Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7212 results found

1. Imagine that you are taking notes out of a 1500 pages PDF and you don’t want to go back and forth between outlined pages. You could simply make a link to that page and paste it over one/more of your notebook/s.

I have this issue because i work with european laws and every manual has a lot of pages. Sometimes instead of writing down an infinite law I prefer to go check it out instantly instead of searching manually or using multitasking in GoodNotes.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I use GoodNotes to take notes during lectures but I also do a lot of my homework in this app. I wish I could at least perform some basic math calculations without leaving the app. Right now, if I want to do any calculations for math class or some other class, I need to leave the app in order to do a Google search or I have to use my phone to do it.

It would be helpful if I could write out the problems with the Apple Pencil and GoodNotes would be able to help me perform some basic…

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sharing your feedback. Would it work for you to open a calculator app as a slide over app and then just swipe it in from the side when it is needed? You won’t have to leave GoodNotes for it and you can easily make some quick calculations.

3. Sketchbook Pro has some of the best rulers out there and I would love for those rulers to also be implemented on GoodNotes.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When I use my Mac along with my iPad for Goodnotes, I will use my laptop to copy and paste longer text into my the notebook that I am working on. So if I copy and paste from a website, I always have to change the font and font size to what I want it to be.

I think there should be a button in the styling area that says "Convert to Default" or maybe even a pop up button after you paste something that says "Convert to Default" or "Convert to Default Font."

This would be very convenient!

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make it like Google Docs where it syncs every detail and action immediately.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I'd love to be able to make the background of diagram images transparent within GoodNotes. I like how this is action performed using an app called MagicEraser, as demonstrated in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pyty9XGv494&feature=youtu.be&t=262

This feature would be very useful, especially when using dark paper.

I wish to skip the step of using a different app just to make the background transparent. I constantly need to give my images a transparent background and I really want a faster way to do it. That's why I would love for GoodNotes to have features like those in the MagicEraser app.

Thank you!

196 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It would be really cool if you combineed your handwriting recognition with your typing tool. Do stuff like intending lines of handwritten notes, or left justifying your handwritten notes after the fact. (I know you can use the lasso, but sometimes it gets tedious)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. On landscape mode

• Move the toolbar elements to the side. Colors, pens, markers, undo, redo, bookmark, share... Allow the user to move all those elements to the sides (left+ right, all right, all left, classic mode). It allows more vertical space for writing and reading
    • Change some UI elements: for example, “take a pic” and “gallery” can be combined into one single ui element, leaving more space for new ui elements (such us more colours, sizes, pentypes). Also, as seen in GoodNotes recent update, “shape” tool is no longer needed and can be replaced by “hold to shape”. Could be…
    8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Search feature: being able to search within a specific folder, notebook or any document . When we do a search currently it will give you results of all different notes that will match your search description and even tho that is helpful it would be more helpful if you can perform a search on that specific folder currently open....

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It would be super helpful to be able to tag files/folders by color. Sometimes I have a bunch of folders (or files) but I mainly use a few of them. It would be helpful to be able to add highlights/colors to these to find them easier. Similar to in Finder in macs (see screenshot)

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be super helpful to be able to tag files/folders by color. Sometimes I have a bunch of folders (or files) but I mainly use a few of them. It would be helpful to be able to add highlights/colors to these to find them easier. Similar to in Finder in macs (see screenshot)

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The text box tool NEEDS to default to a font size and line spacing/placement that works with the default template line widths. Obviously the app focusses on nailing handwriting, but its occasionally useful to drop in a quote from another app or throw in some hastily-typed notes -especially on the Mac app. Microsoft OneNote is pretty bloated, but it gets typing within a space right. I’d encourage you fine folks to look into more advanced text boxes and tools like bullets/numbers, tables, maybe markdown? -especially as ipad keyboard/mouse setups are becoming more common. Thanks for a fantastic app, and for…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Support for mathematic tools like a measuring ruler or a protractor of sorts would really help as there is no way to actually measure the line length right now

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. the corner of highlighters are only round right now
    please add another highlighter that has squared corners like real highlighters!! pleeeeease!!!!!

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. currently, when using the OCR document scanner, it automatically imports it as a full size page. There needs to be an option to import the scanned document within a page so that it is easier to edit/resize it.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Pen stability for shaky handwriting

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I love the new perfect shape feature. However as a maths student I mosty want to use it to make straight lines for fractions or square roots and I feel like you need to hold down the stroke for too long before it is straightened. I disrupts my writing flow and I feel like allowing users to set the delay (50% faster or slower maybe) would improve the app while keeping it simple enough to use. (the option could be hidden in a menu)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It would be useful if Goodnotes could retain the preferred sorting criteria by folder/file list. Personally, I prefer by type for lists of folders or lists of archived notes, but for long list of files including some files which I use daily, I would prefer by date. Right now, I have to manually switch the sort criteria each time I access the different lists.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?