Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7115 results found

1. I love using GoodNotes with the outline feature for digital journaling. The only thing missing is that physical A5 book to hold in your hands. It would be so amazing to have a service to order a bound book once 250-300 pages in an A5 style notebook has been filled. Also to have a journal notebook option where page numbers are added, A5 is default, and landscape mode allows for a full 2 page spread to be shown. We get an amazing feature and it's monetizing for the devs. Win win.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add the option to increase/reduce stabilization of hand-drawn strokes and as this would help make a lot of people's handwriting less jittery and MUCH MUCH neater.
    For reference, Procreate has a great stabilization feature and I absolutely love using that to write down important titles.

.. If not customizable stabilization, then a stabilization of around 30% to 35% on the Procreate standard would be absolutely wonderful :D

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Especially in the dark flashcards, if I have my display brightness set too low (like during the night) it becomes really difficult to see where the "question" space ends and the "answer" space begins. So I propose changing the line and font color to a bright gray to read it better!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When you convert text from handwriting, I wish we could change the font, size, etc and putting the text block in a certain area without having to copy and paste.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The current text box makes it impossible to accurately resize, move, or highlight text (and with an Apple Pencil, scribble) without accidentally doing one of the other things. It is ridiculously difficult especially with small text boxes and this is because the resize and move are so close to the text and each other. I find it very difficult to move text because I can’t “grab” the box in the first place.

Notability has a much better text box so I think this is extremely possible to change.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Being able to save more than one text style is necessary for Titles and Headers while taking notes. One more reason I have had to switch to notability. They allow three saved text favorites with font, color, and size.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Have an option for a block of content to be copied to another page and any edits on either copy shows up on the other one. So for example, you could have a block of writing on a monthly calendar page and then sync it to a specific day's page so you don't have to rewrite everything. What you write on the monthly calendar for that day automatically shows up on the individual day page also.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Insert the actual Position as Web-Link and as 2 little Maps, Klick on it opens AppleMaps or GoogleMaps. The inserted Pic is scaleable like other pictures.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I 'd like to use GoodNotes on the Ipad for in-class teaching, mostly for presenting slides and occasionally writing notes on them. To my experience, GoodNotes does not support presentation clickers to move between slides. That would be a nice feature to have.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I would love to see an erase feature added where you just circle around a specific section/word/etc. Then just click inside the invisible circle drawn and all of the stuff inside the circle erases. Sorta like how old smart boards did.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I would love for my notes to auto position themselves properly and perhaps group together when im writing. For example when writing on paper you sometimes have to write on different sections of a page or printout (left side, right side, top, bottom, middle) and goodnotes doesn't do the without opening a different text box. And when trying to reposition all the text it doesnt move all your notes together without the user lassoing every little box you want instead of just grouping them and moving them all together. I would love to right a Topic in the middle with…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Separate palettes for added pen colors. What I mean is when we add new colors, I would love be able to be make separate ones. Instead of only having one single palette, why not have the ability to create separate ones?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. To have more than the three Preseted Text Marker colours at the top right corner. There is place for like 5 or more (Horizontal Perspektive)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Gerne hätte ich die Möglichkeit einen vierten Farbstift als Auswahl zu haben. Wäre super, wenn man in den Einstellungen die Anzahl Farbstifte einstellen könnte.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Let us add subtopics for the register please

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Learning money management for beginners can be difficult, but it is crucial for financial success. The most common mistakes that people make are not following a budget, spending more than you earn, and not planning ahead.

These common mistakes are the cause of many problems and should be avoided. By following the steps in this post, you can take a step closer to financial freedom. Using these tips, you can make your finances easier to manage. Here are some basic steps to follow when it comes to money management.

It is easy to get a general idea of where your…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Sometimes when i annotate my power points, there's too much thing on it and not enough space for me to write. It could be useful if we could use the comments concept but not only write text, but also take notes.

Not sure if my idea is clear, but i would like a space where i can take note and draw whatever i want that will reduce, and i can drag wherever i want.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The auto advance in the zoom tool helps writing on the left to right. It’s essential to add auto advance from right to left for more languages.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Selecting hyperlinks require that you turn the pen-tool off, press on the hyperlink, then turn the pen-tool back on. Instead:

Allow a long-press on a hyperlink to activate it.

Alternatively, a double-touch on a hyperlink to activate it.

I can't tell you how many times I've pressed on a hyperlink and end up writing a dot. I have several people I have recruited to be GoodNotes users and this is a frequent problem when they begin using the program ("Hey, why don't hyperlinks work?")

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?