7559 results found
-
GoodNotes does not support the Portuguese Hibro (Israel) language
GoodNotes does not support the Portuguese Hibro (Israel) language
2 votes -
Revert shape tool to Goodnotes 6 Version
Ever since the new update to Goodnotes 7, the shape tool is a lot less flexible and very strict and jerky when drawing shapes, and is very frustrating to work with. The previous version was much more user friendly and I have no idea why anyone thought messing with something that was working just fine was a good idea. Please change it back to the previous version or at least provide a toggle so we can choose which version we want to use instead of forcing this downgrade on everyone. Thanks!
16 votes -
Add Opacity Control to Pen Tools
I would like to suggest adding an opacity control (0–100%) to pen tools such as the fountain pen, ballpoint pen, brush pen, pencil, highlighter, and tape pen.
This feature would allow for greater flexibility and precision in note-taking, highlighting, and creative work.
10 votes -
[Audio Recording] Fix issue where audio stops or disappears in split-screen mode
When using GoodNotes in split-screen mode, I record audio on one side so I can listen to it later, while studying for a test on the other side. However, if I close the screen I’m studying on, the recording disappears. The same thing happens when I try to open a different document on the study side — the recording stops and disappears.
This feature worked fine before the update and also in GoodNotes 5, so I really want this issue fixed immediately. It’s seriously affecting my test preparation, and I’m having a lot of trouble because of it. Please fix…
13 votes -
handwriting mindmap
Handwriting mindmap is soooo needed! there are few apps can do this, but if it is combined in goodnotes, i am sure there will be much more subscribers
The only app i can find with the features is Tmind.
hope to see these feature launched soon!
11 votes -
Elevating Goodnotes to the Big Screen: Proposal for Interactive Smartboard Optimization (Senses, ViewSonic)
Dear Goodnotes Product & Support Team,
First, thank you for continuously pushing the boundaries of digital note-taking. Goodnotes is undeniably the gold standard on personal devices, but there is a massive, untapped frontier waiting for you: Interactive Smartboards in Education and Enterprise.
Every day, thousands of educators, presenters, and teams use high-end interactive displays like Senses, ViewSonic ViewBoard, and SMART displays. However, the default whiteboard software on these panels pales in comparison to the fluid experience, organizational depth, and ink engine of Goodnotes.
Bringing an optimized "Goodnotes for Smartboards" edition (or dedicated display mode) to these platforms would completely revolutionize…
2 votes -
Support Right-to-Left Page Turning / Right-Bound Notebooks for Japanese Vertical Writing
I would like to request an option to reverse the page-turning direction of notebooks and PDF documents.
Currently, Goodnotes is primarily designed around left-bound documents, where pages progress from left to right. However, traditional Japanese documents that use vertical writing are generally right-bound, with pages progressing from right to left.
This is not limited to books, manga, or traditional publishing. It is also an important issue for professional users in the Japanese animation industry.
Japanese Animation Production Scripts
In Japanese anime production, scripts used for voice recording and audio production are traditionally formatted with vertical Japanese text and right-to-left page…
2 votes -
smart pen
I really enjoy using GoodNotes and I’m very happy with the app.
One feature I’d love to see is support for a smart pen made for GoodNotes, whether developed by your team or through a partnership.
Sometimes it’s easier to quickly write ideas on paper. If those handwritten notes could be transferred directly into GoodNotes while preserving the natural feel of handwriting, it would create a great bridge between analog and digital note-taking.
2 votes -
Custom Page Names Instead of Only Page Numbers
Custom Page Names Instead of Only Page Numbers
I would love to have the option to assign custom names to individual pages, instead of displaying only page numbers.
Currently, pages can only be identified by their numbers, which makes it difficult to quickly find specific notes in larger notebooks. It would be much more convenient if users could give each page a custom title, such as “Meeting Notes”, “Chapter 3”, “Ideas”, or “To-Do”.
