Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

If you're a business user, instead see the Goodnotes for Business/Enterprise forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

8080 results found

1. I would like more customization options for the toolbar. For example, instead of having only three colors shown for the pen and then having to change those three colors, give the option to have more colors present at any given time. Same for highlighters. Another option would be to be able to have preset pens and highlighters present at all times.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Want to backup and restore my color and thickness presets and note templates..
    When I re install goodnotes app at my another iPad, I have to reset all my presets and note templates......

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The handwriting seems like neat, like auto modifying?I’d like a more smooth handwriting style, I write, and GoodNotes just show what I write, instead of modifying it at first.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. As someone who uses GoodNotes for studying Japanese, I would love to be able to attach a recording to a typed or handwritten word with the pronunciation of that word. So when I click it I can hear the correct pronunciation.
    I think it would be extremely helpful for those of us using GoodNotes for languages.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It could be very useful to have a tool that helps you to draw accurate curves for math graphs on a cartesian plane.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. would be great to have a built-in cloud storage for all the notes, no need to rely on iCloud
    given that goodnotes 5 on iOS has an insanely powerful global search function, it would be convenient to have it's own cloud that allows you to search for the exact note

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It could be very useful to have the possibility to forward or send a document via mail directly to a personal Goodnotes mail account without saving it in PDF and importing to the app.
    Thank you

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Customizing searches or ability to archive old documents

When searching I do not have the ability to select which folders to search in. As a medical student, I use goodnotes for every lecture as well as all textbooks and have an excessive amount of files. The ability to search within a selection of folders would limit the amount of search results I have. Another option could be to offer an archive function that removes certain documents/folders from future searches.

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please can you add an option where you can customise the size of the page being added? This will be especially useful when adding a new page to an already existing PDF that is not the same size as one of the template options. What would be even better would be if the app could detect the size of the current paged in use (like with the “use current template”) option, but then it lets you insert either a blank or a lined page.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. In my work I write a lot in both Italian and English. This is somewhat a problem because handwriting recognition in GoodNotes seems to work only for one language at a time. And the switch between languages takes time. have you planned future improvements of the app to address the needs of people working in multi-lingual environments?

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. $ Continues writing from one page to another
    Sometimes to create huge mind maps or flow charts even A3 paper are not enough

$ Selective text can be moved from one page to another
    It is important to link concepts while writing so it is important to move from one page to another

$ Recognises annotations such as underline arrow ,star mark etc

$ recognition of mathematical symbols and formula for search and conversion to text

$ Create bullet points or small square that can be ticked once task is completed especially for a todo list

$ Ability to add…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Your support tools for creating new templates is poor at best. The link to the YouTube video is deleted. The most recent info is 2 yers old!?
    I just want the simple answer to create my key tasks at the top of the page and daily notes below without buying templates on 3rd party sites. You seem to support the 3rd party eco system over providing SIMPLE instructions for users to for their own.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Pasting text which spans more than one page is very difficult to handle as the text which is beyond the bottom of the page, disappears.

So the only way to currently handle this is to :

(a) measure how much text can fit into the page, then

(b) somehow, 'cut' out the text at the bottom which does not fit within the page ( this is not easy to do ).

(c) go to the next page and repeat the above process till all your text is pasted across multiple pages.

A NIGHTMARE.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Create an add in or separate app that looks and acts like a “Franklin Covey” paper planner, but is has the calendar entries from iOS or online calendars. The app would have the amazing handwriting capabilities and note taking options in addition to a planner.

There are beautifully designed digital planner templates made for GoodNotes, but I haven’t found one that actually is linked or can be linked to a native or online calendar. Would pay for this type of app.

B

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I often trigger the undo gesture or the double tap to zoom unintentionally. I would love the ability to toggle off all input that ISN’T the pencil so that I can focus on quickly taking notes

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I love Goodnotes 5 and use it to annotate the lecture powerpoint pdfs. However, I always found it difficult to write on the right edges since I cannot place my hand comfortably on the ipad screen.

It will be great if the minimum zoom size of a page is not limited to the height or width of the page and the position of the page is not snapped to the edge of the screen. Then, I can move the right edge of the page to the center of the screen and write on it with my right hand placed on…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Here I am attaching a screen shot
    I have many text books in the app and in GoodNotes 5 I have turned the page indexing on
    But since several days it can just show “ indexing 142 documents for search “ I have reinstalled several time
    Also I have reimported all files
    Basically I have tried any thing that app allows to do to stop the dialogue
    Please improve global search
    Though great it still needs improvement
    My current version is 5.1.5(151443.369311989)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. E.g.
    - insert on same place as previous page (esp. useful for headlines or bulletpoints)
    - insert on several pages at once

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. You draw lines / insert pictures / etc. and then block further editing of those, so you can write and edit the text / notes within the blocked lines e.g.
    - writing within a grid without having to pay attention to changing the grid
    - writing headlines when brainstorming, and only changing the content of the set areas

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. As a student/foreign language learner, I want to show/hide keywords or explanations from my written notes, so that I could review and recite the keywords/explanations.

As a UI designer, I want to hide/reveal annotations, so that I could a) differentiate the annotating remark from the wireframe / structured notes and b) present notes (to myself and others) with clarity.

I believe note-reviewing is an essential part of the note-taking experience, I try to be more proactive to learn through my notes. Some alternative apps I used are margin notes 3, and liquid text. Margin note 3 in particular, has a…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?