Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

6975 results found

1. When scrolling within a PDF and then making annotations it’s convenient to change from single finger panning (on/off) to enhance scrolling and palm rejection. If single finger panning is on while making annotations, the page moves. But if it’s kept off, when it’s time to scroll, it’s a bit difficult when scrolling multiple pages with two fingers. An easily accessible toggle would be ideal.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Propose more qualities of scans (best / medium / low / black and white) to permit a lower size of the files.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 2 page view has been requested multiple times throughout the years. Devs, just say, u're not going to implement it, right?

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I'm a surgical resident, and I've used almost every form of note taking, app and study method available in my 30+ years of being a professional student.

I've used Notability for a long time, but switched to Goodnotes because of the feature set, community, and one-time fee model. There are a few key missing features that make me switch back and forth between the apps.

Disclaimer: I realize the amount of effort it takes to execute new features and believe people should be compensated for their work. I would not be opposed to in-app purchases for the additional features proposed…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It is very easy for users to accumulate tabs when using GoodNotes, especially since they don't have to choose to close or keep them when closing the app. As time goes by, the buildup of tabs hinders the user experience. For example, when opening an older document whose tab was never closed, the user has to swipe through the endless sea of tabs to find the document they were working on moments ago. Additionally, closing tabs rapidly could be improved on because when the user closes a tab, the next tab has to animate under the user's finger before they…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Yes, this feature is long time missing. So many times the developers have been informed about this. There should be an option to edit in book view. It would be so convenient for students like us to read and write the content like a book than a single page taking a whole lot of space on the screen

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please make it simpler to add/create notebooks; I am constantly struggling with finding the correct paper size/cover size. I wish it would just tell me what each page is set to (size-wise) so I can figure out which cover/paper to choose. Every time I set up a new one with specific configurations it makes a cover way smaller than the paper to write on on the next page or vice versa.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When more than three documents are open at the same time the pages keep reloading when you cycle between them. Super annoying as it takes extra time, and the page zooms to default size. The iPad can keep apps running in the background for weeks without reloading so I’m pretty sure it could manage many more than three simple documents opened simultaneously.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I would love to have a way to edit transparency/ opacity of elements and images added to a document. I often make notes on sheet music and would like to be able to see the notes underneath the sticky notes!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Instead of the one option of a blue folder we should have the option to change the color of the folder to help distinguish subjects better.

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When using Apple Pencil in OCR mode, the pencil menu offers return, keyboard. A delete key rather than undo (or both) would save having to open the keyboard and then close it again. A great app thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be very helpful if we are given the ability to select several images and import them all at once. This will save time and it will make it easier to work with projects that require a collection of photos. One way I would use this is to upload multiple pictures into flashcards. I think it would also be great for journaling. A feature like this will help speed up my workflow. It is a nice productivity feature.

My workflow would be much more efficient if I could multiple images simultaneously instead of individually, since I work with images…

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow real-time sync with cloud storages like Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, etc so that files occupy less storage on the ipad, while allowing for editing and annotation of the file stored in the cloud. This would save a lot of space for those of us using lower end devices.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. For every page we make, we can develop an index as in a chapter with multiple file names, like feature of adobe PDF, easy to scroll & find.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I often use enlarging tool for specific area. However, when I use this, blue area always emerges in the left side and it is really useless.

I want the toggle function to the enlargement tool for GoodNotes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I really love Goodnotes, it‘s an awesome app I use everyday in my school-live. But please add settings, that allow the user to customize the color theme. So that the bar on the top and also selection-tools are in a color the user prefers. Also a setting to set the position of the tools to the left or the right side of the app. Lastly please add support for I-Work and MOffice so the user is able to create, edit and document those documents. Thanks a lot.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I've heard that tapping the microphone head shouldn't be done because it might damage the microphone. I don't know if this true or just a myth. If it is true, then how is the microphone get damaged with tapping it?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. ONE NOTE has a glitter pen option and adding this to good notes would make the notetaking app the best one out there!! I added an image example, seriously consider this so I can only use good notes and not have to bounce between apps all the time.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Girls i need help. Has any of you experienced tummy tuck surgery after having babies. I have 3 children and the skin on my tummy is very loose, it is hanging around and i do not feel well about it. I try to hide it under huge tops but i do not want to be like this forever. Did some exercise programs also but not much result. It has been almost two years and i want to look good again so i am thinking of tummy tuck surgery. What would be even better to have it somewhere in EU because…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ipad用戶,以前在不使用編輯工具時也可選取文字。更新後要在使用編輯工具下才能選取文檔的文字,操作變得極不方便且不能用apple pencil選取文字!建議改回原來版本!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?