7559 results found
-
Set default font type and size for typing in sticky notes
I really appreciate that you can set a default font type and size for text boxes. It's really helped me streamline my notes when needed. I also really love the sticky note feature, but it's quite time consuming to change the font type and size when typing on sticky notes.
It would be amazing if a future update would give you the option of setting a default font type and size for typing in sticky notes! Thanks!
4 votes -
Long-press Apple Pencil to temporarily switch to eraser
I'd like to suggest a new feature for GoodNotes: when using Apple Pencil, long-pressing on the screen for a configurable duration (around 0.1–0.5s) would temporarily switch the tool to an eraser. The eraser would remain active until the pencil is lifted off the screen, after which it would automatically revert to the previous tool.
This would make erasing mistakes much faster and more convenient than double-tapping the pencil to toggle between pen and eraser, since it eliminates the back-and-forth switching and keeps the workflow smooth and uninterrupted.
Ideally, the long-press duration could be adjustable in settings to suit different users'…
2 votes -
Keyboard shortcut for PEN COLOR
Hi Goodnotes team,
I teach math and statistics over Zoom, using Goodnotes on Mac. While teaching, I switch pen colors constantly, for example to highlight a formula, mark a correction, or separate steps in a solution.
Right now, every time I want to change color, I have to move the pointer away from the page to the toolbar, pick the color, and only then go back to writing. It's very frustrating, and it breaks the flow of the lesson in front of students.
Request:
Let users define several pen colors (a preset palette) that are available directly in the toolbar.…
3 votes -
allow arrows without rounded corner/bend
Whenever I want to use the arrow tool to draw axes (two perpendicular segments drawn with one stroke), I use an arrow with arrowheads at both ends. The problem is that, no matter what I do the corner is rounded
Is it possible to allow the corner bend NOT to be rounded?
I actually do not know whether this is a bug or a feature request...
Thanks
2 votes -
Floatingbar
Please consider adding an option to switch between a fixed and floating toolbar. The floating toolbar is distracting during long study sessions and slows down workflow. A fixed toolbar was much more efficient and comfortable to use. Having both options would greatly improve the user experience.
3 votes -
Create a setting to bring back constant pen hover preview
Goodnotes used to always display a preview of the tool; however, now it only shows when you select a new one or move the pen away from hover distance and back.
3 votes -
Quick-add to Table of Contents from selected text ("Ghost Page")
When working in a long notebook (for example, 80+ pages in), adding a heading to the table of contents means leaving my place, scrolling back to page 1, writing the entry, and then scrolling all the way back. I'd like a faster way to do this.
Proposed feature:
I highlight a title or text segment (e.g., "Lecture 12 – Filters, p. 80").
A new option appears in the selection menu, such as "Send to Table of Contents."
A "ghost page" overlay appears showing the table of contents page, with a "Go to page…" field and left/right arrows to flip to…
3 votes -
Adjust default darkness/opacity of Pencil Tool for Apple Pencil (USB-C)
Hi Goodnotes team,
Currently, the Pencil tool in Goodnotes is extremely faint and barely visible when using the Apple Pencil (USB-C), making it practically unusable for daily note-taking.
Since the Apple Pencil (USB-C) lacks physical pressure sensitivity hardware, Goodnotes seems to default to the lowest pressure level (minimum opacity).
Could you please optimize the Pencil tool for styluses without pressure sensitivity? Specifically, please set the default stroke darkness to a standard, legible level (equivalent to normal/medium pressure) when pressure data is absent, or add an opacity slider so users can adjust the base darkness manually. This would greatly help users…
3 votes -
Make the app actually work again.
The app has become a giant buggy glitch, the basic functions weren’t that great to begin with but the app has become completely unusable.
2 votes -
Bolding handwriting
The new handwriting optimization tool is great. However it would be nice to have more options of handwriting as they all look the same and the option to bold it or change the width.
3 votes -
Barra tarefas estreita e cor personalizada
Seria ótimo se a barra de tarefas pudesse mudar de cor. O azul do Goodnotes cansa muito minha visão. A cor é muito escura e também seria bom se ela fosse mais estreita para que eu pudesse colocar outro caderno embaixo (no modo paisagem) e que não ocupasse tanto a tela com bordas de barra de ferramentas. Obrigada
1 vote -
Caderno transpartente
Gostaria de poder colocar meu caderno (ou folha favorita) sendo transparente por cima do outro estudo como o samsung notes faz.
1 vote -
Product Politics
Hello, I’ve been using GN for many years now. I keep my hardware as long as possible, and I’m increasingly finding that basic functions across my iPad and two MacBooks are no longer working. For instance, I can no longer exchange files in the Goodnotes format between my MacBook and iPad because the iPad version can no longer be updated. My iPad is running iOS 17, but the new GN version requires at least iOS 18. iCloud synchronization stopped working a long time ago. However, the fact that you can no longer even exchange the native Goodnotes file format is…
2 votes -
Improve Tape tool cursor for better precision
Currently, the mouse cursor for the Tape tool is a round circle. This makes it very difficult to see exactly where the tape starts and ends. Please change the cursor to a narrow vertical line or a standard mouse pointer instead. This would allow for much more precise taping.
3 votes -
Bring Back "command" + "+" for Zoom in and "Command" + "-" for Zoom out
Please bring back the 'Command +' and 'Command -' keyboard shortcuts for zooming in and out. I rely on mouse shortcuts for my workflow; without these, I am forced to use the trackpad, which significantly slows down my efficiency.
3 votes -
Moving lasso'd items between pages in the same doc
PLEASE make it to where we can move selected items across pages without having to copy and paste!!!!
12 votes -
Links to connect a word to a separate part of a whiteboard or page.
I think an option to link words in a definition to another part of the whiteboard it's in would be nice to see. Perhaps even connecting other pages and workbooks together, just to make studying easier when you forget a certain word's definition. I attached an image as example with an underlined word that would contain a link, in case my explanation wasnt clear
2 votes -
คณิตศาสตร์
สมมูล
1.p^(p-q)กับq^(pvq01 vote -
Bring back Document Text
I really loved the text document because it was similar to typing on Microsoft Word and more versatile for me to arrange my study texts. Please bring it back. The box is just too small and inconvenient.
1 vote -
Add more pen options -fountain pen
I would love to see a fountain pen added to Goodnotes, similar to the one available in the default iOS Notes app. It has a unique, smooth writing feel that would make handwriting more natural and enjoyable. I think having this option would give users more variety in their writing styles.
Please add a fountain pen similar to the one available in the default iOS Notes app!1 vote
- Don't see your idea?