Skip to content

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Welcome to the Goodnotes for iOS/iPadOS/macOS idea-sharing space! For Goodnotes on other platforms, please visit the Goodnotes for Android, Windows, and Web forum.

Here’s how you can make your idea count:

1. Please log in to the forum using your Facebook or Google account. This helps us keep the space free from spam.
  2. Before posting, do a quick search to see if someone else has already suggested your idea.
  3. Feel free to vote, comment, or post!
  • If your idea is already listed, you can save time by simply voting for it and/or commenting on it. Share your own use case to explain why and when you need the feature. If you find multiple similar posts, please vote or comment on just one of them.
  • If your idea isn’t listed yet, go ahead and submit your own. Use a descriptive title with 20 words or fewer and include the details in the description field. Please limit to one suggestion per post to make it easier for others to find, vote, and comment on your idea.
Please note that we do not offer technical support on this page. For that, please visit our help center.

We’re excited to hear your ideas!

Customer Suggestions for Goodnotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

7083 results found

1. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Capture both audio input as well as what’s happening on the page in order to create teaching videos.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I am learning the Igbo language and using Goodnote for study but finding it immensely difficult because Goodnotes handwriting does not recognize the Igbo language.

Upon further investigation I discovered that Goodnotes doesn't recognize any african languages.

Africa is the world's second-largest and second-most populous continent after Asia, with ~1.5 Billion people. Igbo is one of the most widely spoken languages across the continent along with Swahili, Yoruba, and Fula

Swahili (200 million), Yoruba (45 million), Igbo (30 million), and Fula (35 million)

How can goodnotes not recognize any languages from the 2nd most populated continent in the world?…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Guten Tag,

Es ist cool das man mittlerweile Hyperlinks einfügen kann. Jetzt wäre es aber noch besser, wenn man sie so aussehen lassen kann wie Sticker,Bilder oder Formen. Dies würde eine größeres Spektrum an Kreativität bieten. So wie man dies Bei Keynote machen kann. Man kann sie zwar in Goodnotes verwenden. Aber es würde alles vereinfachen wenn ich diese auch dort erstellen könnte. Wenn ich ein Notizbuch erweitere muss ich das immer neu erstellen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I would like to see the options to learn the study sets the other way around. Often I prepare a study set and notice that it would be more effective to see the answer first and after that the question while learning. An Option where you can swap every question and answer would solve this problem.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. This would allow me to quickly edit my notes from school (possibly as i take them!) and practice the examples we covered in class without TRYING to not look at the answers, or only copy/pasting the relevant stuff.

Obviously the box should be resizable, and maybe even able to be a customizable color and shape since I can’t write in a straight line when I’m in a rush ‘XD!

I’m sure it has more creative/interactive functions, but idk what they could be.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It would be great if you could copy any text like scanned files,image
    like the LIVE TEXT feature in ios 15

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Instead of sorting documents by date, name, or type, you should be able to "lock" a document to a certain spot and move everything else.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. add the option in settings to use apple pencil to draw and one finger to erase (in order to not select every time the eraser) and use two fingers to navigate around the pages

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow handwriting or text to be rotated, shrunk or expanded with two fingers when selected with the lasso tool.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I have 6yrs of my dialysis related notes (blood pressures, medications, etc). I tried the GN6 trial with immediate regret, looked to cancel, found out that it says there is no subscription to cancel, nor trial to cancel.Am I going to be losing my GN5 notes or GN5 features? Will GN5 just cease to exist. Do I have to back up my notes into another notewriting app? Please help. Not happy at all

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Option to temporarily and quickly Disable the Top Tabs. In a way... like the toggle to go from View to Edit Mode and back. Basically need a button to press... to turn off the tabs. Pressing the button again will turns the tabs back on.

I am left-hander. Apparently, I also "write-up-side-down". See Image.

Because of this.. my palm constantly hits the tabs - and the notebook will changes. This happens all the time. Everyday. Multiple times a day.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Nurse Case Manager Tips offers concise guidance and strategies for healthcare professionals to effectively coordinate patient care, optimize resources, and promote positive health outcomes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. GoodNotes is my favorite app, but it is difficult to use because when you create a new note (file) and close it after writing, you have to choose in a dialog whether to save or delete (not save).

Deciding whether to delete a created note can be done from the file list, so it is time-consuming to select it from the dialog each time it is created. It would be nice if it could be selected in the settings so that it can be automatically saved. It would reduce the number of one-tap operations.

For example, in Procreate, the file…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please could you include te reo Maori (the Maori language) in your supported languages. There is huge Maori language regeneration in New Zealand supported by new generations of Maori who have been schooled in their language and non-Maori who are keen learners of the Maori language. There would be great uptake by New Zealand users of goodnotes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I would love it if there would be an option to adjust the arc shapes since it’s a problem whenever I want to use goodnotes for math, physics, or any class that requires drawing models. Maybe have it as an option to grab the middle point of a drawn line/arc and have the option to move it how we want to create a perfect shape for graphs and drawings.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. As I do not need the reminder to learn old study sets of the past semester, I would really look forward to establishing the possibility to deactivate study sets with regards to smart learning. Otherwise I always have to delete my studysets to get no notification any more.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be amazing when you click on a specific part of your writing, it jumps to the recording corresponding to it like in notability. This feature is the only thing that notability exceeds in to Goodnotes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Fix the typing feature as well (the one with the keyboard). In this conditions its a real struggle to write on a tablet (which obviously should be easier) than to write on a paper. Just fix all the bug issues .

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Description:
    I suggest adding features to GoodNotes that provide greater control and flexibility in creating notes and designs. These improvements include:

Precise Alignment and Equitable Distribution: Adding a contextual menu that allows aligning objects (such as text boxes and stickers) to the left, top, right, bottom, vertical center, and horizontal center. Additionally, enabling equitable distribution and equidistant alignment between objects would be fantastic!

Object Grouping: Allowing grouping objects to manipulate them as a unit, facilitating the organization and editing of multiple elements collectively.

Precise Size Definition: Implementing the ability to precisely define the size of objects by entering specific values…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?