Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7131 results found

1. I use GN to store ebooks. Sometimes I need to copy / paste from a PDF stored.
    Im able to use the FIND to find the text, but I can't select lines or paragraphs, copy and past it (i.e.) on MSWord or Mails....

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I hope that the handwritten conversion text can be replaced directly onto the converted text instead of needing to copy and paste.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When we study Lange text books using good notes navigation is a bit difficult eg we should have the go to previous page option other wise we have a tough time going back and forth between pages. Abo book marks can be made of more than one colour so that book marked pages can be categorized.

Lastly the long press option to highlight or underline in readonly mode is highly desirable but has been taken of in the updates

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The auto advance in the zoom tool helps writing on the left to right. It’s essential to add auto advance from right to left for more languages.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. There are latex keyboards i am using to insert equations as images,

but,

it is time consuming, and all the equations i just wrote on time when in classroom cannot be converted once this guys are on my notes....

what about ocr laze to convert those?

what about a new concept?, make your book from your notes... a beatifull and nice book...

take your notes just in time and then convert it to a book... a pdf to share with your pals without showing your/my awfull hand writting style...

lets call it autoedition.... do you remember that when PCs rised…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Changing color of written or typed notes with lasso tool.
    For example if you color code your notes and accidentally write a paragraph in the wrong color, you can change the color of everything that is encircled in the lasso.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I would like to be able to change the angle at the end of a curved line and not just the position of the end point. I used to have a similar tool in Adobe Illustrator. I find myself often wishing for something similar in GoodNotes. I would be able to draw a wider range of curves and I do not think it would be so difficult to implement. In addition to the small square icon that one can reposition, I would add a kind of thin line (directed like the tangent of the curve at the "square" point with,…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be nice to have a distraction free reading mode with 2 pages view in landscape screen position. This will be much more convenient to read my notes just like in real notebook where you see 2 pages at the same time.
    Current ability for viewing in split screen doesn't solve this problem, it is not very convenient to sync scroll of 2 independent windows with app to read my notes.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When I read, the large amount of text on the page made it inconvenient for me to add annotations and notes, especially when I needed to quote passages from other works and had no space. Adding blank pages at the bottom of the page makes turning pages difficult and text cannot be joined.
    If a new feature could be added to add blank pages to the left and right of the page, capped at two pages, that would work even better and I would not want to use another notes app.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Can you try to make the highlighter tool also draw shapes with fill colors?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Much like words or google docs, when you select text type to Heading 1,2,3. Outlines will automatically add the Heading to Outline page(like in the picture).

This would be version useful and saves times when taking notes. still keep the "Add to Outline" button.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When opening the page grid view, and clicking on the outline section (as opposed to thumbnails section), it would be awesome if the outline section would automatically scroll down (and highlight/bolden) the outline that is closest to (but before or on) the current page the user is editing/looking at in the documents view page. Currently, every time the outline section of the page grid view is selected, the list shows the very top of the outline list, and the user has to scroll down to outlines that are relevant to the current page, as opposed to the outline section automatically…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Yes, this feature is long time missing. So many times the developers have been informed about this. There should be an option to edit in book view. It would be so convenient for students like us to read and write the content like a book than a single page taking a whole lot of space on the screen

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. For every page we make, we can develop an index as in a chapter with multiple file names, like feature of adobe PDF, easy to scroll & find.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. In previous version my battery was draining and fetching heating issue while using GoodNotes. Then I got updated version telling that it will be resolved. But for me it hasn’t been resolved yet.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add Kannada Language for searching

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add Sanskrit language for searching.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I hope when I switch to the other pages, the state of the pencil of my previous page is changeless. For example, the color of the pencil of my previous page is red. When I use other pages, I change the color of the pencil as blue. I hope when I switch to my previous page, the color of the pencil is still red instead of blue. Others tools like eraser and highlight are in way.Thank you!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add an option to show starred folders at the top.
    Use case: I have a folder for every class at university in the root folder and star classes that I attend at the current semester.
    Having a single sub-folder for every semester is not an option for me, because some classes span multiple semesters and often I need quick access to old classes and dont want to click every sub-folder to search for the correct folder.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I love reading and studying on goodnotes but the only downside is while reading is immersive thanks to full screen. Writing introduces an unnecessary number of button clicks to start writing, and distracts from the material

If there was a Focus Mode, which was full screen and only allowed writing in one stroke type and erasing using the Apple Pencil. That would drastically improve my focus and ability to study.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?