Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7226 results found

1. Make dotted lines of the lasso/selection tool invisible to a remote monitor or recording. This would give presenters the ability to live animate notes with motion, for example, in a physics lecture, to drag an object across the screen, illustrating constant velocity or acceleration, without the students seeing the dotted selection lasso.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. E.g Automatically switch black to white pen color when opening a black (template) document
    Or have a different pen color palette for black template document (instead of a global constant)

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. A split page feature would allow for one section of the page to remain on a desired piece of text, whilst the other could scroll down and view the questions.

I am aware of opening the document in another window; but what if I wanted to view 1) the text, 2) the questions, and 3) answers and guidance, all at once?

This page split feature would be indispensable!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. There are two toolbars unnecessarily. Top toolbar for browsing slides, searching for specific words, undo button and the add page button. Bottom toolbar for writing tools. Top one only uses up the left and right side (with the title taking up a huge amount of space in the middle) and the bottom toolbar only uses the middle so they would merge perfectly if you just moved the title elsewhere, thus giving us the users more space to write/draw on.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I had scanned a text with an scanner that dosen't has the function to adding an OCR-Layer to the PDF-file. (You have to know that the OCR-Layer is the function for GoodNotes/the iPad to read the words in that file). That's why I am not able to search the words from this scan at the searching-tool. I thought that it would be nice having the function to add this layer after you already scanned the document from an extern device. I use an extern scanner because the quality is much better than that from the iPad-camera.
    With that function it…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I love being able to create notes on my iPad, but review them on my iMac desktop. Just like in Preview.app for the Mac, I would like to be able to select a single page view, two page view, continuous scroll view, etc. I'd like the window to just show one page at a time as I resize the window. Thanks!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. With more than 3 colors in the tool bar, but it would be perfect if we could edit the tool bar and eliminate the tools we don’t use

About lasso tool, you can improve it with a multiple choose of the objects you want to edit, 4example the texts you want to edit with the same color

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When I select a new colour from the drop-down / multiple list and click out of the colour selector, that new colour is not automatically chosen to be the new pen colour.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. So, I personally think the app is getting better but, recently the feature that allowed us to draw straight lines, circles, arrows, graphs, etc have changed a little bit. It is less fluent and I can’t do 2 lines that will stick together automatically for example. Which I was able to do in the past. So it is impossible for me now to draw straight arrows or graphs which is quite frustrating because I used to use these features a lot. Now the lines are straight BUT no longer automatically horizontal or vertical you know ? You can maybe add…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I text a lot and I also like to keep the color tone of my notes but the app doesn’t have the feature to add the color to presets for the text function. It also could be more convenient if there’s the color picker tool so I can keep the tone of my notes whenever I text or write. Lastly, I notice that the hex code of the color is ALWAYS #FFEEFF. As I said before, GoodNotes doesn’t have feature of setting text color to presets so I intent to remember the hex code instead but it’s still FFEEFF... I…

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I am missing the feature to covert handwriting to formula, such as integrals, partial derivatives, greek letters and so on.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I recently switched from Flexcil to Goodnotes and I love the experience so far. The only thing I am missing is the ability to have a floating document as a popup on top of another document. This makes taking notes and writing summaries of another document a lot more fun.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. grid guides on camera helps align the captured document easily

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. create the ability to take notes on a full-screen view

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please add the feature to solve maths stuff. your program can detect numbers, why not implement a calculator? work together with other brands. I dont really care just add the feature. to detect whether you want to solve something you could add a shortcut a a symbol you have to write first, like a = with another line maybe

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Email to GoodNotes is a pretty handy automation feature, but it is quite annoying to get all the files in the "Home" directory. It would be really nice if it was possible to add the option to use a relative path to the home directory like '/university/cs1' as subject of the mail.

That way I could automatically import my scripts into GoodNotes and they would be there whenever I wanted to use them. Currently I have to search for the required script in the set of scripts forever, which costs me more time than downloading the scripts as soon as…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hello, your app is very good but the only thing that is uncomfortable is the pen variety and types. I ask that you add more pen types, and would very much like if there was a pencil option. Thank you

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I wish this was an option. I am looking for quicker ways to get to the tools that I need without having to tap on the menu all of the time. It would be really helpful if I was able to quickly switch back to the writing tool after using the eraser.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I'm really supporting Good Notes, but for saving my notes for school, I would like to prefer DS File as my backup application, so that I can use my Synology NAS to do a backup.

Thank you for reading my Idea.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?