Skip to content

Improve Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web

Welcome to the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes for Apple's platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Improve Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

2185 results found

1. 1) Changing spacing between the lines/grids/dots.
    2) Having a colour wheel to choose paper background colour
    3) Changing line/grid/dot thickness

Eg. I think this would be very useful for those who can see better with certain colour paper, or for personal preferences.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. When I upload an image or paste in an image, I always get the option to resize it and, dragging the image to make it larger or to rotate it. For me this function never works ill be trying to hold and drag the corners and it won't work, I can't move the image around at all either.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I want my file saved in my computer can be open directly to goodnote with the "open with" option

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. To have the View mode before Edit mode when clicking on your documents. Sometimes we just want to consult our notes and not edit the document right away, and I keep leaving marks on my notes everytime I open it and just want to scroll down and I have to erase after.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. After reading through the other suggestion, I would say most needed features have been said. Other things I would like is to be to copy and paste lasso selected text or even delete it. Ability to insert space so you add notes to a particular part. Having to lasso select everything and then moving it down is tedious and inefficient. Being able to set and select different colors of pens and highlighters presets. Pen/eraser toggle is important, so I'll mention it again. One last thing I would like is support for drawing/graphics tablets because that's what I use to write…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It would be interesting to have basic page dimensions as square, A5, letter and maybe more specific dimensions like business card, envelope size or flashcards ready to print front and back. Good project so far!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I'm wondering if instead of using Windows native file explorer, we would be able to have access to look at documents in the cloud to pull our files from OneDrive, or something to that effect.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Hello I think the toolbar where you can select pen colors and other things would benefit from being able to adjust the toolbar with a right-cick option to allow people to add more colors or more tools into that toolbar.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Have an option for square pages (for example 3000x3000 pixels each) and also more page colors to choose from

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  10. first of all, increase contrast when choosing paper as you cant make out what it actually looks like
    also add more functions like the ios version has
    yes i know this is a beta app, but it would help so much if you could edit documents while offline, have a ruler tool and not be limited to 20 different notes

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  12. Add support for Surface pen haptics, similar to what OneNote has.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. So i just got the Beta Access today - since id like to import the on IOS written Documents i tried messing around with the program a bit.

When doing that i realized that on my Win 10 System i wont get connected to the website when using the "contact Support" Button.
    Also redirecting to the "Contact Support" over the website is getting blocked by my Avira Virus scanner "URL:Blacklist" warning.

Maybe thats fixable - maybe its just my system that has this problem but we'll see :D

Edit: Version V74648

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  14. Eraser options, so I can use my S Pen Button to switch from Pen to Eraser, the same way it works withsa samsung notes version

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I've been waiting for goodnotes to hit the Android platform for a long time, thank you very much for your willingness to develop goodnotes for android platform, add formula editing would extremely useful for students who studying mathematics or physcis at the university. Adding a formula editor, as well as handwriting recognition feature for mathematical formulas, such as OneNote would be beneficial. With Markdown syntax, code blocks can also be displayed, which would be very helpful for students studying computer science.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. For android, It should have a real app just like the IOS version, also, support the same features and make use of spen, also, needs to properly resize when in sliptcreen

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  17. Have a feature which enables users to change the order of pages

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  18. I would like it if a button were added that I can use to switch to desktop mode as when I tried to print one of my notebooks earlier that is what it told me

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  19. Current import file size limits it at 100MB. Most my textbooks are around 300MB and some even 700MB. This is simply not useful until size limit increases.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?