Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7138 results found

1. Every time you enter a Text into a text field and leave this particular text field, and create a new one at a different place. The previous configurations about the text field are set back to standard, and don’t stay the way you set it.

This is really inconvenient, because if you want to create a note with various text fields which are all in the same style, you have to configure the text settings again and again for every text field

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. So my free trial with AT&T ended and I added the car's phone number to my existing AT&T account. All was well, the wifi continued to work as intended. Then all of a sudden it no longer works. I thought it was because we drove through an area with poor cell coverage but once it dropped I have been unable to get it back on. It works for carplay etc., but we are unable to access the internet through it. Any suggestions? I was thinking I should call BMW genius or even AT&T but thought I would ask here first…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Physics major here, I'm finding it incredibly difficult to graph functions using the current curve option. It would be much easier to have an option that makes graphing all sorts of functions easier. So far, the only app that comes close is Colla notes, but I'd prefer to use good notes.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I think it would be AWESOME if we could use the double-tap feature of the Apple Pencil to be able to undo an action.

I take a lot of hand notes, and everytime I make a mistake I have to manually hit the back arrow which is very inconvenient, whereas doing it by double-tapping the Apple Pencil would be very time-saving and convenient!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I would like to add the possibility to choose which pages to export and not export them all or just one. This update would be very useful for school

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be nice to have a distraction free reading mode with 2 pages view in landscape screen position. This will be much more convenient to read my notes just like in real notebook where you see 2 pages at the same time.
    Current ability for viewing in split screen doesn't solve this problem, it is not very convenient to sync scroll of 2 independent windows with app to read my notes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. That option would be good for everyone since we would use it for lettering, to put other types of brushes… In the same tab where the pencil is located, where you can choose a brush, an option should appear: + add brush. + add brush should be found with pen styles. instead of being: fountain pen, ballpoint pen and brush pen. It would be: + add brush, fountain pen, ballpoint pen and brush pen. Final results would be photo.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. a. No ability to edit pen thickness AFTER having written. I would like to be able to select various bits of writing and make them all the same thickness.

b. Resizing handwritten text changes thickness (weight) of what's been written.
    Editing these resized notes exacerbates this problem; have to experiment to find a suitable pen weight so that new text matches weight of existing text.

c. Zooming in does not scale pen weight - so zooming in and writing additional text means having to experiment with an appropriate pen weight in order for new writing to match existing writing.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Google Docs has options to change the presets for each section (title, header, body, etc.)

We use different fonts and sizes (sometimes colors) for each part of our notes, so adding this feature may be beneficial!

Text Styles may also be the correct verbiage

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It would be nice to have the ability to digit text on the whole page so that it gets aligned automatically to the template rows (I always use the squared template), kinda like in word. I’d rather use only GoodNotes to take notes instead of writing the whole thing on word and then importing it in GoodNotes because I would have a lot more flexibility with the pen and all the other GoodNotes functions. However, with the text tool as it is now, you can only write in the text box which you can move and align to the margins…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please add the ability to edit keyboard shortcuts. I have a very specific setup and being able to assign keys where I want them is a very important factor in workflow.

I am glad there is keyboard support at all, but I can't imagine this is beyond the ability of your staff to add.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Apple notes app recognises arrow heads at the end of segments and snaps them into perfectly straight or curved arrows when pencil is held after drawing so. This would be a great feature to have.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1) Ich fände es so genial, wenn man einen hinzugefügten Kommentar in einem PDF auch markieren kann, wie man sonst ein Wort oder einen Satz in einem Text markieren kann.

2) wenn man einen Link als Kommentar hinzufügt, dann lässt sich der Link leider nicht so schnell anklicken. Man müsste das also so umgehen, dadurch dass man auf Kommentar-Bearbeiten anklickt und dann auf den Link klickt, um den zu kopieren und schließlich ihn in einem Browser zu öffnen. Es ist also ganz schön zeitaufwendig.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It would be awesome if you could add a method to convert copied text from a pdf to custom handwriting. As a software engineer, I propose adding the capability to enter a custom alphabet where the text is converted by mapping each letter (works in O(n) where n is the length of the text).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Apple announced that iOS 15, iPadOS 15, and macOS Monterey feature system-wide translation, allowing users to translate text by simply selecting it and tapping or right clicking on the Translate option that appears.

This native support by the os, should be easy to implement.

In fact, some existing applications already support this feature without upgrading. I am curious why GoodNotes does not automatically support it when reading PDF files.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I use several colors regularly and I must select the one that does not appear in the bar. If there were 4 colors and even five you could have them available more quickly. Others handwriting apps have quite a few colors available on the taskbar so you don't waste time choosing. In the figure I have put six colors and it does not look bad.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be amazing if you could select which notecards to study. Sometimes, you only need to study a few.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be very helpful for an API of some sort to be exposed, so developers could make various plugins.
    A few ideas:
    - Programmable notes (Useful for maths - insert difficult sigma sums, calculations etc)
    - Ability to tap into handwriting recognition (recognise chemicals, equations, etc)
    - Siri/ shortcut support
    - Custom shape snapping
    - Themes

I'm sure there are more things developers could do with this ability. Take VSCode for instance. Granted it was built from the beginning to be easily modified, but their plugin ecosystem is incredible.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The default scroll button is too tiny to use

3 votes

We're glad you're here