Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7138 results found

1. When switching between tasks on my ipad a preview from GoodNotes with a page is shown which i deleted a long time ago. It would be better, if a preview is shown from the last active notebook page i used.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the report. We will need to investigate that. Could you please check the following:
    - if something similar happens in other apps
    - if you have multiple windows of GoodNotes open and if this is maybe an old window
    - if you can reproduce this problem reliably or only occasionally

It would be great if you could send us the information to support@goodnotes.com so that we can investigate.

2. Ability to add a background color to a text box, so that it looks like a post-it note. Then, I could easily sort my ideas by color and get a high level snapshot. Thanks!

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It would be very convenient to have a pencil that just exist to write down headlines. I often use one strength of the three options just for headlines so one could expand functionality by implementing more features to this and specify one pen(strength) just to headlines. One feature suggestion might be to automatically add a page on which a headline was written to the outline. The headline itself can then be used as the outline entry's description by using the handwriting recognition software.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. In order to increase data security, I make local backups of my notes every two weeks. As of now, I backup all the notes as I do not know which one I have altered since the last backup. If there is a way to view all my notes at one place, sorted based on latest modified, with also the date of last modification, I can only backup the notes that I have altered since the last backup, hence saving me space and data.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. An Export-Function for handwritten (!!! => not a PDF-Version) notes to Microsoft Teams / OneNote would be GREAT! A direct Sync to the TEAMS-Server would be even better!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Can you add a “merge” or “group” lines feature? It would make drawing shapes and ideas a whole lot easier. Similar to being able to group multiple lines or images on PowerPoint or google docs.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Be able to hide pages. ie we have the same meeting every week and do not need to see the notes from weeks ago, but would like to easily reference them if necessary. So you could select to hide the page and not see it in the normal flow of events, but then when you go to the thumbnail view you can select "show hidden pages" to see any notes you took. Similar to how Microsoft office can hide data or text in word/excel docs.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I do understand that it makes sense for the document to pop back into central view when dragging to the side, but when handwriting at the document’s edge, this becomes an annoyance.

How about a new action/feature where the documents still pop back into central view under normal circumstances, but when the user really drags the document far off to the side, the document stays there at the side of the screen. Now the user can handwrite comfortably, with his hand resting on the black part (background) of the screen, and the document on the other side of the screen.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. This was a feature in Good Notes 4, but I could not find it in Good Notes 5.
    https://feedback.goodnotes.com/forums/191274-customer-suggestions-for-goodnotes/suggestions/4115825--last-viewed-page-button has it marked as completed, so I felt the new comments may not be noticed. I'm posting a new thread for it.

Thanks.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please add the ability to sketch with a pencil like the native Apple Notes app has... And an option to do this with the brush pen too. Shading, tilt-sensitivity and all those apple pencil drawing features would be great for us artists to use the app as a full-featured sketchbook

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I often import large PDF documents containing text where I need to annotate similar concepts with an annotation. The idea is to be able to quickly access these annotations on each page I am reading.

Currently I have to cut and paste several of these annotations from sheet to sheet, then use the lasso tool to add them to the text I am reading. This would provide a very valuable research tool and method of abstracting concepts into pictures (cartoons or annotations) to help me summarize the information or concept from several sources.

The idea could be expanded to provide…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ich fände es toll, wenn man Verweise zwischen Dokumenten erstellen könnte und so mit einem Klick auf ein bestimmtes Wort direkt zum gesuchten Dokument geleitet wird.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It would help a lot, if it was possible to add pages to a PDF not only above or below the actual page (and as last) but also to add a new page on the right hand side. It would improve the possibilities to take notes on context and it makes it easier to read.

Thank you very much!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Sometimes I import the same image more than once onto a page. The first time, the image will be of a certain size. The second time I import it, it comes in larger. This is very puzzling. 9-handle resize as well as alignment options would be welcome. And like others, I don't understand why images come in so large. Even when they're made pretty small.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. You should add the possibility to view files’ and folders’ sizes in the goodnotes app. Also, you could add pages counter to see the total amount of pages in a certain notebook and which page we’re viewing (page 15/20). Also, you could add the possibility of viewing on the home page the total amount of notebooks in the app.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I think it would be amazing if I can purchase templates or stickers in-app shop.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I used GoodNotes a lot for my work and study, but I can’t use that convenient search functionality to search for text I’ve written in Ukrainian 🥺 .

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It would be great to be able to link and lock pages together.
    When you are taking notes on a subject and you have multiple pages, you could link them and the, if you need to reorder these pages in your notebook they will always move together.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?