Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

If you're a business user, instead see the Goodnotes for Business/Enterprise forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

8079 results found

1. When writing, it is natural to tilt the notebook and place it at angle. Typically people use 45 degree angle with their paper notebooks. Some tilt more, some less.
    On the other hand, when reading, typical notebook and book position is where text is perpendicular to the line of sight.
    It could be really nice if there was a way to tilt notebook inside of Good Notes without tilting the iPad. Tilting entire iPad is even less convenient when iPad stands on a stand (which is how I use it most of the time).

P.S. Good Notes does recognize tilting…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please please please add the keyboard shortcuts from GoodNotes 4 to GoodNotes 5. I love the new updates but I severely miss those shortcuts.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I would love a keyboard shortcut for adding custom outline entries. Right now, it takes several taps.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Sometimes we import a whole pdf into goodnotes and annotate some of the pages. it would be nice to be able to easily search and extract all the pages that have annotation to serve as a quick reviewer.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make the new gesture control optional (so we can turn it off, if we don't use it and don't want to risk using it by mistake).

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The following are essential for reading and annotation of scientific papers that have a citation list and internal references:

Issue: Following an internal PPF link does not reach exact position in target page.

Feature request i: After following internal PPF link, highlight target line until next user input

Feature request ii: After following internal PDF link, show button to return to original position.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. In Goodnotes4 I could use my stylus Wacom, but in Goodnotes5 only can only be selected apple pen.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please add a way to overlay two PDF sheets for comparison/mapping.

By default PDF backgrounds are clear - can we get a way to overlay the line information from one PDF sheet on to another? This would be extremely useful for architects, engineers, contractors, fabricators, etc.

For example, in Bluebeam I can take a snapshot anywhere in a PDF and paste it on to another sheet with no white background.

One way to accomplish this would be with a layer system. Another would be with the option to do an overlay sheet on top of another sheet, with the upper…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Considering the high refresh rate of the iPads display, there must be a was to reduce the latency of the Pencil, especially when drawing long lines quickly. Just take a look at Apple's Notes App. There is almost 0 lag, no matter how fast you dran of write.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The marked text or picture gets mirrored with the selection tool and picture tool.

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. First, I love Goodnotes!
    Would it be possible to make a larger Return Button. I'm often taking bullet type notes, so I use the Return often, and when going quickly, it takes a moment to look and make sure I hit the button to create the next bullet, as it's quite small. I know this is a minor issue but it would speed things up for me a lot.
    Thank you very much.
    Cheers,
    Anthony

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The lasso tool should have a mode (switch?) where it only selects objects that are completely enclosed by the lasso area, not anything that intersects with the lasso area. This is very useful for selecting things in complex drawings.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Some documents are better viewed managed in vertical scrolling other in horizontal. For example, a document I am reading is better in horizontal, with fixed page dimensions, a note that I am jotting down is better in vertical to allow passing through pages. GoodNotes should retain the selection made per document while applying the same selected mode for the open documents. Ditto would be for the pencil and highlight colours.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I know for long people have requested for a voice recording facility in GoodNotes. I would like to see the possibility to import recordings through the voice memo app from Apple and also the ability to import screen recordings or videos

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Good Notes for Microsoft Surface

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. PDF annotation in GoodNotes 5 uses about 1/5 of the screen real estate that could have been for viewing and reading. This is an particularly for users with 9.7” screen or smaller. I hope PDF annotation will be allowed in reading mode where only a tiny toolbox for pens and eraser is shown.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I think that the quality of hand written characters should be improved.
    when I handwriting, I get to many sharp edge at the start and end of writing. So need to automatic clean-up function.
    also the straight line should be improved automatically when the handwriting characters.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. In GoodNotes 4, 3 colors and the eraser tool were easily accessible at the top of the zoom window. It would be great to have this back. It is a bit inconvenient to reach to the top of the ipad to erase, change tool or undo.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. There is currently no indication of the size of the page I’m editing, which makes it very difficult to change the template without going through an annoying trial-and-error dance to make the page size match the existing page size.

I’d really like a switch to show ruler markings on the edges of the page to check the page size and, if possible, an indication of the current page size (letter, A6, etc)

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Vielen Dank dafür, dass ihr meinem Wunsch über alle Notizen zu suchen entsprochen habt! Es funktioniert sogar in der Schreibschrift super!! Nun meine nächsten Wünsche:
    Ich möchte gern jederzeit angezeigt bekommen wann und möglicherweise auch wo, ich die Notiz erstellt habe. Ich möchte ausserdem Dokumente suchen bzw. finden, die ich an einem bestimmten Tag und/oder Ort erstellt habe. Ausserdem fehlt mir ein Lineal mit Massangaben um Grundrisse zu zeichnen.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?