Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7086 results found

1. Drag and drop pdfs in Mac OS is annoying because you have to export, save, and then drag (or export to mail and drag, etc). Then rename the document.... I’ve noticed other 3rd party apps have extensions which would allow import through the share icon in Preview or other apps like Safari. Would love to see that feature! Would make workflow a lot smoother.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. First chose the sentence or word range or something you want to hide to remember.
    Second , changes the mode normal to hide mode, then the range you chose first would be disappear , and if you want to check the answer of the range , the double tap the range.
    It will be more usable for all users.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hello Goodnotes team! First of all, I would like to say that I love using your app. Ever since I started studying on an Ipad with goodnotes my productivity improve 100%. I love how clean and intuitive the software is. I also really like the cloud integration. This is where my first feature request comes from as well. Actually, I believe it is more of a bug. On some of the pdfs of my notes which are auto uploaded to google drive, the highlighter doesn't display properly. Instead, it looks like a series of triangles. Another request I have is…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Hi, goodnotes developers.
    I've been using goodnotes application for years and I think Goodnotes 5 should have a "Categories" shourcut as in goodnotes 4. It's more convenient than tapping "back" again and again until I reach the main documents page. I have many subfolders so that shoutcut is what goodnotes 5/6/7 or whatever should have. Hope you consider this problem. I'm certainly sure that it's not inly me who feel uncomfotable about this. Thank you for your hard working!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion. We’ll see what we can do about it in the future. In the meantime, you can avoid having to tap the back button multiple times and instead tap on the “Documents” icon in the tab bar at the bottom to jump straight to the root folder level.

5. Pen with a solid colour, allowing hiding words (keypoints). After tapping on it, the colour becomes transparent, tap once again then the colour becomes solid. It's definitely more useful and flexible than the flashcard.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Can you add a kind of "Back to writing" \ "Back to last document" button to the main page. Thanks.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. If you've done enough research into analysing your competitors I'd assume you've heard of Notion's toggle feature. I love it, if it's not rocket science, just hire a Harvard Comp Sci major and get it sorted. Cheers Goodnotes

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The dark paper templates are grey. I like them but black templates would be a lot easier on the eyes.
    I tried importing a custom template but the zoom feature didn’t work well with it.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When you scroll on Goodnotes, the paper seems to take too long to stop moving after swiping and you must wait until it stops before you can swipe again. Getting rid of some of this extra moving time would make the app feel a lot more fluid.

There is also quite a bit more Apple Pencil latency when using it in Goodnotes vs a native app such as Apple notes. Not sure why this is but working on this aspect would boost the entire feel of the app and make it feel more integrated and polished.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. most folks put lecture notes into goodnotes folders. So it would be really cool to have a "not done" button as a way to label notes that the students haven't finished so they can easily find them if they want to go back to them.

The "not done button" is similar to the "favorite button", so it can be added easily

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. SMEAR A WORD, A SENTENCE, A TEXT [ TO ERASE ] !!!!!!
    POW!
    Superfast! VERY USEFUL FOR SCHOOL.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Is there any possibility to hold two or three fingers on the screen, and you scratch with the pencil towards different directions to switch to different tools and undo?
    It'd be very convenient and cool I think. (Honestly, I'm wondering if I should ask Apple for this but not you)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It needs notification time review and no need to change when I study it three times a day.
    The button study again like a counter without any conditions.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. In presenting mode, rather than showing the full page or what the presenter page, can you introduce a feature that allows just one area of the page to be locked in the presentation so that I can write on this section and isolate it from the rest of the page while allowing me to read on/work ahead while my students read through what is on the board.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. We use good notes to draw dimensions onto house plans as a site measure. Since the new update our lines straighten but remain at an angle - This is nice however we would like to be able to have the option to enable parallel snapping so when a line is drawn slight off 90degrees it straightens up to 90 degrees or 180degrees this makes drawing dimension annotation very fast - at the moment we need to straight the lines by editing the node for every line which is slow and frustrating.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow hiding Flash Cards from the overall view of the note. I like to read and take notes, and then I like to use Flash Cards for revision, but I don't want to see them when I am reading my note because they take too much space and mess with me trying to quickly navigate between the pages.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. This would change a lot! There are a few options to have your work synced to a backup folder, however there is no option for icloud. As many users probably use icloud for their backup-system this would help a lot!

Thank you

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be nice if there were a way to index all pages written and make them available where one finds Thumbnails / Favorites / Outlines a way to go quickly review and find.

I will use when I have a normal document with a lot of pages, and I have to write some notes, o highlight something, and then quickly find in the documents my notes.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. After drawing a shape it'd be nice if we could have the option to remove its border, leaving only the semi-transparent filling. I draw lots of 3D shapes and the semi-transparent filling helps indicating the object's depth, but the borders make the object look cluttered.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I love the new feature which allows drawing shapes very simply without using the shape tool. Thank you! But I also often used and rely upon the ability to draw shapes with a Fountain pen or brush pen outline. The new feature seems to have disabled this. Please can you bring back Fountain pen and brushed outline shapes as they were before? Thank you

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?