Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes (Apple)

Welcome to the Goodnotes idea-sharing space!

This space is dedicated to users on Apple devices (iPad, Mac, iPhone). If you’re using Goodnotes on Android, Windows, or Web, please visit this link.

Tips to make your suggestion visible and bring your idea to life:

  • Search existing threads. Your idea might already be under discussion. If so, feel free to add your input or vote on it. More votes = more visibility.
  • Create a new thread if it’s new. If your suggestion is unique, start a new thread. Write a short, clear headline that quickly conveys your main idea, and include context and details in the description.
  • Separate multiple ideas. If you have several suggestions, split them into individual topics so we can review (and others can vote on) each one more effectively.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. To report bugs or get help, please contact our Customer Support.

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes (Apple)

Categories

  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

7559 results found

  1. I hope the alignment function can be improved—specifically, by adding two guide lines for more precise alignment, similar to presentation software—and by removing restrictions on where elements can be placed.

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  New features  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 파일을 읽어올 때 현재 위치로 읽어오도록 기능을 구현하거나, 읽어올 위치를 사전에 등록할 수 있게 해주세요. 이전 버전에 비슷한 기능이 있었는데, 새 버전에 구현이 안돼 있습니다. 현재는 문서를 하나 읽어올 때마다 상위 폴더에서 원하는 하위 폴더까지 찾아가야 하는 번거로움이 있습니다. 빨리 개선해 주세요.

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The universal selection tool, or maybe it’s the quick selection idek, is a constant battle for me. Every time I tap somewhere else while I’m writing, it selects whatever I just clicked on, which also moves me from the pen tool to the lasso tool. Which I also do constantly even out of habit to deselect something. And most of the time, I’m writing on an image, so when that gets selected it makes all my handwriting go behind it.

    I’m glad we got the lock image tool, but why doesn’t that prevent the image from being selected in the…

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Toolbar & Tools  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Subject: "Mirror Presenter Page" shows wrong area when Goodnotes is in Split View

    Hello Goodnotes team,

    I mirror my iPad to an Apple TV via AirPlay and use "Mirror Presenter Page". When Goodnotes runs in Split View, the Apple TV does not show the same area that I see in the Goodnotes window on my iPad. It behaves as if the Goodnotes window were not in Split View, so the page and zoom on the TV are cut off or shifted.

    According to your help article, this mode should show the current page and zoom and only hide the other…

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. In Nursing school, we take a lot of notes. I'm sure other subjects else too. But I wish I didn't have to scroll through dozens of pages to find something. I wish I was able to add a little tab on the side, color code it and name it. I know you can "flag" It but it's not very helpful because I have to open the side and then try to find the one page I flagged.
    For example. If I download a book - I have to scroll through all the pages to look for the chapters. If the…

    4 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I love Goodnotes so much that I don't just feel like a customer anymore, I truly feel like a part of the family. You guys cook up the absolute best note-taking experience, and I'm always cheering for our "shop."
    The other day, I happened to step into another app called "Freenotes." Honestly, they aren't nearly as good as us, but they do have one simple, incredibly sensible quality that made me stop and think. It really pointed out a missing ingredient in our own recipe: a page "expansion" feature.
    In Freenotes, when you run out of room, you can seamlessly…

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  New features  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please add danish as a language in Goodnotes !🙏

    233 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When I enable Read-Only Mode, a small down-arrow button appears at the top-left corner of the page (as shown in the attached screenshot).
    I understand that this is a navigation/UI control, but while reading or revising my notes, this button becomes a visual distraction.

    More importantly, the button overlaps with the content of my notes. As a result, some parts of my notes underneath or near the button are partially hidden and are not clearly visible. This becomes particularly inconvenient when I am trying to read or revise the notes.

    Could you please consider adding an option in Settings to…

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I remembered that Thai can use lasso tool to covert Thai handwriting into text in Goodnotes 5 but I find that after upgraded to Goodnotes 6 I can't use this function anymore. So please bring it back

    Thak you

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Feature Idea: Quick Page Linking & Navigation

    I would love to see an easier way to link one page in a Goodnotes notebook to another page.

    Currently, if I want to link to a specific page—especially in a large notebook with hundreds of pages—it can be difficult and time-consuming to find the exact page I want.

    My idea: Add an additional drop-down menu or page-selection box when creating a link. Instead of having to scroll through hundreds of pages to find the destination page, the user could simply:

    1. Select “Link to Page.”
    2. Open a drop-down/search box.
    3. Type the page number,…
    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Diverse Question Formats: Teachers can design drop-down menus, multiple-choice options, drag-and-drop elements, and spoken-response fields. 



    Instant Formative Feedback: Students receive automated, real-time grading, and teachers get instant performance metrics to diagnose learning gaps immediately.

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  New features  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I really like the whiteboard feature as it enables others and me to collaborate cross-platform on the same infinite canvas like on Freeform, where only Apple users can collaborate.

    But I miss the background options you get with ordinary.

    I also miss scenes from Freeform, which can serve as keynote slides, table of contents and a general outline of the whole mind-map.

    For me as a math and it student, this would be much appreciated.

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Goodnotes AI – Get Answers Using External AI Provider APIs

    Goodnotes currently has its own AI model, but I was wondering if it would be possible to also receive answers using AI APIs from external providers instead of being limited to the Goodnotes AI model.

    I previously suggested something similar, but I found a better example that demonstrates what I mean.

    Goodnotes AI

    • Goodnotes AI is included depending on the user's Goodnotes subscription plan.
    • In addition to the Goodnotes model, users can also use models such as GPT, Gemini, Claude, and others.

    Let users connect the AI services they already

    …
    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hello! i know the whiteboard already exists, but i feel they are quite limited in file size, as well as can get overwhelming for certain purposes. i think it would be great to ADDITIONALLY have an infinite scrolling note, but not infinite sideways, only downwards. This is a great in between for many purposes, and it is quite similar to a common format found throughout many apps such as apple notes, upnote, etc... having a goodnotes version of this would definitely be amazing!
    of course one thing to keep in mind is to add the ability to lasso "under a…

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Being able to select multiple text boxes and change their font, size, or colour all at once.
    = Streamline formatting and save time
    Especially when working with longer documents or needing to make quick adjustments after a lecture.

    When sharing my notes with friends, they may not like my font, so if i could just multi select and change it in seconds, it would be so useful!

    Please please add this feature!

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  New features  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Being able to draw an arrow figure while in pen mode and have it turn into an arrow when you hold.

    2 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I want Goodnotes to let me permanently zoom the page/canvas out to a much smaller percentage (like 20%) and keep it at that zoom level, like Noteful does. With the ability to zoom it back to 100%.

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  New features  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Implement Dual-Page and Quad-Page View Modes in GoodNotes(like the following fig)
    Dear GoodNotes Development Team,
    I am a dedicated user of GoodNotes and would like to express my appreciation for the excellent note-taking and PDF annotation features your app offers. As someone who heavily relies on GoodNotes for academic research, document organization, and creative projects, I have found the app to be indispensable. However, I would like to suggest a new feature that I believe could significantly enhance the app’s flexibility and productivity: the ability to display two-page or four-page views simultaneously.

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I and lots of my friends in Thailand use Goodnotes, it's an app that everybody that takes notes whether in school, work, or anywhere here will use or at least know what it is. If you could add Thai as a language in spellchecks, it will help us Thais a lot. Thank you for your consideration.

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  New languages  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please add an option where you can toggle off the right click short cut. When I am highlighting for project it keeps popping up as I drag to highlight

    1 vote

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Toolbar & Tools  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?