Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7139 results found

1. when typing some things in our notes, the font looks like our writing by apple pencil.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. to import ppt or PowerPoint file to The goodnote, we need to convert it to PDF then import them, for ease of use, it's good to import it directly and good note convert it to pdf automatically.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add a feature, so that the pen size stays the same pixel amount, no matter how much the user zooms in, similar to how the rubber always looks like the same size.
    I am so confused not to have found a lot of this request before, since i really get annoyed of not having this function.
    Whenever i zoom in, in order to write something in a smaller space, i would really appreciate not having to change the pen width/size manually.

Besides that i really like your App :)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. iCloud is NOT end-to-end encrypted. Therefore storing sensitive data on iCloud is a bad idea.

GoodNotes should support storing its document database on Sync.com. Sync.com is very similar to Dropbox. It's easy to use, has good Mac integration, as well as apps for iOS and iPadOS. And it's 100% PRIVATE, unlike Dropbox, iCloud, etc.

Please support Sync.com. Many users want the kind of privacy that only end-to-end encrypted storage allows. I'd love to have access to the medical records, receipts, etc. that I keep as PDFs. But I will not import such information into GoodNotes until end-to-end encrypted storage is…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 目前使用的mac端goodnote存在严重的掉帧问题,尤其是在放大缩小页面,以及垂直滚动时,只有过降低app分辨率来缓解,但依旧卡顿

无论是ipad还是mac,使用触控板双指上下滑动页面时,无法停顿(打断滑动),其他app在页面滑动过程中若再次将双指放到触控板上,滑动便会被打断。goodnote无法做到这点,这导致需要大量翻页时十分难受。

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please fix “keyboard shorcuts” while in text mode. Goodnotes for some weird reason only makes you select a letter to switch between tools instead of “ command and the letter. So when trying to type on a external keyboard i cant type a P,E,H,S,L,I,C,or T with out it completely switching tools and existing out of typing mode. I feel like this is pretty big oversite and is unfortunately the only reason i have to us notability over good notes when typing at times. I can understand if this is a mac feature but as far as an ipad goes its…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. For example, I want to see how a sorting algorithm works but it’s hard to see the steps by making a bunch of graphs. So being able to make a small animation will help visualize how something works without having to create a bunch of pages

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When we left-handed people (and i guess it’s the same problem for right-handed people at the right side of the page) write on goodnotes , we cannot rest the left hand on the screen of the ipad while writing when beginning a sentence, because the paper cannot be moved around. So our hand is always partly on the edge of the ipad partly on the table.

So if it was possible to pull and push the paper around on the ipad as we want, we could calmly rest our left hand on the screen when writing. To understand what i…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Kindle and Pdf Expert both have sepia modes for reading pdf/texts. These make a big difference in terms of eye comfort. I'm avoiding using GoodNotes because it lacks this feature.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. We can currently choose between dark, yellow and white paper. So i would suggest adding complete black paper as a new alternative, to minimize the strain in the eyes when studying long hours but also to have more aesthetically more pleasing plain black paper as a choice.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We need the option of sending back a diagram or bring text to the front, because when drafting and stuff, its a bit disappointing having to erase or re-do stuff in order for it to fit hierarchy when working

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 希望可以出横屏双页模式,这样方便在横屏的时候阅读书籍

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Right now we have presets for pens and highlighters but not text. Even though you can select the text and recolor it with your existing presets. I also wish there was a way to import color presets and or color pick.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. In comparison to Safari there is always this bug, that when i import a pdf-document from the chrome browser, it often won’t be the usual size, but it is too small. Can be seen in the picture.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. As example, we could have the option to open a pdf inside the notebook, making easier make slices from the book to notebook (no need to save in the gallery or copy the image, just select and slide). Thais way, when the image copied get clicked at the notebook, the book reopen in the same page (they keep linked). Just Like a referenced cell.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. In order to see details of pictures in a flash card, would like a feature to select the image and have it pop-out into a zoomable window to review details.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. After updating the feature for editing stickers is gone. It used to be able to lengthen/ widen the stickers given, now I can only enlarge the whole thing and it does not fit with my notes from time to time.
    there's also issues with the element function, sometimes after deleting one and adding another the previous one would pop up and I cant select to delete it again :/.
    It would be good to have a library of stickers or list of our stickers so we can add in or remove them by group. Able to change the colours of…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I think that needs to be an essential part of the app, the current eraser eliminates more than its surface area, which makes it extremely annoying.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When I try to activate the option "Get shareable link" an error pops up very often saying that the Goodnotes server is too busy, and asks me to retry in a few seconds or minutes. Recently, this error pops up more frequently than before. Can you improve the server that is offering this service please?

The ability to collaboratively edit a document is very useful, but this problem makes it difficult to exploit it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Like we are pinning a flash card to a book and we can write on the flash card while we study on the same page, then we can hide the flash card if needed. And whenever needed we can open that flash card by touching at that specific site.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?