Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7145 results found

1. Make it possible to "Magic Wand"-select a color that you need to crop away on a picture, so that you're left with only the image on the page, no white borders around it. (The same way it can be done in Photoshop or even Apple's Pages & Keynote)

e.g. Red dot on white square picture, becomes only the red dot that I can freely move around in GoodNotes, without hiding text behind the white border.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. This was also listed under "Automatic Action Item" back in 08/19 - but I think it should be considered.

I have many notebooks (one for each customer). I want the ability to mark written text as an "Action Item" in any notebook (Use the "lariat" tool?) and they automatically get added to an "Action Items" notebook so they are all in one place.

Each item is listed under a separate bullet and can be deleted once completed.

Having the option once lassoed to create a calendar reminder / update would be nice, but probably far-reaching at this point.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I write my notes in 2-3 languages, mainly in Indonesian which Goodnotes does not have a ‘recognize’ feature on. Please add Indonesian and also enable the search feature to search in more than 1 languages, this would be especially handy to bilingual/multilingual speakers and also language learners.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Now it is very difficult to make a perfect square with the shape tool. It would be nice if you add pre defined shapes or improve the shape recognition.
    Also a two fingers gestures to resize and rotate the figures would be awesome.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When exporting a page to pdf I can select to remove the background template.
    The suggestion is to add this same setting when selecting print, printing directly without wasting ink on a background color.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Imagine you already wrote 5 different combinations on the same page. Color, thickness, pen style.

I'm thinking of a "picker" button on the left edge which I can press & hold with my finger. (enabling picker mode until I lift my finger)

When I tap the pen on the document, a zoomed hover-view shows up, I drag onto the pen stroke I want to reuse & lift off both my pen and finger.

Simple & useful.

But now when I want to write a title after a black simple text, I have to click red color, increase the thickness, change…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. First of all, i'm not good at English.

When I enlarge my handwriting, it also get bolder.
    I want to make it only bigger, not bolder.

My suggestion is to change the boldness? of my handwriting (like notability)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Adding built in dictionary

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. "Add images from Dropbox, iCloud, etc. "
    This theme is explained to be solved yet.
    Why is there no reaction on my IPad Pro, when choosing "insert from" ?
    Nothing happens...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It would be amazing if we could choose which Google Drive account and specific location we want to backup any specific folder, document or notebook within GoodNotes (think: then we could share certain notebooks with certain people via a shared Google Drive folder automatically and other folders with other people, while saving still other files in a different, personal Google Drive account). Auto backup should still work to save most recent files, but if there should be an “instantaneous backup” option as well.

More importantly, making GoodNotes compatible with Android/PC for real cross-device syncing would make the experience so much…

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I have recently begun using the desktop version a lot more since my 4-year-old has effectively stolen my iPad. I love that I can use the app seamlessly between my devices. However, I have noticed that it is difficult for me, especially when using two windows of GoodNotes, to maintain a natural reading experience. I'm trying to take notes while reading a PDF imported to GoodNotes on the left and have my note-taking notebook open in a window on the right.

I would love a tool that allowed users to place their cursor within the text of a document and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I love that users can propose new functionality and vote on others’ suggestions.

What if users who are really keen on seeing certain projects get up, could also pledge $$ to help fund development of specific features?

It would be a way of us putting our money where our mouths are. If lots of users really want to see a feature, and if we all throw in even a dollar or two behind that feature, then this could give you the resources to pay for hiring developers to implement that idea.

You could even offer an Incentive Scheme — that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I like to annotate the articles I read with scribbles, notes, sketches, etc.

So when I find an interesting story, rather than reading the online version, I screenshot it on my iPad, and then select the option to save the whole page as one long single-page PDF, rather than just saving the PNG of the screenshotted image.

Ufortunatly, on some web pages this doesn’t capture the whole page, an so the last few paragaphs might be missing.

Here’s what I’d like to be able to do when that happens.

First, take screenshots of the material that’s missing and save these…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow users to make actual outlines in the outline tab, with main topics, subtopics, etc.

This would be especially beneficial for notebooks to allow further organization/structure.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Have mathematical tools like the ruler, protractor, compass, divider, set square etc. For math students as holding a compass or divider over the ipad would damage the screen.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Have mathematical tools like the ruler, protractor, compass, divider, set square etc. For math students as holding a compass or divider over the ipad would damage the screen.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I have several realistic brushes for procreate such as muji pen and 6B pencil and i believe it would give potential customers more incentive to use GoodNotes if they were able to write with a realistic handwriting or change the style of their pen. This increased customisation would result in a better ability to feel like you truly are studying. Please do add it in as I have taken to writing on procreate and importing it into GoodNotes and it is a rather inconvenient process/ situation that GoodNotes is well capable of improving to their benefit. Sincerely, Tabitha

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Create "slide" paper option. That creates a notebook where every page is a slide that can be exported as a slide show.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow users to add a hyperlink hot spot. So that if you tap on it, it takes you to another page/area.

This way you can create what seems like interactive mockups.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The current eraser generally erases everything. However, this is a problem with complex text that is possibly highlighted or circled in different colors, for example, with mathematical equations or problems. An eraser that is able to selectively erase a certain color will make it easier to remove unwanted colored text instead of having to erase everything and rewrite it.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?