Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7197 results found

1. When zoomed in trying to write, ocasionally the whole thing zooms out having to zoom in again. This is very frustrating, especially when doing things under time restriction such as exams or some kind of quiz. I have noticed that this happens when moving the palm when writing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Have a highlighter / highlighting brush that is square edge or end just like in the typical highlighters we use in real life

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please add a option to delete documents and folders on your device without deleting them entirely. Similar on Files on MacOS where your files are in the cloud and you can choose to delete them just from your device. This would be especially useful on a low storage device.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. As example, we could have the option to open a pdf inside the notebook, making easier make slices from the book to notebook (no need to save in the gallery or copy the image, just select and slide). Thais way, when the image copied get clicked at the notebook, the book reopen in the same page (they keep linked). Just Like a referenced cell.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I would suggest another function for the lasso tool which makes it possible to chance the font size of the selected handwritten text without enlarging the whole text.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. To view 2 pages from the same document within the same document. I know you can currently use side by side mode however this is not the same thing and is not always very easy. Just like how adobe acrobat can view I on 2 pages at once.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. My idea is, that you can organize and see your GoodNotes files in the files app on iOS/iPadOS devices. This would enhance/improve the workflow with GoodNotes files. Beside it would be nice, if GoodNotes would support shortcuts, e. g. automatically creating new notes or search for notes with filters. Thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When I sometimes accidentally imported pages to the wrong document, I need to go through a lot of trouble to move it back to the correct document. I’m not sure if there are any current functions that would allow me to move pages within existing GoodNotes document easily, if not should we please have this function added? Thank you so much!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The ability to open the flashcards as full screen when we are studying them instead of it opening a separate page. Also a function that enlarges the text/ zooms in when you are studying the flashcards. I always zoom in initially to write my text but then I go to study flashcards function and I can't even read what I have written. So I have to go back and enlarge all the text. This is so, so annoying - please change this. And more options to track the cards you've studied and ways to overview/ provide a summary of the…

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 希望能够有web版本的goodnotes。因为web版本在各个平台上都能够使用和浏览,而不是局限于某一个平台。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hi,

For me it would be very useful if I could sort a documents pages in thumbnail mode by creation date and date of last modification.

Especially in larger documents it's hard to find the side where I have changed something yesterday...

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I want improved folder/ note organization where the same file can be placed in multiple locations without compromising space (e.g. if I have a folder labeled textbooks, but then want to access a specific text from a different folder like Year 1 Microbiology which includes lecture PDFs, notes, and review sheets).

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The text editing functionality is adequate, but it really needs table stakes functionality such as bullets. That's the main thing missing for me. Ideally, it would have robust, but lightweight functionality like Slack offers in chat. Using asterisks or hypens and manually futzing around with indention is a pain.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Even if not full version, being able to access and view your notes on PC would be great.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When using an Apple Pencil with the lasso tool, if I get too close to the edge of the page I frequently go just beyond the edge, causing the lasso tool to think that's the end of the lasso area selection. This typically does not result in the desired area being selected.

Instead of terminating the lasso area selection when going out-of-bounds, snap the lasso selection to the page boundary and continue lasso area selection.

(This seems to be the behavior of the macOS app when using the lasso tool with mouse. It would be good to enable similar behavior…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I use to have 3 or 4 notebook opened (as tabs), on the iPad when we open Goodnotes we are on the last state (with notebooks already opened), on the Mac each time I open Goodnotes I start with a blank stage, on folder page and nothing opened.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The iPad dock line at the bottom interferes a lot with my hand while taking notes. I see that other apps like Procreate hide the dock line, and I need an extra gesture to get the line visible. This feature will be awesome on Goodnotes as I currently have a bad experience where an entire line of writing disappears sometimes because the iPad dock line was engaged by the bottom of my hand that was resting.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Currently, documents and notebooks are sorted by the time they were last modified, and folders are sorted by creation date. If possible, we should split these categories. Users should be able to sort by "last modified," which should include the last time contents within a folder were modified and also by date, which is by the date created. This way, it's consistent for all items Good Notes.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I read the Support comment:
    "The latest update GoodNotes 5.5 is now available on the App Store. While scrolling through your document, you can now see the current page number and the total number of pages in this document. If you don’t like to see the page numbers, you can disable it in Menu > Settings > Document Editing."

It's great but with this new suggestion I mean ADD as a part of the Notebook on every page, not just when scrolling. This would allow us to easily see the page whether the Notebook is printed. It also can help…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?