Skip to content

Improve Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web

Welcome to the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes for Apple's platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Improve Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

2184 results found

1. The two items I see need improvement are:

• Stylus input lag still seems behind the competitors like onenote, penbook, and scrble. I'm using a surface pro 7 with surface pen so I should be a good test subject. While i understand pen lag may never match onenote because Microsoft builds the hardware and software, goodnotes needs to catch up with the others such as penbook.

• Infinite paper - need this for doing larger diagrams

• I need text/typing input like onenote. This is the only reason why i stick with onenote as my primary, as i do both handwritten and typed…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  2. Need a lot of ios features

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Convert handwriting to text or a tool that allows you to have neater handwriting. Would be a game-changer!

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. It failed to open .goodnotes files from my iPad and says "unsupported document". Then I tried loading them in PDF formats but there were bugs when I tried to add a new page in that PDF file. It does not add a new plank page and duplicate the last page instead. Also, all became non-editable on Windows even when I set them as editable PDFs during export.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Beta versions of app having bugs like stuck while scrolling and missing many features of my ios tab. I'm using samsung tab s8+ having powerful hardware configuration, So please improve your software as fluent of ios tab with all that feature including sharing file in pdf or goodnotes formats so that we can export or import goodnotes file between ios and android, please consider this. I'm doctor and this app is very helpful for me and all medicos. since long time I'm using goodnote5.
    Love from India 🇮🇳

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allows you to add pages in a block that are pdf or images.
    I think it is essential that, when you are going to add in a notebook a new page, it allows you to import some documents or pictures again.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Decreasing size of single or couple words is limited to a certain size as bigger groups of words can be resized to smaller size compared to single/couple words.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I am able to upload pdf but writing on pdf is slow and some texts are slow to load. This occurs even after compressing pdf file to smaller file size.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I'm using the goodnotes app on surface book 2 with surface pen. Compared to other apps like Onenote or “Concept” drawing app, there's a apparent input lag when I was writing.
    Wishing to be improved later.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Can import ppt

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. In the area selection function, only movement after selection is possible, and there is no function to zoom in or out. please add

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  13. It would be nice there is a simple application that syncs notepads on PC where you can see the notes and type more with your keyboard

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It would be nice to have password protected notebooks, for personal or work related notes

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. it would be really useful, if one could open a file via url.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Option for standard paper sizes for notebooks.

So that we would have some idea on the size of our written notes when we print on standard papers.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When scrolling the page with the mouse there is a very strong lag that makes it very annoying to use.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add a lock button to freeze page layout when writing. Too many times the page is moving during note taking.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Auto show outline of an imported document (e.g. textbooks) and allow us to create outlines and bookmarks for our own notes.

For reference, Flexcil has this function (shown in the screenshot below)

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  20. I have a planner that comes with Goodnotes files format that are basically stickers and pictures. When I import, it does not work. I get unsupported file format. Can we have the ability to read all types of files, especially Goodnotes files? Plus it seems to have a size limit, which is not the case when using it on ipad with the same file.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?