Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

6978 results found

1. Can you put in image scaling for covers? Not the import image function, it's when importing Covers via the Notebook Templates Section.

Example, I find a free image I like, and download it, but when opening, find that it's square in shape. If I import this to the covers section, it retains it's square shape, and still, when selecting it for a cover image, it converts the size of the page to square to fit it's size.

What would be great is to be able to import a certain image, and convert it to the NOTEBOOK page size. For example,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Images and screenshots should also be read for text. Screenshots are often taken of slides and put into notes- but all of this information is excluded when searching words.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When one page Dosent have enough space and I want to link smtg like an example question on a later page, I want to add a link to the question which switches the user to the first page where there wasn’t enough space

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When you select a paper template of any size e.g. A4, letter, etc. by default have the paper fill the screen width so it's not necessary to expand it. I can double-tap the paper template and it fits screen size but having it fit without double-tap would save so much time when you change from portrait to landscape and back again. Thanks. PS Notability has this feature.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. In some pdf, the words are well formatted. Therefore, I thought it would be much easier for us to use mouse cursor or trackpad to select the word for copy and paste or translation.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be great if there was a mode wherein all the text that you highlight (using a specific tool designated for this mode), would be hidden (the text disappears but you see a blank line in its place). When you click on the blank line again, the word will reappear (then clicking another time will make the word disappear) -- basically it's becomes a mini flash card/ fill in the blank option!

Also, this would only apply when you turn the mode on. Once its turned off the file is back to normal/original form and you won't see which…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. As a pyhsics student I quite often have to write integral and sum signs and in fact I love the function on the iPad that you can hold down the pen after drawing a shape and it draws it nicely for you. Maybe you could integrate some more shapes such as the ones mentiones above :)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The largest highlighter option isn’t big enough and it would be nice to have an option that is double the size.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. after I have quickly noted and scribbled something I would like to order some stuff afterwards, sort and make it more readable. For example, write headings thicker. Currently I have to erase what I wrote, choose a thicker pen and write again. It would be cool to be able to change the width of the lines afterwards.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. An idea would be to have a category called Coloring, Self-color, or Animate where we can insert an image and it colors the image and fills it in for us and can also recognize the colors in the image as well.It would be especially helpful for coloring in diagrams and pictures for school subjects such as anatomy for example, so we don’t have to take so much time coloring it in ourselves and it would be a lifesaver for all of us.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make text selection function like updates Apple Notes wherein if you click and hold and then drag you can select a whole block of text, the way you can on a desktop. Currently if you click & hold it selects a single word, and then when you drag the selection it moves the selection box to another word. Instead it should expand the selection box to highlight more text. Pretty simple but would be very helpful for me.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The tools bar takes too much space. I think it will be better if I can hind the bar which I circled in red.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I use GoodNotes 4 on my iPad mini 4 and love it. GoodNotes 5 however has this HUGE toolbar that gets even taller when there are open tabs, wasting a lot of my valuable screen-space. It takes up a solid inch of my 6.25 inch display. If it could collapse or otherwise be made closer to the height of the GoodNotes 4 bar (~5/8 in) it would remove one of my major blockers of adopting GoodNotes 5

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. A simple button in the menu area to directs the user to the open documents instead of open any document just to open the previously opened docs.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. A simple button in the menu area to directs the user to the open documents instead of open any document just to open the previously opened docs.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I like the non-linear note taking that an infinite canvas allows. Especially when doing a pdf paper review over zoom, it is useful to be able to break out to the side of the pdf page and draw illustrations of various points for discussion. When not presenting it can still be useful when note-taking to be able to add notes along side relevant pages/equations in a PDF. Otherwise you end up adding notes in pdfs just as you would in the paper version - constrained to small margin areas or writing over the text, instead of being able to write…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It's been a long time since we've gotten any striking new features (the last one was the addition hold to snap shapes)
    It would be amazing if good notes had a dedicated web page where users could see features that developers are working on.

Some of the most wanted features I've seen are:

1) More colors in the tab bar

2) Adding colors to the tab bar that appears while using the zoom tool

3) Vertical split zoom tool while using iPad in landscape mode instead of a landscape split zoom while iPad is in landscape mode

4) Zoom in/…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The ability to link a GoodNote to Slack, Evernote, Things etc. Make GoodNote an embedded tool connected to the leading productivity apps ! And of course, the ability to quickly jump between connected notes in different folders/books.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When trying to create any sort of graph, the axes need to have graduations at regular intervals. Instead of trying to approximate by hand, there could be an option after the line is selected, to divide it into any number of intervals.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?