This feature would make navigation much faster and improve organization, especially for notebooks with many pages. It could work similarly to naming tabs or sections, while still…
2 votes -
Go back to how the app was two years ago PLEASE
JUST GO BACK TO THE OLDER VERSION. IT WAS MUCH MUCH BETTER THAN WHATEVER THIS IS PLEASE I BEG OF YOU. DO YOUR SELF A FAVOUR I PROMISE WE WILL ALL APPRECIATE IT MORE AND KEEP PAYING FOR THIS APP, IF YOU JUST GO BACK TO THE VERSION WE HAD TWO TO THREE YEARS AGO AND REMOVE THE AI FEATURE IT MAKES THE APP CRASH AND ITS COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY. ABSOLUTELY ZERO PEOPLE USE IT AND I KNOW THAT BECAUSE I GO UNI WHERE LITERALLY THOUSANDS OF STUDENTS USE THIS APP AND NO ONE LIKES IT. OLD IS GOLD!!!!!!
2 votes -
New function to read full file name from Google Drive
Hi Guys.
I want to ask you to add below function.
I used to import files via Google Drive but I cannot read the full name of some files that have long file name.
So Could you add new function to read full name of files?
Thanks.2 votes -
How do user feedback forums like GoodNotes
How do user feedback forums like GoodNotes help developers prioritize new feature requests and improve overall app functionality based on direct customer suggestions?
1 vote -
[Fountain Pen] Lock Nib Angle
When using the fountain pen with Apple Pencil rotation enabled, users must constantly re-adjust their grip to keep the nib horizontal. Locking rotation forces a fixed default angle that often looks unnatural for a fountain pen.
Please add the option to lock the nib at a user-defined angle, for example by letting the user set the angle with a slider so the pen hits the page the same way every time. See image for example. This would greatly improve writing flow, style and comfort.
8 votes -
Option to Hide undo/redo button
While writing down reference details of the contents being written in the notes, the undo/redo button often comes above it in the top right/left. Hiding it while using the gestures for undo/redo is a better option in this case.
4 votes -
Pen color inversion for dark backgrounds and export options
Feature request:
Hi GoodNotes team,
I would like to suggest a feature for better dark mode note-taking.
When the page background is dark, it would be very helpful if pen colors could automatically reverse or adapt for visibility. For example, black handwriting could appear white on a dark background, while still preserving readability.
Also, when exporting notes, please allow users to choose whether the handwriting should be exported as black or white. This would be especially useful because notes that look clear on a dark background may become hard to read when exported or printed.
Suggested options:
Auto-invert pen color…
4 votes -
Add right margin to PDF for annotations
This option adds a 2,5 inch margin at the right side of the document for annotating. The margin is collapsible afterwards or can be kept open permanently. This way one can annotate on PDFs with tiny margins without having to compress all the info.
4 votes -
Customizable Laser Pointer Duration and Colors
I’m a science teacher and I use Goodnotes regularly for teaching and presenting lessons.
I really like the Laser Pointer feature, but I think two small improvements would make it much more useful for teachers:
Adjustable laser trail duration: Let users choose how long the laser remains visible, such as 1, 3, 5, or 10 seconds. A 3–5 second option would be especially useful when explaining diagrams, graphs, and questions.
Different laser colors: It would be great to have several color options, such as red, blue, green, and yellow. Teachers could use different colors for different purposes, such as red…3 votes -
Outlined Pen / Drop-Shadow Ink for Photo Annotations
Hi Goodnotes Team,
I frequently use Goodnotes to annotate directly on top of imported photos and images. Because the current pens only output solid, single-color ink, my handwriting constantly gets lost in the dark or busy areas of the pictures.
It would be incredibly helpful to have a new pen tool—or a toggle for the existing pens—that automatically generates a contrasting outline (like white) or a subtle drop-shadow in real-time as I write.
Right now, I have to interrupt my workflow to draw highlighter backgrounds, duplicate text to create manual shadows, or drop in pre-saved shape elements just to make…
2 votes -
Advanced Editing for Images and Elements
I really like the feature that allows you to align Images and Elements with fixpoints that already are on a document.
The next evolution of this feature I'd really like to see would be the possibility to select wether you want and Image or a section of selected handwriting to respond to said fixpoints.
Sometimes when editing handwritten Text in a Document where you inserted a picture it is quite hard if not impossible to align it when it respons to a fixpoint.
A on of switch for the selected text or image or whatever to be able to deselect…2 votes -
List of approved email addresses for email import
I would be much more comfortable if only email addresses that I approved beforehand could send pdfs via email directly to my devices.
Similar to the implementation SAP Concur uses...
- you could add your own personal or work email address to your Goodnotes account.
- Only emails with pdf attachments originating from these approved addresses are then imported to the Goodnotes account.
- Emails originating from other accounts are automatically declined2 votes
- Don't see your idea?