Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7173 results found

1. Please add the option to prevent accidental closure of tabs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 2 page view has been requested multiple times throughout the years. Devs, just say, u're not going to implement it, right?

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I like using the blank page for my note taking as it allows me the freedom of note taking style. However, when I start writing paragraphs I end up with slanted, is there any chance you add a toggle switch that allows the user to toggle lines on the page temporary and switch them off when done, so we can have straight paragraphs please. Thanks! I seriously can’t live without GoodNotes!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Es wäre hilfreich, wenn beim durchgehen der Lernkarten auch der Fortschritt angezeigt und gespeichert wird, wenn nicht alle Karten durchgegangen werden, oder zu einem späteren Zeitpunkt weiter gelernt wird. Außerdem wäre es toll, wenn man den Fortschritt separat abrufen könnte.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hi All,

I am trying to find the right way to wire 3 shelly 2.5's into my LED light setup so that it works.

I am not an electrician, but tried to draw the current schematic as best as possible.

Extra information:

Currently, there is a 3 channel switch, with remote, before the transformators. This switch can be removed if need be, the remote no longer works.

Would anyone be able to help? What do it plug into my Shelly and where? (I'm a total noob, so make it easy! :) )

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. In the option box generated by long-pressing the word, there is currently only 'definition'. It would be more applicable if 'translation' was added.
    长按单词产生的选项框中,目前只有‘定义’。如果增加‘翻译’会更适用。

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When I read, the large amount of text on the page made it inconvenient for me to add annotations and notes, especially when I needed to quote passages from other works and had no space. Adding blank pages at the bottom of the page makes turning pages difficult and text cannot be joined.
    If a new feature could be added to add blank pages to the left and right of the page, capped at two pages, that would work even better and I would not want to use another notes app.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I suggest to add a continous writing turn off/on button in a writing mode. Because when i use it, sometimes i don’t use that continuous writing mode. But now it is able to go features tab and turn off it. So it is useful to add switch on that writing mode

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Quickly toggle this mode on, GoodNotes will ONLY respond to your stylus. This means absolutely zero accidental tab closes and switches, tool selections, anything that could happen from resting one's palm near the top of the page. For completely relaxed, unworried writing in any position.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I wish the uploading to iCloud of fast enough to be able to make edits to the same notebook on my iPad and Mac at the same time. Like with Google Docs, multiple people or accounts can edit the same document without one having to stop/wait for the other.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Can you do a highlighter tool that UNDERLINES the text instead of highlighting?

I would help in productivity so much rather than have to hold and wait for it to form a straight line.

Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. As you can see, there are lots of different ways you can change up the font on your Instagram stories with Instagram Schrift. So go ahead and have some fun with it! And if you're ever feeling stuck, just remember that you can always go back to the regular old Times New Roman font

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be really nice if you could make the outlines more interactive, to be able to do stuff with it. After all, this is our table of contents and I would like if it was possible to export it, print it and even have a toggle to show it within the document on the side (not on the page directly but by the side of the marked page) like Microsoft word’s proof reading correction comments.

Furthermore, something that has been causing me a headache is once you mark a page and give it a title in the outline, if…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. On my Mac, when I double click the mouse pointer on a word to select it, GoodNotes responds by increasing the zoom level of the note -- the word is not selected. When I double click again on the word, GoodNotes responds by unzooming. In every other app, I can select a word by double clicking on it -- this is my preferred app response since it is what is expected throughout all of computing. I would appreciate it if GoodNotes behaved the same way -- select, not zoom. Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I study math and sometimes I speedrun my way through a problem set, and in the long run, having to add 100+ pages one by one can become a bit annoying, since there could easily be a feature to add x pages of the current template.

e.g. add 20 pages with the current template after the current page

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It would be super nice if you could lock things into place, such as pictures or stickers, so they wouldnˋt move around when trying to move other things on theoage with the select tool! Would make digital planning even more fun and exciting!

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I was trying out ZoomNotes after discovering adding to a note on my phone is kind of terrible in GoodNotes, and they had a handy shortcut that would help a lot in GoodNotes: When placing a text box, double tapping prompted whether I wanted the box to fill the page. I agreed and just that easy I can add properly (horizontally) aligned text to the note. GoodNotes could add a similar feature pretty easily and it would make the iPhone and Mac apps more useful for adding to notes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hi All!

Hoping to get some idea on how we can update the exterior of this home.

It hasn't been touched since being built in the 60's. Home is in AZ and is west facing and is rectangular. Would like modern design with use of mixed materials - concrete/wood slats, breeze block. We are looking to enclose the carport.

I really love the simplicity of this mid century home w/ its flat/deep roof, large windows and thin columns: https://www.contemporist.com/renovated-mid-century-modern-house-sits-on-a-plateau-above-coachella-valley-in-california/.

Any input is appreciated. Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ipad keyboard shorcut key!

simple like ctrl+c,ctrl+v

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Having extra space to either side of the document that you can scroll over into so that when you're writing on the edge, you have a place to rest your hand.
    For me, I'm right-handed, and writing near the right-hand edge is always hard since there's nowhere to rest my hand, so it'd be nice to have extra space to the sides

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?