Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7124 results found

1. It would be great to have an option to make all pages the same width (or at least displayed so). When pages have different widths, they tend to move sideways when scrolled vertically. And this is very unpleasant.

When importing pages from different sources, Notability makes all pages the same width by default, and this makes scrolling very smooth.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Es wäre ganz hilfreich, wenn es bei den Geometrie-Objekte auch ein Objekt für fertige Koordinatensystem gäbe. Eventuell welche, die mit festen Abstand funktionieren oder sich an das karierte Batt anpassen.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I want a ruler that moves on GoodNotes according to the magnification of the note. Sometimes I want to draw a line that is accurately lengthed in your notebook. I also want a function that allows me to draw a circle centered on a certain point.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please allow a setting to save custom colour choices for every time use. I like I have to change the colour palate options everytime to my needed colours before I can write a new note. I mean there should be an option to create on colour palate and save it for later use and not just the default you have provided.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It is unnecessarily frustrating that when you select an item in the toolbar, you can't select that toolbar item again to deselect/get out of its menu. Your only options are to tap the top of the screen, or tap the page, which writes on it immediately and then you have to erase that. It's such a dumb and simple problem to fix, cmon.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please add an option to remotely delete documents when they have been compromised. As a medical student, I have my iPad often times stolen by classmates. It would be great to have some sort of a backup for such cases.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please add two-factor authentication whenever I want to open my document for maximum security.
    I am a medical student and I do not want my classmates to steal my notes and surpass me.
    Moreover, receiving an email or a text message when the document is opened would be extremely useful.
    Thank you for reading and voting for the idea. Never give up your privacy!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be perfect if you added another type of pen, mimicking colour pencils. That would be a great addition, since all we have now is either a transparent highlighter or a solid marker. It should be precise, pressure sensitive, and angle of the apple pencil sensitive.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Basically add an option where you could hide the toolbar, tabs and top menu to allow for a full screen note taking experience. Right now the toolbar is useful, sometimes, but extremely big as it takes up like 20% of the screen which does not feel very modern.

Could add a small toggle for this pretty easily.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. We need more than 3 favourite pens, other apps easily have an average of around 5 custom pens. Such a crucial feature!!!! Needs implementation

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It would be so useful to have the possibility to create internal hyperlink in the same document or through more documents of goodnotes.
    so if I clicked on the word of the hyperlink, I would go directly to the page of the hyperlink.
    I hope you'll make up this feature

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Creating types of pen settings based on actual pens! For example, having the option to choose a Papermate pen, a Pilot pen, a Sharpie, etc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. New user, great app.
    Perhaps consider allowing for a/some window to be detachable and freely floating.
    A user might make a bunch of personal elements (bulletpoints, arrows,...) and have it be available. Currently there's only a non-modal thumbnail view available in the navigation bar.

Making this modal, undockable would increase efficiency for those that use this item repeatedly.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. If we select some page on a page and do not deselect it, I cannot select text on another page. First, I have to go to the original page deselect the page by clicking elsewhere, and then select text on another page.
    I use GoodNotes on iPad when I want to write something, but for just reading and highlighting, and underlining I use the monitor. I feel the experience on the macOS app related to highlighting and underlining can be improved a lot.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. If we select some page on a page and do not deselect it, I cannot select text on another page. First, I have to go to the original page deselect the page by clicking elsewhere, and then select text on another page.
    I use GoodNotes on iPad when I want to write something, but for just reading and highlighting, and underlining I use the monitor. I feel the experience on the macOS app related to highlighting and underlining can be improved a lot.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please remove the ability to move a line with a finger. If I want to make changes to the document I will use my pencil. The finger is only for scrolling/navigating. I dont want to always switch to the „reading mode“ before I scroll around in the document.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When you use the lasso tool to take a screenshot, it would be nice if it copied it directly to your clipboard so you didn’t have to do ~~> share ~~> copy ~~> exit. I often need to screenshot lecture slides, and doing this series of motions repeatedly takes up a lot of time in real time as the professor is speaking. Having s feature where it a lasso screenshot is be automatically copied would be great

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. as of now, it’s a fairly standard text input box, but i’d love if we could have the functionality of Pages, where it’s already formatted for text

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. as of now, it’s a fairly standard text input box, but i’d love if we could have the functionality of Pages, where it’s already formatted for text

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. as of now, it’s a fairly standard text input box, but i’d love if we could have the functionality of Pages, where it’s already formatted for text

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?