Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7137 results found

1. I write with lined paper, but would like to remove the lines afterwards. It's just not feasible to do this at present, having to change the template of every page one by one.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It would be nice to be able to add more pen sizes to the tool bar when needed and also can delete them if you don't need it. This makes it easier to change between sizes instead of changing the pen size each time when an extra one is needed.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. This way a new note would automaticly be stored on my NAS. Also I would not have to use ICloud to see my notes on other devices. This would make things a lot more orginised and it would also save storage space on my ipad! :)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ich wünsche mir eine Option Dokumente mit Face ID oder mit dem Fingerabdruck schützen zu können. Somit könnte man private Papiere schützen vor unbefugtem Zugriff zb in der Schule oder Uni.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please support all features for the Adonite +, ie; pressure sensitivity, tilt support etc

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. A tool (like in a CAD software) to find the next line intersection and trim the selected line. Example- if you have a handwritten 'X' , selected this tool, and tapped the top right section of the line going bottom left to top right, it would look like 'λ'

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I’m using vertical page view. No matter how fast I scroll (ipad, with a finger), it a fixed speed. This is not the case with native scrolling, in a webpage for example or a pdf file.
    Pls make scrolling with varied speed, same as native device.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Hi there!

I use Good Notes for taking notes in university. And I have to wrote down often medical words that good notes do not recognize. In addition I often want to typ in a language that does not exist in good notes.
    So Good Notes to allways automaticly correct my words (which are correct, but good Notes think they are wrong because it ist not in his dictonary). I know that I can disable the spelling correction. However, that work only for 1 text-box... If I go to the next slide/page, I have to disable the spelling correction each…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I have set a set of color for my brush. Now I wanna to use the identical color for Text

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. In windows like for exporting, the button to execute the final step ("Export" in this case) is blue, like the Apple pop-up windows. This suggests hitting the return key should work like pressing that button with the cursor like with Apple pop-ups, but this is not the case. Seems like a simple fix that would just make users' lives a little easier.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hi,
    My professors sometimes provide us with scans of documents to read. I like to annotate as I read. However because these can be scans with black edges from scanning, it is really hard to find a color that will show through. If I was able to put an opaque shape behind my text to make it easily viewable, that would be awesome. The current fill only allows for a see though fill and it doesn’t help at all. I also can’t chose white because it would not show on the white spaces and I don’t want to be changing…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hi,
    My professors sometimes provide us with scans of documents to read. I like to annotate as I read. However because these can be scans with black edges from scanning, it is really hard to find a color that will show through. If I was able to put an opaque shape behind my text to make it easily viewable, that would be awesome. The current fill only allows for a see though fill and it doesn’t help at all. I also can’t chose white because it would not show on the white spaces and I don’t want to be changing…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hi,

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please add the auto-advance feature on the Mac app too, because it is quite useful but available only on GoodNotes 5 for iOS.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. This was also listed under "Automatic Action Item" back in 08/19 - but I think it should be considered.

I have many notebooks (one for each customer). I want the ability to mark written text as an "Action Item" in any notebook (Use the "lariat" tool?) and they automatically get added to an "Action Items" notebook so they are all in one place.

Each item is listed under a separate bullet and can be deleted once completed.

Having the option once lassoed to create a calendar reminder / update would be nice, but probably far-reaching at this point.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Kinda like in procreate, clip studio or photoshop that the line drags a bit, but it helps make the lines more smooth and pretty.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be useful if we could insert small little boxes in our notes\ pdfs, that when pressed would open a bigger box where we could put our extra informations, like in the image below

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It is getting tedious for me to switch between 6 commonly used colours with a 3-slot palette when there is clearly space on the app interface to accommodate all 6 of them.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I use "GoodNotes 5.4" with iPad Pro 2018, I am totally satisfied, however the geometric tools should be improved. Ideal would be to add predefined geometric figures, triangle, rectangle, square, circle. I have a lot of difficulty creating perfect squares, there are no way to manage the fill separately from the contour line. It is not possible to draw dashed lines. The option adding layers in drawings would also be nice. Are you planning to add these features in the future?
    Best regards

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?