Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7086 results found

1. Every single time I paste text into GoodNotes from another source I have to resize, change font and MOST ANNOYINGLY undo the “indentation” and “misalignment” of text by using the return and backspace. The indentation happens even when the original text is all parallel and doesn’t have an indentation. I literally spend about 3-4 minutes each page just editing what I pasted to look uniform, parallel and neat. WHY!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It would be even more great to be able to customize folders, notebooks, etc to match the aesthetics people want to have.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I appreciate the setting of hyperlinks coming from other apps such as Keynote or InDesign, etc. However, I think it would be more useful the possibility to preview all the bookmarks on a sidebar whenever I want, being able to add shortcuts to any of my files inside the GoodNotes app.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be good if you are reminded when the flashcards are due and then an automatic query is made. So far, at the end of a learning session, it says when you should come back to learn the flashcards. However, if you want to study the vocabulary on that day, it says another day because it assumes you have already studied the vocabulary. So you have to press "Study again", although the flashcards have not been learned on that day.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. use calender sync templete
    weekly vertical templete and sync iphone calendar

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It takes way too much time to copy/paste items today. I would like to recommend a copy/paste buttons on toolbar and at the same moment to make the toolbar customisable.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I am constantly taking screenshots when I do research and I'm looking to gather them together into a notebook. I want to quickly paste screenshots into the notebook and also be able to add my personal notes next to them or directly on them. I wish I could do this immediately after taking the screenshot without having to go to my gallery to upload the image into GoodNotes. This will allow me to maintain my train of thought better and it will be less tedious. It will make my workflow much more effective. Since right now I have to go…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I would like to suggest the option of able to combine few slides into one page so that I can scroll all my pages easily.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When do handwritten notes direct on a landscape oriented page (in big paper formats like A3) there is no room on the right to scroll out of the page, having enough space that my hand stays on the iPad so that I can continue writhing.
    Example: When you use a horizontal A4 page and zoom in that you can straight write on the page you can move the page more and more to the right while you are filling the paper. Once you are reaching 2/3 of the page you can still continue scrolling right and there will be this…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The thing is:
    I added some huge pdf files in Good Notes, then iCloud complained that it's almost full. So wanted to delete some documents, but I couldn't check which one is bigger.
    So, just showing how big a documents is, maybe next to the date and time when last edited, would be just perfect. And probably one of the easiest features to add, I would assume.
    And maybe also show the size of each folder?

Would that be possible?
    Many thanks.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Include the ability to save vocabulary searched through dictionary for a later time

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I name my documents in the following way:

2020-11-15 Team Discussion
    2020-11-17 Meeting with ...
    2020-11-18 anything

I would like to see the document with the youngest date string on top. Sorting by date doesn't help in any case, because sometimes I change something in a document - but the sorting shouldn't be affected ...

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. the line spacing drag bar under paragraph, is really difficult to get the spacing right. if we could have that... and/or be able to type in the number we need for spacing. that would greatly help. I'm constantly messing with it and when I let go it jumps to another number. >.<

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Right now, the auto backups to google drive strip the PDFs of their outline. But we need the outline in order to navigate large files.

The outline is one of the strengths of GoodNotes. Please allow auto backups with outline intact.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It would be so great to close multiple tabs at once. When I finished studying a subject, I have to close 10-20 tabs before I begin the next subject. It would be so nice to be able to tap and hold and have an option come up to ‘close all tabs’. Thanks!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. By far the biggest let down of GoodNotes is the failure of the drawing coexisting with the typing. Currently, typing is shocking on mac and must be improved to a similar standard to a word processor. This would widen the target market dramatically and improve the service significantly.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I am constantly highlighting e-textbooks on Goodnotes and currently I can only clear one page at a time. It would be fantastic to clear an entire notebook at once for people like me that re-highlight when reading it again.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be nice to have something to let you know when something is space - centered, something like what appears when you are doing and instagram story. It is a little thing but I think it would make a big difference making digital notes more like paper notes where you can make sure something is centered.

Btw, I love the app! It has made taking digital notes a whole experience for me, thank you!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I really want goodnotes to ask before closing any tab for more convenient such as "Are you sure you want to close 123.pdf ?". I usually open multiple tabs and I accidentally close some tab that I don't know. (I know that I can find the recent tabs I've opened.) Sometimes I close wrong tab too. Thank you for reading my opinion in advance.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 6 votes

We're glad you're here