Everything selects without using the lasso
The universal selection tool, or maybe it’s the quick selection idek, is a constant battle for me. Every time I tap somewhere else while I’m writing, it selects whatever I just clicked on, which also moves me from the pen tool to the lasso tool. Which I also do constantly even out of habit to deselect something. And most of the time, I’m writing on an image, so when that gets selected it makes all my handwriting go behind it.
I’m glad we got the lock image tool, but why doesn’t that prevent the image from being selected in the first place?? I was fine with the drawing a circle to select feature, and I was fine when I could turn off the universal selection, but now I can’t and so even if my lasso tool doesn’t have image select turned on, how come it does in the pen tool??
An option to only use the tool that you’ve chosen would be great. Or even just a setting so that my finger won’t select anything, just my Apple Pencil, would be a game changer. It shouldn’t be that easy to select while I’m just moving around my document, and then have it completely disrupt whatever I was doing. And I can’t find anything that will help this issue in the slightest.