Product Politics
Hello, I’ve been using GN for many years now. I keep my hardware as long as possible, and I’m increasingly finding that basic functions across my iPad and two MacBooks are no longer working. For instance, I can no longer exchange files in the Goodnotes format between my MacBook and iPad because the iPad version can no longer be updated. My iPad is running iOS 17, but the new GN version requires at least iOS 18. iCloud synchronization stopped working a long time ago. However, the fact that you can no longer even exchange the native Goodnotes file format is outrageous. Public institutions using GN are thus forced to replace their hardware every few years, even though the existing devices might still be perfectly good—just like my iPad. If there is no solution to this, we will be saying goodbye to GN for good. The product is nice, but the product quality is a disaster.