7559 results found
-
Exact Phrase Search
Exact Phrase Search – The search function can sometimes be too broad. An “Exact Phrase search option would be very useful for finding specific words or phrases without unrelated results.
- Default Font for Sticky Notes – Please add an option to set a default font, font size, and formatting specifically for Sticky Notes, so users don’t have to manually change the font every time they create a new one.
3 votes -
Built-in browser
Built-in browser or web search panel
When working on a note, project, or research database, I often need to look up information on Google or check the reference on the website.
With an in-app browser or a small search panel, users can browse and take notes without leaving good notes, creating a smoother and more efficient workflow.
11 votes -
Custom folder background
Let us customize the background of our folder just like MacOS! I feel like I can put in quick info related to the folder in the background itself
5 votes -
Glitter / Metallic / Rainbow Pens
OneNote has Glitter inks and a rainbow pen - as they exist, would it be possible to add them to GoodNotes?
167 votes -
Convert Handwritten Photos into Editable Digital Ink
I would love to see a feature that allows users to take a photo of handwritten notes and convert them into fully editable GoodNotes digital ink.
The key difference from importing a photo is that the handwriting itself becomes editable.
How it could work:
Take or Import a Photo
- Users can take a photo of handwritten notes from:
- Notebook page
- Loose paper
- Whiteboard
- Users can take a photo of handwritten notes from:
Convert Handwriting into Digital Ink
- GoodNotes AI analyzes the handwriting and reconstructs it as editable digital ink strokes.
- The converted notes should closely match the original handwriting style and layout.
Replace the Photo Background
- Instead of keeping…
3 votes -
Better autoscroll control on zoom writing
When i write using the zoom function, despite I have the autoscroll or autojump desactivated it still moves the page. I'd like to be able to zoom while seeing the whole page or even previos pages. I don't want to see what i am writing double, i want to write while seeing other areas or reading other pages of my notebook. I am attaching a video to see what I am refering when i say it autojumps despite having this function off
3 votes -
cartoon strips
I would like free cartoon strips, just like in the other app (where all the strips are free).
Tanks3 votes -
New version is so much worse
Now its nearly unusable,I can’t edit a type-in document,It won’t let me change the colors or edit the title type,it is not comfortable to find the type-in part either.It just got so much worse,I’m close to switching to another note taking app.Please fix these and let us get back the previus version !
19 votes -
Sync between iOS and Windows/Android
I am a user who subscribed to the Goodnotes Essential plan a few days ago. I was looking into why my Goodnotes library won't sync between Windows and iOS, and I found the following text:
'If you purchased this plan before September 23, 2025, you are eligible for Goodnotes Cloud. If you purchased this plan after September 23, 2025, you will need to upgrade to the Goodnotes Pro plan to use Goodnotes Cloud.'
When will cross-platform sync be supported for the Essential plan? I subscribed to this plan because the pricing clearly indicated that the Essential plan also supports cross-platform…
22 votes -
Pencil strokes
A refinement on how to Pencil looks. Idk but it doesn’t look like a pencil sometimes. Looks like a dot of dots just put together.
2 votes -
Please add a feature where to screenrecord
It will be great if Goodnotes can have a screen record, or import video option. I learn by teaching myself, cand its important for me to sometimes screenrecord what im saying and how things works especially for future references.
2 votes -
[Import] Vertical Auto Layout for PDF Import in Whiteboards
When importing a multi page PDF into a GoodNotes whiteboard, the pages are currently placed off to the right and arranged in a grid like layout. This forces users to manually reposition every page to create a readable top to bottom flow.
For large lecture PDFs or study materials, this manual reorganization is inefficient and time consuming.
A significant improvement would be an automatic vertical layout option where PDF pages are imported in a single straight column, stacked from top to bottom, similar to continuous scroll behavior. Ideally, this would be the default behavior, with an optional toggle to switch…
9 votes -
Student Education Account With School Email
I think as long as kids have a school email they can make a goodnotes education account so then if they forget there device they can log in on a another
2 votes -
bring back continuous text box and allowing use to set to specifc font color
New update removed ability to stay on typing function and will revert back to Lasso. This is so annoying. Also bring back allowing the user to choose their default font color. My school uses dark colored ppts and when typing the auto selected black font makes it impossible to keep up with note taking as i constantly must highlight the text and change it to white font.
15 votes -
1 vote
-
[AI Connectivity] External AI Use MCP or API
Would it be possible to allow students to use their own personal AI subscription in GoodNotes? While you have a decent and well-integrated system going right now, myself and many others would benefit from a quick and easy way of giving an external AI like Claude, ChatGPT, or Gemini the context of the documents in GoodNotes. I'm not saying to ditch your own AI, I'm just asking to see if you can give Agents context through MCP or API or something.
3 votes -
Smart Learn Needs a Daily Card Limit Like Anki
I think Goodnotes Smart Learn seriously needs a daily card limit system similar to Anki.
Right now Smart Learn can become very aggressive with recommendations when you have a huge number of flashcards.
Imagine being a med student with:
- separate study sets for every chapter
- thousands of flashcards
- eventually 20,000–30,000+ total cards
At that scale, unlimited recommendations can become stressful and mentally overwhelming.
I think there should be a feature where users can set:
“Smart Learn can only recommend X cards today”Example:
- Today limit = 200 cards
- Smart Learn then intelligently chooses the MOST important 200 cards from all…
5 votes -
Allow custom Google Drive folder for Auto Backup
Currently, Google Drive Auto Backup is restricted to the root level of My Drive. I use Goodnotes together with Obsidian, with my Obsidian vault stored in Google Drive. I would like to back up my handwritten notes as PDFs directly into a folder such as:
Google Drive → Obsidian Vault → Goodnotes
More generally, allowing users to select an arbitrary Google Drive folder would make Auto Backup much easier to integrate with file-based workflows and other applications.
Ideally, tapping Backup Location would open a Google Drive folder picker where the desired destination can be selected.
3 votes -
Crop selection
Where is my crop selection. It used to be right there on the first selection menu. In the picture mode why would I need to paste and match style? I’ve selected a picture, why would I need to paste?
3 votes -
[Fountain Pen] Improvements
The good notes fountain pen does not write how a fountain pen should. A fountain pen has a metal nib that creates thin cross strokes and wide down strokes. The pen in good notes is the opposite with wide side strokes and thin down strokes. The apple notes fountain pen is perfect in recreating the look of an actual fountain pen. This is the only reason I have to stay with apple notes. The pen interface is the most important for me. Otherwise, I would use good notes.
-
IMG_4384.png 421 KB -
IMG_0175.jpeg 708 KB -
IMG_0176.jpeg 597 KB -
IMG_0142.PNG 349 KB -
IMG_0428.jpeg 471 KB -
IMG_0081.PNG 308 KB -
E0CF46F7-770B-4506-A7CA-632D3BB07144.jpeg 604 KB -
Screenshot_20230202_163915.png 54 KB -
Screenshot 2021-11-29 at 12.09.01.png 251 KB -
CC8F42B6-2CF6-4914-AB76-DCA81404134F.jpeg 169 KB -
1B352592-5474-411E-8436-4AE3B7AF8298.jpeg 181 KB -
adrien-ledoux-mBHuEkka5wM-unsplash.jpg 0 KB -
david-pennington-BBQ15BncPCc-unsplash.jpg 0 KB -
Rectangles before after v01.jpg 49 KB -
IMG_0099.JPG 9 KB
199 votes -
- Don't see your idea?