Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7086 results found

1. The newly implemented comments feature should be instantly searchable.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I always hold the device in my hand and scroll the screen with my thumb. I found it uncomfortable on my wrist to have to use two fingers to press twice to undo it, and it sometimes didn't flow as it should, and I had trouble using three fingers to press the redo because it became undo, which made it very frustrating. I believe there should be a setting for how many fingers you want to use to undo and redo.
    The picture is the way I hold my device.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. If you have a selection it would be nice to be able to just double tap the selection on the screen to copy it. Then if you double tap the screen outside the selection it will paste. Would make the process quicker and less tedious when copying a lot.

Just to make it clear, I'm not saying double tap the pencil, I am saying double tapping the screen with the pencil.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I would appreciate to have a Notebook-Counter in order to see, how many notebooks I have (in a specific folder or subfolder) and to identify/detect empty or overfilled folders or subfolders.

After the name/title of each folder or subfolder should be in parentheses the number of (sub)folders and the number of notebooks they contain. (See figure.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. As the community of goodnotes has many research focused students, adding some features like extracting highlights to markdown and a side bar to see all the comments would be really helpful to aid the reasearch efforts.
    Some features suggestions that we really need in goodnotes to make it one stop solution
    - highlights extraction (to txt, markdown etc)
    - side bar to see all the comments
    - tags feature to tag the notes/books

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I used good notes for many different things, college note taking, filling in pdf documents, bullet journal. Please add an option to save more than one default text.
    The font i use for note taking sometimes is too small for the font required to fill in documents. And my bujo is dark themed so the font needs to be white. It gets tedious having to change it everytime i open a text box depending on the document i am working on

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It would be fantastic if there could be an hour/minute/second timer built into goodnotes. My purpose is for taking notes on movies and tv episodes since I work in post production, but I could see this being useful for taking notes during video lectures etc to be able to reference back to a certain timecode easily, or have a time of day stamped to notes. How I could see it implemented is pressing a tool in the toolbar, followed by pressing on the paper, dropping the timecode onto that spot. Maybe long pressing the tool could allow you to reset…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please add Sepia and Dark mode, its just impossible to use goodnotes for long period reading.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Eraser should be able to erase text as well. When I want to erase a text I have to lasso and click delete or I have to edit the text. It would be nice to use the eraser to erase some parts of the text you want without having to delete or edit the whole thing

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I'm a surgical resident, and I've used almost every form of note taking, app and study method available in my 30+ years of being a professional student.

I've used Notability for a long time, but switched to Goodnotes because of the feature set, community, and one-time fee model. There are a few key missing features that make me switch back and forth between the apps.

Disclaimer: I realize the amount of effort it takes to execute new features and believe people should be compensated for their work. I would not be opposed to in-app purchases for the additional features proposed…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please tell me good slot machines

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. And let it be on top, bottom, left or right. As in Notability, Noteful, ZoomNotes, Flexcil, Drawboard Pdf, and almost every note taking app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hallo Goodnotes,

Könnten Sie die App erweitern mit einem Scanner welcher Bilder und handgeschriebene engescannte PDF nach Texte scannt, sodass sie beim Durchsuchen der Aufschriebe/Notizen gefunden werden. Hierfür wäre ein gezieltes Durchsuchen von einem ausgewählten Ordner am besten.

Außerdem können Sie die noch eine Erweiterung mit einem Zirkel machen, da wenn man mit den bisherigen Kreisen arbeiten möchte für den Zuschauer nicht ganz klar ist wie groß der Radius und wo die Einstichstelle bzw. welche Drehrichtung verwendet wird.

Freundliche Grüße
    Tobias

Hello Goodnotes,

Could you extend the app with a scanner that scans images and handwritten PDFs for text so…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be practical to be able to select which files you would like to upload to iCloud, as, if you don‘t have enough storage for every single file, you can‘t even share a single file with anyone, which is quite annoying.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. For example, I work on my laptop with a document and close it, and then I want to open it on my iPad to continue working with the document, with this button you can force a sync, and I don't need to wait when it happens automatically

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    • It doesn’t help me and it makes writing much more difficult. and be able to paste or copy in the zoom mode.
    • i want to be able to see the open windows in a list or an organized way without closing the open files by mistake because i am switching from file to file.
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow the user to pin certain files or folders so that they stay at the top in the document browser, regardless of the sort settings. For example, I like sorting my date, but I don't want to have to dig through my files to find my folders. Instead, I would like to be able to pin the folders I want while still sorting the rest of my documents by date.

(I know GoodNotes already has "Favorites" which is pretty similar and I guess essentially has the same use, but I just find it more convenient to view pinned documents on…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Hey fellas, I am interested in football, I like watching, but now I am thinking about betting, what do you think about that?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add Restore Page to the top right (...) menu (rather than requiring that we go back to the trash bin to restore (to make it quicker and easier to restore if the wrong page is deleted inadvertently).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Is there any major differences guys,

The main difference that i'm aware of is the no tax on spread betting profits,which i find highly appealing.

Is it as easy trade via spread betting as the normal way ?

Regards...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?