Skip to content

Improve Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web

Welcome to the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes for Apple's platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Improve Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

2186 results found

1. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  2. When using a large PDF, I have to find my current page again. Is there a way to make a page marker so that you can pick up where you left off?

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Having the ability to type or handwrite then change into text (ink to text) would be very helpful and would make the notebooks neater. This function is available on IOS so why not windows?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Hi, can you add typing support into this app as it will make the app much more easier and convenient to use as typing will act as an additional input method. Thanks :)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  5. Bring to write slowly and stuttering.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. If I want to change to size of an imported picture, it changes the size from the center. As a Microsoft Surface user with a mousepad, I'd prefer if I could change the size from every corner as well as if the image would be stretched from the opposite corner and not from the center, which often leads to overlapping with a different object. With the Surface, it is possible that the bottom right corner is covered with an message from Windows, which I need to close before I can continue with adjusting the image.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  7. I recently bought an active capacitive stylus cuz my old one was dying too quickly and I thought a battery powered one would be more suitable. Turns out goodnotes beta only registers my active capacitive stylus as a finger and does not draw, instead it just acts as if my finger would and only scrolls.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  8. for example, I have a pdf in which content is in A4 size and not enough space to write my own notes on the sidelines, but if we are able to tilt the pdf from vertical to horizontal , then there will be enough space to write own notes on sidelines

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  9. I am a Pastoral counselor and use Goodnotes V5 to store counselee and client data. As you might imagine, HIPPA is important to us all in the health care field and securing handwritten notes is paramount. Having encryption or two-factor authentication on iCloud data would be a very large and critical improvement. TIA, Chris

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  10. Im not sure what to call this but the formating is weird on my tab s8 +. (Screenshot attached.) I can see part of the previous page. I know it may be just an aspect ratio difference between a Samsung device and an iPad, but I don't remember this being an issue on the ios version. It would make the experience nicer if you could see just the single page. I tried changing from the "goodnotes standard" template to letter size but I could still see the previous page.
    The attached screenshot is with my tablet in portrait mode, my…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  11. words can't be kept straight please insert option
    to rotate and other like wise

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  12. 너무 느려요...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  13. 9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. There should be a feature where the user can open the camera directly from the app, and take a picture of a document or a whiteboard if they are in class.
    Then there should be a proccess similar to CamScanner, where the app attempts to automatically detect the borders of the page or the whiteboard, and clarifies text.

This should also be functional when importing photos, for tablets which don't have camera, or users who prefer to use their phones for pictures.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. This feature exists in every notes app.
    When a photo is imported you should be able to crop the part you are interested in (using a lasso tool, rectangle selector and many other selectors), and drag it as if it were a new photo.
    This is used for example when an assignment is given in a PDF file, and the user would want to crop out each question and place them at the top of each page.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I have purchased the full version of the iOS/iPad OS client and I want my notes on my Apple devices to be automatically synced to my Windows and Android devices.
    I have always found your company happy to listen to consumer suggestions, and I think the following measures may help solve this problem.
    1. A goodnotes native account could be generated to make it easy to log in and sync files directly from each client.
    2、File synchronization can be done with third-party services such as Apple iCloud or Microsoft OneDrive, so that goodnotes does not have to build its own…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  17. I use a drawing tablet and I've realized that sometimes when I am scrolling the app does not allow me to write after the scrolling of the page has stabilized. (Especially when I am moving across different pages) Instead of writing, the page is moved, even though I am in pen mode. I usually have to click on another mode for example the selection tool and click back to the pen for the issue to be resolved. Additionally, we should not be allowed to highlight things in the header and footer. When I am writing sometimes I apparently highlight things…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 삼성노트에서 필기한 파일을 굿노트에 불러오고, 불러와진 파일을 편집 가능하게 해 주세요

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  19. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It is great that now we can export our notebooks! But then just now I was thinking that it would be really useful to be able to, for example, export only the current page, or manually select the pages you want to be exported.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?