Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7128 results found

1. I had occasion to enter the marina channel after dark, I used my familiarity with the channel plus chart plotter track and radar to safely traverse the narrow channel into the marina. This has probable happen 4 or 5 times before over 40 years of boating.
    I’m thinking of adding a LED light capable of lighting up say 50’ of the area ahead for safer navigation.
    Has anyone done this ? I’ve checked out lights but not sure what size and wattage would work. The top of the pilothouse or radar mast would be the easiest for installation.
    Night vision…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Hello there!
    I wanna ask you to change the word "move to trash" to something like "delete" or something like that, I don't like the fact that you say about some notes "trash".
    As you can know sometimes we delete a valuable note just because it is duplicated or some other reason not because it is a trash

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Sharing a notebook is very convenient. What I would also like to see is the possibility to write-protect the shared notebook. I work at a school and share my notes with the students by exporting them as PDFs and uploading them to our learning management system. I have to do this over and over again after each new lesson. It would be easier for me to share the Goodnotes notebook directly as a link (all students use GoodNotes on the iPad) without students having the ability to change anything in my document/notebook.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Since some PDFs do not come with their "table of contents" already made, it would be incredibly helpful to be able to create an outline that has sub-sections that can be collapsed. Such as a long textbook with multiple sections each having multiple chapters - would love to be able to easily see the section titles and then expand each as needed to see each chapter within. The textbooks that come with this already made are so nice and it would be nice to be able to do this not only with PDFs but also with my hand written notebooks.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When rotating a page in a PDF document, the width of the single pages varies from the upright to the horizontal ones. This causes vertical scrolling to also scroll left or right sometimes. Double-tapping to zoom also doesn't feel as natural anymore.
    I'd like to have an option to display all pages in the same width. That would solve both problems.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When rotating a page in a PDF document, the width of the single pages varies from the upright to the horizontal ones. This causes vertical scrolling to also scroll left or right sometimes. Double-tapping to zoom also doesn't feel as natural anymore.
    I'd like to have an option to display all pages in the same width which would solve both problems.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When the zoom window extends past the edge of the page, the next line should appear inline following a grey area to denote the page boundary.

Currently, the zoom window handles line breaks inconsistently. If the blue 'advance' region is too long for the remainder of the line, it sometimes continues with a carriage return/ line break. However, the auto-advance does not always perform this line break. Sometimes, the blue region appears but only attempts to advance further within the same line. The attached image shows a common scenario: where the zoom window continues well past the edge of the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I use different colours/pen sizes for different documents. Would be great to be able to create a stationery set or 'profile' to easily switch instead of having to manually change my things every time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When scrolling through a document, the page number and total page count is displayed in the bottom left corner of the screen. I’d like to be able to double click or long press this display and be prompted to enter the page number I’d like to jump to. Often I’ll be utilizing a PDF of a book with a table of contents that isn’t linked, so being able to manually jump to a page would be handy. Currently I navigate to pages by searching for page numbers and clicking the appropriate page. Depending on the document, this can be clunky…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Redesign the zoom space and add a toolbar in it (red) & add an option to choose more than 3 colours in the top bar (green)
    Maybe an option to allow a selection of colours for each document (6 colours for one, 6 colours for other, etc) because sometimes when you use documents with another colour palette you must change the top colours many times :c

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow a video window on a good notes page. And allow a drag and drop of text or graphic item between pages.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I want a clear folder that I can see what’s inside. And I want to change folder’s color!

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I iPad you can make automatons, please add GoodNotes export function to those (especially PDF)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. So on my instagram I try to post every few days but sometimes I go 1 or 2 weeks without posting because I'm often too busy with other stuff to draw and not everything I do make I feel like is good enough to put on the internet. when I do post on instagram I'll get 3 or 4 followers but then after a few days of not posting most if not all of them will unfollow me. this happens every time I get new followers and I've only experienced this on instagram. so what gives, is instagram a place…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Sometimes when users want to open a new document. They have to tap return multiple times to all folders if they have more folders inside folders for classification, and finally they can open the document they want. This severely decrease productivity and annoy users.

To make tab logic easier to understand, one tap for the “+” button can open a new tab for all documents and open the document they want faster.

Also for the text tool, we hope that users can set three default style for better visual hierarchy in text notes.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. All the things at one place - in GoodNotes

Please add support to as much formats as you can. Even links with just preview would be awesome. I don’t want to have some type of stuff in files and other in GoodNotes. I all the time struggle to find what I have and where.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please add the function: so that the highlighter can be kept straight, instead of being held for a few seconds and turning into a straight line. This would increase the speed of working, which is often very annoying when it turns into a curve...
    please apply it

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Be able to import multiple elements at one time.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. In previous version my battery was draining and fetching heating issue while using GoodNotes. Then I got updated version telling that it will be resolved. But for me it hasn’t been resolved yet.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add template with alternating borders. First page big border left, second page big border on the right. I know there is a symmetric template with big borders, but need all space on die page. The problem comes up when I punch it and put it in a folder

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?