Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

6978 results found

1. Leider vermisse ich die Funktion, dass man einzelne Notizbücher mit einem Passwort oder ähnlichem schützen kann.
    Oder, für mehrere Benutzer entsprechende Passagen Passwort schützen. Für diesen Preis sollte es möglich sein. Des weiteren vermisse ich noch eine Terminierungsfunktion. Dies ist gerade für die Zusammenarbeit mit mehreren Personen sehr wichtig, um Folgeabläufe steuern zu können. Ein direktes umwandeln von Handschriften in Maschinenschrift wäre auch noch sehr von Vorteil. Leider reagiert hier der Support nicht!
    ————————————————————
    Unfortunately, I miss the function that you can protect individual notebooks with a password or something similar. Or, for multiple users corresponding passages password protect. For…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 教えてほしいです。

MacBook pro (2020.M1)でgoodnote5を使っているのですが、Safariで共有から「goodnoteを開く」が表示されないのですが、表示されない仕様なのでしょうか?アプリはアップデートしています。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When collaborating on documents, sometimes it may be necessary to make a copy to make individual annotations. However, making a copy will not keep other annotations up-to-date/synced with the master/main copy. Thus, a feature allowing users to “fork” a document and keep it synced while adding their own edits in their forked document would be useful. This is important and especially essential for educational settings where a teacher or project leader may wish to distribute a template version for individuals to edit, but keep annotations or edits updates on all copies.

A further extension to this would be the ability…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. For small businesses, it is important to keep your intellectual properties to yourself.
    We spend countless hours creating spreads, and I want to restrict some parts of it so that the spreads cannot be manipulated but users can still write on the pdf and add pages. Sort of like flattening the spreads as a background image with links instead of shapes that can be extracted.
    However, when i restrict editing with a password in adobe reader, I have to type in the password before I can open the document in goodnotes. Is it possible to import the pdfs as a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Dears,

I am a really satisfied user of GoodNotes5, but I really think that the app would be so much better if you allow the customers to create their personalized subsections of any file they are reading. As of today it is only possible to create Sections in the table of contents but there is no way to create Subsections which would allow users to navigate in a more structured way through their notes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I often prefer using the undo feature over switching to the eraser tool and requiring two taps per undo often makes it feel like I have to play a button-mashing Mario party mini game just to delete the last word I wrote.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. For note taking I usually use black, red, blue, and one other color. It's difficult to keep up with a professor with change one of the colors to the other. So I wish there was another color selection in the toolbar. Also, the option for more toolbar customization would be nice. I don't use some of the features all the time, so being able to hide them would be nice

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Would like to be able to use either a Bluetooth or USB (via adapter/receiver) presentation remote to advance slides in GoodNotes. Sometimes there are parts of the presentation that do not require annotation and it would be nice for instructors to be able to put the device down for a sec and still be able to advance pages/slides.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I really like the Ultimate Study Planner, though I haven't used it, as I really can't work with the Sunday-Monday-Tuesday-...-Saturday format. Any chance that you can adapt this planner (and maybe also others that include this format of weekdays) for those who use Monday-Tuesday-...-Saturday-Sunday format?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. While we open a goodnotes shared link in browser tab (web), currently we have a plain title as "Goodnotes" for all the urls.

It would be great if we set title as document name.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. As today we have only 03 colors & three pencils options to switch between. There’s space to at least the double of each in the toolbar.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. This is such an important feature to support many other languages!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I'd love to see an option to add more than 3 pen colors as "quick-access". I often use up to six colors and it is quite displeasing that I have to switch them around so much. I added a screenshot to clarify what I mean by "quick-access".

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. For schematic design and board layout. Don’t mind even has to pay.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make a text option on the Windows app to enable users to type apart from take hand-written notes

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Page Turner doesn't work when using iPad Pro 12.9 3rd Generation 4th Generation.

I heard that it sometimes works on iPad Pro 11 inch, iPad Pro 12.9 inch 5th generation M1, but it doesn't work on iPad Pro 12.9 inch 3rd generation 4th generation. I thought it might be a compatibility problem with the page turner, so I tested 4 units for each different type of page turner, but it doesn't work. A typical example is that it does not work with iRig Blue Turn products.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. importiertes Bild Bearbeiten,
    es wäre cool, wenn man importiere Bilder noch minimal bearbeiten könnte, also Helligkeit, Kontrast, Trasparenz und Sättigung

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I am autistic and have ADHD and I use Speechify to read out loud any documents that I read. I am studying an engineering degree and use GoodNotes for all my work. I would love if you could somehow include a Speechify extension in GoodNotes so I don’t have to use two devices.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability to create outlines of documents like books , using AI rather than manually creating every single outline for easy accessibility of the subtopics or chapters within a document.

Also the ability to copy and paste outlines from one document to another should be there.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Currently when I search a keyword, it will show the search features of both my handwritten keywords + the typed keywords. But I want to search keywords quickly without showing the handwritten contents. In another words I can add some typed label for some sections header for clearer structure.

Can the search function allow the options to search ONLY typed words?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?