Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7211 results found

1. I often need to change scrolling direction due to the fact that this setting cannot be applied to each document independently.
    Therefore, it would really help if the scrolling direction menu item was a simple toggle button, which would make perfect sense since there are only two options and so it is totally unnecessary to dive further in the menu settings to be able to change it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Create a way for a written note to become an Asana task. This feature would improve our efficiency greatly.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It would be amazing if text colour and size can be changed through keyboard shortcuts, and more advanced text features like Markdown can be brought in here. (Please learn from google docs and notion - thanks!)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I love the flashcard feature in Good Notes! But, I have an idea for how to make it more user-friendly. What if you could put 'tags' on certain cards? For example, in my bio flashcards, I would love to tag which chapters the card is from (e.g., "Ch. 1", "Ch. 2", "Ch. 3"). Then when I launch the flashcard feature, I can select which tags I would like to review. If I feel comfortable with the content from chapter 1, I would leave those cards out. You could also tag cards by their level of difficulty, kind of question (true/false,…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Enable File Storage without iCloud backup - My daughter is halfway through her sophomore year in college and loves (we all do) good notes. Her first years data is taking up several mega bytes of data (almost 32) which is all the memory she has on her iPad. As she continues we will obviously have to buy a new iPad and storage but would be great to be able to save that first years data to an offline file for use down the road to refer to and or share with friends. Good notes rocks, please add that feature!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. On the right side of the toolbar, there are three options: automatic disappearance of the laser trails, and the manual remove all/erase laser trails option.

Explanation (optional to read): I’ve been using laser trails almost every time when I review because I can write on top of my written notes and annotated handouts to help me remember, but what’s frustrating about it is that it disappears so fast when I try to write multiple words of what I have just reviewed seconds before. I can’t use the regular pen and write above these papers of mine since they are annotated/written…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It would be cool if you could also edit the colors in the text box

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When Scanning for example an A4 document, it is „placed“ on the GoodNotes standard aspect ratio, creating white unused space next to it. It would be nice to either be able to select the aspect ratio or that the document is simply imported just like a normal photo (not placed on any white background with the wrong aspect ratio)
    Thank you very much :)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 3 colour shotcuts is good but it would be better if we can add more of em'

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. We should have the option to create/edit hyperlinks within Goodnotes. Pages get added and moved around and mess up the hyperlinks and we need the ability to fix them so the hyperlinks in our notebook or journal are still usable.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make the pen sizes a lot larger so we can fill something in faster or draw larger text epically for note book covers, titles, etc.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. This is not a major, groundbreaking change, but I think it’d be incredibly useful for some use cases if GoodNotes showed the date that notes were created as well as when they were last modified.

I often want to go back to notes that were created around a particular date, such as, say, November 2016. Once I make a change to an old note I currently have no way of knowing when it was originally created. I do a lot of planning that requires knowing when documents were created, which is making me regret having stored my docs in GoodNotes…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Example;
    I need to get a set of A1 landscape drawing for reference in my A3 landscape notebook. In this example, i do not need to have the original size of pdf. it may also help reducing the file size?!?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. There are a few Sanrio;

1. most of the time we may want to have consistent page size, this could be the size that we start the note book with. It could be nice if there is a option to “fit” any template to that size.
    2. we may want to have a specific sizes (multiple paper sizes) on notebook, it will be nice if we could have some control. For example assume that the typical size of notebook is A4 portrait, we may want to have a few sheet as A3 landscape.
    * one of the benefit is that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Every time you enter a Text into a text field and leave this particular text field, and create a new one at a different place. The previous configurations about the text field are set back to standard, and don’t stay the way you set it.

This is really inconvenient, because if you want to create a note with various text fields which are all in the same style, you have to configure the text settings again and again for every text field

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Apple announced that iOS 15, iPadOS 15, and macOS Monterey feature system-wide translation, allowing users to translate text by simply selecting it and tapping or right clicking on the Translate option that appears.

This native support by the os, should be easy to implement.

In fact, some existing applications already support this feature without upgrading. I am curious why GoodNotes does not automatically support it when reading PDF files.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. So my free trial with AT&T ended and I added the car's phone number to my existing AT&T account. All was well, the wifi continued to work as intended. Then all of a sudden it no longer works. I thought it was because we drove through an area with poor cell coverage but once it dropped I have been unable to get it back on. It works for carplay etc., but we are unable to access the internet through it. Any suggestions? I was thinking I should call BMW genius or even AT&T but thought I would ask here first…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Physics major here, I'm finding it incredibly difficult to graph functions using the current curve option. It would be much easier to have an option that makes graphing all sorts of functions easier. So far, the only app that comes close is Colla notes, but I'd prefer to use good notes.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I think it would be AWESOME if we could use the double-tap feature of the Apple Pencil to be able to undo an action.

I take a lot of hand notes, and everytime I make a mistake I have to manually hit the back arrow which is very inconvenient, whereas doing it by double-tapping the Apple Pencil would be very time-saving and convenient!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?