Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7098 results found

1. I have been using goodnotes for almost three years now. One thing I feel is lacking from GoodNotes is the functionality of cross-platforms compatibility. One note has a chrome browser extension for web grab which adds the web to your notes directly. I think it would be super useful for goodnotes class notes taking

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Like to be able to change the colours for goodnotes and having only 3 options for the colours with one usually being black is quite restrictive and changing it every time can be tedious. Would be very nice if we could have more pen colour options on the toolbar. Thanks for considering my idea!

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I have shaky hands, and while the straight line feature on the highlighter is helpful, it would be awesome to have the option to change the highlighter color when you select text (i.e, like you would do when you go to copy it to clipboard). You can use the lasso tool to select it after highlighting it, but that is a pain lol.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add an option for the pen tool that would smooth out handwriting (similar to a feature in procreate.) I can get really picky about my handwriting and will spend 5x as long writing a sentence trying to get the jitters and bumps out of the hand writing.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. In the option box generated by long-pressing the word, there is currently only 'definition'. It would be more applicable if 'translation' was added.
    长按单词产生的选项框中,目前只有‘定义’。如果增加‘翻译’会更适用。

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Search only in a specific folder

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It'd be amazing if we could toggle on and off the pressure sensitivity entirely and rather the thickness of the strokes be dependent majorly on the speed of the stroke. This would, imo, make the writing experience a whole lot better for a lotta others like me.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add the option to increase/reduce stabilization of hand-drawn strokes and as this would help make a lot of people's handwriting less jittery and MUCH MUCH neater.
    For reference, Procreate has a great stabilization feature and I absolutely love using that to write down important titles.

.. If not customizable stabilization, then a stabilization of around 30% to 35% on the Procreate standard would be absolutely wonderful :D

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Can we get metallic pen colours and some new templates with interesting textures please?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Using the Apple Pencil Scribble function to convert handwritten words to typed text in realtime works very well, but it automatically converts capital letters (particularly the first letter of a word that is meant to be capitalized) to lowercase letters. For example, writing “Energy” with a capital E changes the word to “energy” with lowercase e. It also underlines the autocorrected word in blue. Tapping or selecting the word underlined in blue gives no option to change it back to the intended capitalization. This does not happen in any default Apple app. I’ve contacted Apple support about this, and I…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Currently the only login option is Login with Apple, which many users can’t access. A simple email login and/or Login with Google would be great.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When having lots of readings for classes such as philosophy and ethics, I think it would be useful to be able to import it into the notebook, but collapse it. Same with images. So, you see the little folder icon in the notebook, click on it, and it opens either the document or image in the full page, so that it's not taking up tons of pages on the notebook.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When studying flash cards, it would be helpful if the flash card window only disappeared after tapping „done“. Currently, you have to be so careful not to touch the screen anywhere.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Since some PDFs do not come with their "table of contents" already made, it would be incredibly helpful to be able to create an outline that has sub-sections that can be collapsed. Such as a long textbook with multiple sections each having multiple chapters - would love to be able to easily see the section titles and then expand each as needed to see each chapter within. The textbooks that come with this already made are so nice and it would be nice to be able to do this not only with PDFs but also with my hand written notebooks.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I know gesture function for undo has already been introduced.

But,
    I am grabbing pencil in right hand and ipad in left hand, I usually grab ipad for not to be shaken when I am writing, so I have no additional hand to do gesture!! Even need two finger double tap.

Rather press undo button is fast and convinient. Eraser button is very useless for me that I have to press pen button again.

So to press undo button accurately is very important for me to use GoodNotes. But button is very small, even the slightest mislocation woudn’t work. To…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When you use GoodNotes5 in horizontal mode on Ipad, there is a lot of free space to the right of the color-options. It would be nice to fill this space with the option to have more then just 3 colors available. At least 5, would be nice.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When scrolling through a document, the page number and total page count is displayed in the bottom left corner of the screen. I’d like to be able to double click or long press this display and be prompted to enter the page number I’d like to jump to. Often I’ll be utilizing a PDF of a book with a table of contents that isn’t linked, so being able to manually jump to a page would be handy. Currently I navigate to pages by searching for page numbers and clicking the appropriate page. Depending on the document, this can be clunky…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The newly implemented comments feature should be instantly searchable.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I’d like GN to make my handwritten notes smoother, as in the “brushes streamline” features of apps like Procreate.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?