Skip to content

Improve Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web

Welcome to the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes for Apple's platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Improve Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

2184 results found

1. The only way to improve it is to bring it up to par with the iOS version. Doing that, it would truly be worth the investment. Literally, hope that this good notes ain't gonna be a half baked app after 4 years or something.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  2. It is great that now we can export our notebooks! But then just now I was thinking that it would be really useful to be able to, for example, export only the current page, or manually select the pages you want to be exported.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  3. On MacOS and iOS, GoodNotes is very effective with the quirks that come with both platforms. However, the Windows platform has a plethora of quirks that can make a Windows GoodNotes as good as the one on iOS. Here is a quick list I came up with that would enhance GoodNotes on the Windows platform:

Integration with Windows apps: Integrating with other Windows apps such as OneNote, Microsoft To-Do, or Microsoft Office would make GoodNotes more useful and provide a better user experience.

Cloud integration: Windows users often rely on Microsoft's cloud services like OneDrive or SharePoint. Integrating GoodNotes with…

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Hi, thank you for allowing Windows users to test the Beta version. I like the rendering of the lasso tool; it moves very smoothly. I also like the varying options of the notebook covers and page choices.

Below are 6 additions that will improve the current & future version's productivity & functionality:

1. audio recording feature (+ audio following written or typed words written at that time when audio is played back)
      * good for students needing to relisten to specific parts of the lecture

2. typing feature
      * allow ability to type AND draw rather than just drawing (this'll help take…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The ideal would be making the Android / Windows app identical to the iOS app, including all features, etc.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Similar to Google docs, have the ability to go back to old versions of a notebook so if you change a notebook or something gets deleted and can not be put back, you can go back to old or privios versions of the notebook and fix the mistake.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Would it be possible to have more types of pens and brushes as well as an option where the document colours are saved so we don't have to remember the hex codes of the colours we are using?

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I'm in engineering so most of the time i have to use graphs for certain assignments that needs me to create certain lines, however, I am not granted full freedom to make my own lines due to the automatic parallel snapping. I hope that in the future there can be an option, or a button that allows me to turn of the parallel line snapping.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  9. It's a known issue that hyperlinks do not (yet) work in Goodnotes for Windows. However, when editing a document with hyperlinks and then exporting it, the export does not contain any hyperlinks at all: It removed the hyperlinks.
    This sounds like a bug: Goodnotes should not do destructive exports. Even if itself doesn't support hyperlinks, it should respect the existing hyperlinks in the document.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Pdf 파일을 여는데 자꾸 튕겨요... 약 100메가, 200메가짜리 파일인데 와 이리 버벅이는지... 고쳐주세여 ㅜㅜ

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  11. Convert handwriting to text or a tool that allows you to have neater handwriting. Would be a game-changer!

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Currently, importing pdfs is only possible outside of already created notebooks.
    I would, however, like to import it directly into my notebook. Thats only possible for pictures tho

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. la aplicación no deja Cambiar la tipografía y cuando metes texto con el teclado en samsung no se ve con las tipografías que tenemos disponibles. Además, la opcidon de meter texto con el lápiz (NO dibujar si no que cuando escribes con el lápiz lo convierte en texto ) No funciona bien y hay que ingresarlo en teclado

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When exporting a PDF to email (which does not yet work) it would also be great to not have a random DDq2bOztanlsdohdksfj etc. file name but the name of the PDF with an option to edit/change it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  15. Hello! I'm very happy about hearing that GoodNotes ist coming for Android tablets, so we can interact with iPad users.

Here is a suggestion list:

[+] document scan and insert as a full site
    [+] insert picture as a full site
    [+] insert pdf as a full site
    [+] folder
    [+] activate / deactivate finger writing
    [+] textbox (with custom changeable fonts and color)
    [+] bold or italic on only choosed text, not the whole text
    [+] laserpointer (with changeable size)
    [+] customable size for eraser (for the quick option too)
    [+] eraser (option for deleting only WRITING, HIGHLIGHTER, PICTURES…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  16. I'm consedering to switch to a different platform cuz it's always stuck! get me out of the flow of thinking and it's feel so cheap.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  17. in ios version, shapes are automatically filled with colour, it would be great if this feature is brought to windows version. and the handw

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The ability to pin notebooks to the start of a folder (i.e., override the sorting system for chosen notebooks) would be a great feature. This would be really helpful, for example, if using Goodnotes for schoolwork where you may be working on a particular notebook (i.e., topic) and want quick access to it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I'm having a hard time editing my text boxes or pictures. What should be easy to adapt and resize, I'm having to delete and insert a new one. It seems it locks after that.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please allow the handwriting to be rotated after selecting it. 1

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?