Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

591 results found

1. 1,175 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Good Notes needs a universal search option, so that from the main screen, we can search for note titles, folder names, page bookmark and text (typed or written with OCR). Otherwise, it is nearly impossible to find notes back.

1,037 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It would be good to be able to customise the toolbar since I’m sure there are features that some of us don’t use and could use the space for something else.

• Toggle which icons appear in the toolbar. Personally I never use and will probably never use the in-app camera and presentation mode. It would be great if there was an option to just turn those off.
    • Allow the option to have more colour and pen size presets. 3 isn’t enough!
    • When the zoom window toolbar finally returns, it would be great to have the same level of customisation.
    1,022 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  50 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I'd love to be able to have sub folders and be able to add tags to my documents to make it easier to sort them

873 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Would be great having a feature that allows you to write stuff with a stylus pen or finger and then, if wanted, convert it to text.

790 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  36 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I love using the lasso tool to move my handwriting around on the page. I also use the vertical scrolling feature to write my notes, but when I want to move text from one page to the next within the lasso tool, I can’t just drag it on. I have to copy/paste to the next page then cut or erase the text from the previous page. It’s a small thing, but a change that would improve work flow.

754 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  33 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I love that I can search my handwritten notes! The rub is that sometimes something I'm searching for, spans multiple notebooks. It would be wonderful to be able to search all of the netbooks for the currently selected category!

655 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  43 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I need access on my mac...!

591 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. sometiomes I use the ruled paper and wanna type on it,but the textbox seems not precisely fits the line spacing of the paper , i hope I can directly type on the paper lines ,not type in a textbox. Thanks!

586 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  15 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Simulaneously share notebooks for use through the web with other users.

Talkboard is a free app by Citrix that allows for sharing of a white board with multiple users. The writing features are in general, the same as good notes.

If notebooks could support features to share with other users simultaneously, even select notebooks, then I would be able to use good notes as a collaboration tool on top of it being a note taking tool.

516 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re happy to announce the release of our new update GoodNotes 5.5 including “Shared Documents”. You can now share a document with other GoodNotes users and work together on them. You can read everything about the first version of shared documents here: https://medium.goodnotes.com/link-sharing-share-documents-adb36f99c583

Details on how to use the new features and FAQ are available here: https://support.goodnotes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001571256-Sharing-a-document-with-other-users-to-collaborate-on-it

11. Add/integrate the SDK from Adonit for the new Jot Script just announced. This stylus has a 1.9mm tip and is suppose to produce the best experience for note-taking. Just make sure you can disable pinch-zoom while writing to prevent any unwanted issues while writing (maybe have manual buttons for zooming in the menu bar when connected to the stylus?)

497 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  34 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 489 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  64 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. you can do that on the pc (-> pdf xchange viewer) or on mac (spotlight search): if you enter a keyword it gives you a list of every page your word appears on, which is an incredible feature for learning with e.g. your universties pdfs.

goodnotes offers you the chance to look for a word within ONE pdf file, but there's no global search engine - which I believe is a feature a lot of people would appreciate!!
    (no other ipad app has this, so be the first ;) )

468 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  57 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Create more templates that are quick and easy to edit and change. Make a template management system or folder.

Make templates for Work, School, Business, Time Mgmt, Expenses, Budgets etc.

459 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It would be nice to have different pen options, like a pencil and maybe a calligraphy pen. I would gladly pay for them as an in app purchase.

445 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 427 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Even though we have some category options, they are limited and the ui is not the best. Implementation of a folder hierarchy structure with a better ui (may be with tags/labels) will make managing notebooks much more easier. Lack of hierarchy on folder management is the biggest problem&missing feature of all note taking apps which are currently available and this difference will surely make GoodNotes the preferred one over other competitors.

394 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  21 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Using the Apple pencil is really cool, but I find that undoing and redoing is really annoying using the toolbar at the top. Having a feature like in Procreate to undo with a 2 finder tap and redo with a 3 finger tap would make taking notes much more fluid.

393 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. There are some tools I dont use and interrupt my experience while using the app. It would be nice to be able to remove those tools, or even rearrange them!

391 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  22 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Fixing slow or never ending iCloud Upload. Just a few notes from me get synced to other devices. The most notes are never synced and just get tagged with the Upload arrow.

357 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

We’re happy to announce that we have finally found a fix for the issues with iCloud. Apple’s engineers confirmed that there was a bug with the GoodNotes folder in their own system.

After updating to version 4.11.11, which is available as an update on the App Store, you should be able to quickly sync all your changes and notebooks across all of your devices again.

We want to take the chance to say sorry again to everyone that was affected by the problems. Thank you so much for staying with us during these hard times!
    In case you should experience any trouble with iCloud after updating to the latest version, please contact our support.

• Don't see your idea?