Skip to content

Improve Goodnotes for Android, Windows, Web

Please take a moment to

• use the search field to check if your idea was already submitted.
  • create a new submission, If your idea is not listed, with a descriptive title(20 words or less) and provide details in the description field.
  • share the reasoning and context behind your feature requests to aid understanding.

We appreciate your input and will read each and every idea, suggestion, and feature request.

If something is not working as expected or you need help, please visit our help center

We do not offer customer support in the feedback forum.

Improve Goodnotes for Android, Windows, Web

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1983 results found

1. 3,219 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. 2,431 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. It would be good if the app allowed working on notebooks even without an internet connection.

2,216 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. If edited on windows version notebook, the changes available also on iOS version.

1,765 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Being able to create tables like with word, google docs or most other word processing apps out there. You should be able to choose the number of rows and columns you have.

1,378 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. so ive tried it out and my convertible laptop is dying inside. it doesnt write smoothly and everything needs 3 seconds to render. my laptop is doing fine so i dont understand why its so laggy and why is it an edge based app... i think a normal app will improve it so well since basic tools are missing like photos and stickers and even writing text! 🥺 there is so much stuff thats missing even if its a beta version! youre doing great but its the minimum we can ask for

1,172 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. You should be able to convert your handwriting to math like with Notability. When you write a note and hit convert, a math option should come up so you can simply convert your handwriting into proper typed math symbols.

1,114 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. In the Windows Web version, there is no option to Search and Find Handwritten text, unlike in Ipad. Looking forward to this update.

1,099 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It would be good if we could select handwriting and convert it to text similar to the iPad app.

1,023 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please add this, its so important for any student or anyone else who has to take notes while in meetings or lectures. It should work like in Notability. You should be able to press a record button create an audio recording where you can click on a section that you wrote or typed and it will skip to the part of the recording that it's in.

912 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I would like to have the zoom tool that creates a square that zoom in and allows you to write in this zoomed section (like the one that exist in the iOS app).

662 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Using stamps/emojis would be nice, along with having an option to use dot points to make note taking easier. A ruler would be a must have for myself as I like to structure my page a certain way when studying. Maybe adding a stabiliser tool to make lines stiffer when writing.

478 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  13. Im using OneDrive for most of my Study-Backups and have already set it up on all my devices. I would love to use it aswell to backup all my notes with OneDrive.

466 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Making GoodNotes for Windows a Web app by simply dumping it through Swift to WASM immediately makes the app use significantly more resources and hinders the overall experience and battery life, causing pen inputs to have a significant delay and require online connectivity, etc. This kind of experience is NOT what you would want your users on an ipad to use, so why Windows?

Like you did for iOS, please make GoodNotes for Windows a native Windows App instead of a PWA. This mess is NOT the path your team should be going down.

401 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I'd like to be able to tap a link in a note and be redirected to a different note or webpage.

307 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It would be great if you could change the pen type and the color you wrote in afterwards. This makes it easier to adjust so that a document is clearer, or so that you can read it better when you print it out.

286 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

considering  ·  7 comments  ·  Admin →
  17. These are my ideas after a quick use of good notes (Lots of desired improvements but great start)
    1) Use a slide as a way to choose the size of the pen/eraser, or at least add 2 more sizes to choose between
    2) Delete comments
    3) Use your fingers to move or resize lassoed notes
    4) Use the keyboard to type notes
    5) Shapes and Coordinate Axes
    6) Ink to Shape and Ink to Math
    7) Look up handwriting to find documents
    8) Insert PDFs, documents, or images to write on
    9) Record audio from class
    10) Better exporting i.e…

268 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  18. I am honestly surprised that many features from the ios was not implemented into this android beta version.

There is soo much talk all over the digital planning community of how goodnotes is soo great yet it is not much compared to androids penly or samsung notes.

Missing features in android

-file import
    -hyperlink capability
    -pen case capability
    -color picking and opacity
    -shapes with fill in availability
    -image or sticker organization and import
    -custom fonts for text
    -Notes and settings cloud synchronization

The list goes on and on what on earth happened? The apple version seems to have everything I…

213 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hi, please do make the eraser can be automatically switched to when we hold the button on spen. This is a great function in samsung tablet where samsung notes, one note, noteshelf also embedded this function too. It will very convenient for samsung user.
    Thanks!

170 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  20. When I'm writing on my convertible laptop with a pen I can't change the setting of the pressure. I would like to have the option to disable it so all of my letters would be the same thickness.

141 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 99 100
  • Don't see your idea?