the user progresses.
- Optionally provide settings for guideline spacing, colour, and visibility.
I believe this would be particularly useful for users who prefer writing on blank pages while still wanting the visual alignment benefits of ruled paper.