Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

If you're a business user, instead see the Goodnotes for Business/Enterprise forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

8083 results found

1. Add a way to swap white text with black text when exporting a dark background notebook. That way it can be printed.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It would be nice to be able to lock a text box in place since sometimes drawings items are referenced to the box items

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I am using goodnotes 5 in an iPad pro 11 inch in a split screen mode, with the lecture slides on the other half of the scree, doing so will optimize the tool bar and i cannot be using the preset three pen colors without directly. I either have to reduce my slides to less than half of the screen which not ideal, or clicking on the pen options to select a different color, which does take sometime. Is there an option where i can edit the items in the toolbar, to select what is used frequently (pen, highlighter, eraser)…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I wish I had the ability to select a line and change just the thickness of the line (just like you can color). I often draw things and realize the object it too big or small. When I change the size of what I drew, it changes the thickness as well. I'll often misjudge how something looks and not realize the lines are all too narrow or too thick. This would allow me to select them and change them to a new thickness (much like you can color) without changing the size of the object.

Several years ago, there were…

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The handwriting experience in GoodNotes is now perfect but texting is not. I suggest that users can select an area of the page and use markdown language (or Latex for academic purposes)to organize formal notes, including mathematical functions. Such feature would be even better if one day we can see a macOS GoodNotes app, cause handwriting is not the primary way we interact with laptop.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Since ios 13 the notes app with apple pencil has less latency, going to goodnotes again seems so slow in comparison

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Apple Pencil latency is also down to 9ms in GoodNotes. However, GoodNotes doesn’t use “stroke prediction” which will make the line look “slower” than in Apple Notes when drawing longer lines quickly. It won’t affect the usual writing experience. Do you notice a higher latency when you’re writing as well?

8. the text boxes system is outdated, unconfortable and breaks the "note-taking flow". Add tap & type as, for example, notability, or a similar function.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Automatically created datestamp in filename during Export

I love to work with GN5 at school as a teacher every day - I can't imagine working without it. Therefore I export the actual content every day to upload it into the cloud and it would be helpful, if I could check a checkbox, that would add the date of the day after the export-filename.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Organization- That's the point where people sometimes prefer notability over good-notes. Saved file in folder like windows is a very old idea. It's so hard to get the note when It is necessary. Please try to make this feature as it is in notability.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. In GoodNotes 4, before the ios print dialogue, there was an option to "fit to page" when printing (And also one to remove backgrounds before printing). In GoodNotes 5, those options are gone, which means that my printer (who can't print the outer 3mm of a page, as do most printers) always cuts off just a little bit of the page. This is a huge problem with tight maths pages, where the last bits of formulas/text are cut-off, see PDF attached.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I have an iPad Pro, there's lots more space in my toolbar for more than 3 "circles"/swatches to quickly select colors. If I could remove icons I never use (such as Detail view, image and presenter mode), there would be even more space. Right now, I'm always using 7-8 colors simulaneously, having to switch constanly is rather annoying.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I am unable to change the default font. I have a particular font and size preference (19 point Helvetica) but every time I copy-paste text, it automatically goes to 28 points Apple Color Emoji. This could be fixed with a customizable default font and size feature. Also -- when I change the font first, then the size second, the font annoyingly reverts back to Apple Color Emoji again. Somehow changing the font size makes the text revert again back to the undesired default font. It would be a fantastic time-saver if this were fixed.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Turning pages is really slow/difficult since the function overlaps with moving around the document, and you have to drag your finger a lot to turn a page. I’d like a way to do this much easier, maybe a two finger flick.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. For teaching (math, biology), it would be great to improve the math geometry mode like this:

line types: dotted, dashed, solid for graphs etc.

building an circle / rectangle etc. by fixing the center / edges.
    (radius for example) and enable to draw curved lines in geometry mode.
    or at least just like notability put the edges of an rectangle in the right position

may be an interface to geogebra.

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When reaching the right side of the screen you are forced to cramp your wrist in order to write on the screen properly. This messes up palm rejection and makes it uncomfortable to write.

Apps like Procreate (I know the app serves a different purpose, but it's still a good feature) let you move the page you are working on to the side and it says there. In GoodNotes it's being auto-centerd which creates the before mentioned problems.

It would be great to have a toggle somewhere on the screen that lets you disable the auto-centering and when you want…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. it would be great to be able to rotate objects without changing size or scale. For example rotating text boxes or drawings, to keep the same size but get a different angle. Thanks!

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It would be nice if there were a way to index all highlights and make the highlights available where one finds Thumbnails / Favorites / Outlines a way to go quickly review and find.

It would be amazing if one could highlight in different colors and group those in the highlight index. Example: Yellow for remembering phrases, blue for additional research/follow-up, etc.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?