Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7131 results found

1. We need the option of sending back a diagram or bring text to the front, because when drafting and stuff, its a bit disappointing having to erase or re-do stuff in order for it to fit hierarchy when working

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. This is more of a bug report than a feature request, and it concerns the rotation of scanned documents from my iPad's camera.

When importing a scan into GN using GN's own "Scan Documents" feature, the user is permitted to change the rotation, crop, and color scheme (b&w, color, etc) of the scan. This happens after the picture is taken with the camera. I frequently have to rotate a page 90 degrees to correct the text direction, but no matter what rotation I chose, GN imports it to a notebook with the original orientation. Very often, this creates a mismatch…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I do sketching technical detail works on a black page canvas templates and usually I have to bring up a gradation colour set of white to grey.

However when Im going back to another Notebook that is a white page I need to use black colours.

It would be nice if we can first of all we had an option to switch between a customised colours of our own made set of 3s

For e.g. I would have White, grey and Dark grey
    and Ill be able to hit a switch icon and it will cycle through to another made…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I hope GoodNotes add a capability to change Text box into Text Callout. In reviewing engineering drawings sometimes we need to pointed out with an Arrow which one that we are commenting to.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Even after updating the app I am unable to see the flash card option in the essentials template it seems to be after the ruled wide template its not there. It's not there anywhere any reason why?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Leave alone the searching feature in handwritten notes….
    But even in text notes or typed texts, it does not shows up the matches while searching many many a times….
    Even if there are lets say 8/9 matches but it only shows like 1 matches or no matches at all….
    And i have time & again confirmed this fact, it has become so irritating dats why i m requestin u guys…
    Pliz pliz look into these…. As my notes r very bulky i need hav this feature essentially

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Bonjour,
    Est-il possible d'activer la Touch Bar sur le MacBook à fin de pouvoir du crayon à la gomme, texte ,ainsi que changer les couleurs et autres. Notability a déjà intérêt la touch bar mais je préfère good notes.
    Merci de votre retour

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Bonjour,
    Est-il possible d'activer la Touch Bar sur le MacBook à fin de pouvoir du crayon à la gomme, texte ,ainsi que changer les couleurs et autres. Notability a déjà intérêt la touch bar mais je préfère good notes.
    Merci de votre retour

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Bonjour,
    Merci de votre retour

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hi, I find sometimes I could not get my files synced. When I launch the app, I sometimes have to wait for sync, which is waste of time. Especially when I use my device to modify my files, I shift to another device. It will do nothing and I really want a button or something like pull down to refresh to sync all my files manually. I think I could be useful, thanks.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Apple did not introduce a horizontal split view in portrait mode in iPadOS 15 and will probably not care to do so in the coming years.
    Introduce a top-bottom horizontal split view in portrait mode, so that you can show a full-width part of a text book / lecture / exercise sheet at the top and your notes on the bottom on the 12.9 inch iPad.
    Right now you need to switch between tabs. Every. Single. Time.
    This is an essential feature for every student and a must-have for GoodNotes!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Bring back support for 3rd party styluses! Specifically, SonarPen. According to its Kickstarter, goodnotes was in the beta stage for officially supporting it--what happened?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Bring back support for 3rd party styluses! Specifically, SonarPen. According to its Kickstarter, goodnotes was in the beta stage for officially supporting it--what happened?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I'm usually working with different formats (A4, A5, GN Standard etc.) when creating notes. It always depends on the pdf I'm currently working in, because of their different slide sizes.

A little icon or indicator in the "add a new page" menu for each last used template (A4, A5 etc.) would make it much more comfortable selecting the right template.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please add an option to remove the animation when moving through files (i.e. opening folder, opening file) to make it snappier. Sometimes I have to open a file in a whole other directory and it alway takes what feels like ages to get there.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I write my notes in the black template with some white writing and it's impossible to print my notes this way. Having a feature that automatically identified white text in the selected pages and also changed the template would be so helpful for the process of printing!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Use machine learning/AI to (optionally) record and catalog handwriting and be able to autocorrect handwritten text. Would be fantastic if it could also match sizes and styles of surrounding texts. After enough cataloging, it could even create a font with your handwriting.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When i am annotating lecture PDF, I read through one chapter and then want to skip to to the start to make notes into my mac. Being able to skip forward and backward to the closest bookmark would mean a word to me.
    And I am not alone, am I?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please I want the feature of converting handwritten notes to text in real time because nowadays First I have to copy the text and then paste it and then erase the handwritten notes.It is a complicated process ,So please add a feature which convert handwritten notes directly into text and only showing text.
    I need this because I have to make my notes clean and it would be also easy for me to read by notes when it is written in text.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Each folder should save settings for Date/Name/Type and Icon/List settings... for instance, the root folder could be alphabetical list and each sub folder could be icons arranged by date (latest used), or something else

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?