Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

If you're a business user, instead see the Goodnotes for Business/Enterprise forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

8079 results found

1. Some people may not have an Apple Pencil but instead have third party Styluses. GoodNotes would make an excellent app if you can add third party Styluses like Wacom, Bamboo or Adonit.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Agnostic OCR, whatever languages

When make a notes, usually I pick the words that I have them the most easier to remember, in whatever languages.
    As an Indonesian people, sometimes i use English, Indonesian, or even local language, whichever diction that the easiest for my brain to remember.
    Maybe OCR per character would be able to implemented that, although not sure about mathematical equations which needed some symbols.

Thank you.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. a multicoloured pen, like varying colour in just one pen. sparkle pens will be awesome too. it will really great for us students who like to have a little bit of creativity and fun with their notes. As you write, the colour changes according to a gradient, eg found in onenote

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make text in a photo searchable, for instance taking a picture of a lecture handout or meeting notes and importing it into GoodNotes. It would be nice if the app could register that there is text and make that searchable too like it does for PDFs. Even if it can do that with pictures of handwritten note I think that would be better. That way if you have to take notes on regular paper and want it in your GoodNotes file all you need to do is take a picture instead of transcribing it into GoodNotes to have searchable text.…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ich liebe diese App und benutze sie täglich in der Uni!
    Eine Funktion, die mir fehlt ist, dass man in ein vorhandenes Dokument (in meinem Falle das vorlesungsskript) Hilfslinien oder ein raster einfügen kann. So könnte man ordentlich und gerade mitschreiben und wenn man fertig ist die Hilfslinien einfach wieder ausblenden. Das wäre großartig!

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be interesting to have a feature where we could enlarge the sheet we are working on or writing. Often the content is large, for example: mind maps, summaries, planning, action plans, and we are limited to having to break the idea to fit everything.

If we could enlarge the sheet, fitting more content into it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When searching in korean, the results are not conveient. For example, when I search the word "굿노트", I expect the pages which include "굿노트". But Goodnote shows me all the pages which have "굿" and "노" and "트" separately. This example is same in English : searching "good", then result is all the pages which have "g", "o", "d". This means Goodnote can't understand Korean words perfectly. So searching function is useless for me when I search in Korean.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I would like to see less restrictions with the resizing option of notes/pictures in the app. Firstly, all eight of the resizing nodes behave in the exact same way (with the selected item being resized with the same aspect ratio from the exact center). I think this needs to be swapped out for the ability to distort the image along the x- and y-axis with the appropriate nodes, while keeping the ability to scale it proportionally using the corner nodes. Secondly, I think that the sizing should only occur from the selected node — i.e. not from the center, ever…

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. In Goodnotes4 I could use my stylus Wacom, but in Goodnotes5 only can only be selected apple pen.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please add back to reading button from browsing files mode. I don’t want to open any file to go back to reading and close it.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. EVERYTIME i print my page with foto’s and text, my photo’s are gone.. i Think its beceaus They are print in differt layers, I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING. Sometimes it works when i send myself it page for page, somethimes iT works when i frist put it in iBooks

Plessers find something for this, i neef it for school so bad!!!!!!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. GN5 has LESS functionality in the zoom bar...

Going back and forth to the top of the screen is adding a TON of time whenever I just want to switch a pen color for emphasis, or delete a mistake.

I was really hoping the zoom bar in GN5 would have MORE options!
    (*There really isn't much reason you couldn't add the ability to duplicate the entire main menu, or select elements we use often).

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. the text boxes system is outdated, unconfortable and breaks the "note-taking flow". Add tap & type as, for example, notability, or a similar function.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I found GoodNotes to be very versatile even for doing wireframes for mobile design. Although with the ever changing sizes, it would be great if we can customize the size.
    GoodNotes is also the most smooth note writing app I’ve used. It would be great to have an option for unlimited canvas so I can use it for larger brain storming sessions.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. At this moment, the higher resolution image will be compress to lower size after crop image. This compression mage some images looks like blur due to high resolution screen. Please consider other compression method / stop compression after crop option.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The toolbar should be small or flexible enough to allow a smaller windows for the split view in macOS. At the moment GoodNotes uses almost 2/3 of the screen, in previous versions with the hidden toolbar you could size the window freely.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Being able to put a widget on a journal page that contains synced google calendar events, would be a dream come true.

160 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I'd like to see a "smooth handwriting" option. Something that makes my handwriting a little neater. And more pen options

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I need to grade term papers and would love to simply sync (or drag and drop in the GoodNotes desktop app) a folder with PDFs and export all of them in one step when I am finished.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Wacom stylus support for Goodnotes 5? Very much needed. Since goodnotes 5 is supported by iPad prior to 6 and iPad Pro's it's the only way

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?