Customer Suggestions for GoodNotes

Share your ideas how we could improve GoodNotes for you.

Please take a moment to read these instructions carefully:
  • Use the search field to check if your idea was already submitted!
  • If your idea isn't listed, submit your own - use a descriptive title with 20 words or less, please. Include the details in the description field
  • Include only one suggestion per post
  • Help us and others understand you better and explain why and when you need the feature

If something is not working as expected or you need help, please visit our help center instead. We do not offer customer support in the suggestion forum.

Customer Suggestions for GoodNotes

Categories

1. would love to see more mathematics tools such as a ruler, a pencil compass, a real life scale on the paper, and maybe even a calculator within the app. Maybe a calculator you can move on the screen or click it with your finger to summarize an easy equation? I bought an iPad intending to only use your app for all of my notes when I go into college now, but unfortunately I do not see myself using this app for mathematics just yet. Pie charts, gifs and videos in the notes would also be very helpful. (I could for…

374 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 355 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Be able to modify on mac pdf and sync back to app.

349 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 334 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

considering  ·  61 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 326 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. The GUI has a lot of "lost space" - especially in landscape mode. Would be great to have the full screen for a sheet of paper with a rearrangeable toolbar. Would be extremely helpful for iPads with 9.7 or the upcoming 10.5".

311 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

60 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. It would be good to be able to customise the toolbar since I’m sure there are features that some of us don’t use and could use the space for something else.

• Toggle which icons appear in the toolbar. Personally I never use and will probably never use the in-app camera and presentation mode. It would be great if there was an option to just turn those off.

• Allow the option to have more colour and pen size presets. 3 isn’t enough!

• When the zoom window toolbar finally returns, it would be great to have the same level of customisation.

306 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 301 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 300 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

53 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add divider tabs into notebooks to make it look like a loose leaf binder

300 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. This option to have lasso tool to be able to copy, paste, and move existing text, images, graphs, any visuals that are important would be simply amazing.

300 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I would love it if there was a way to access notebooks online in a way that we could edit the organization of the notebooks. This could be in the form of a website where you can log in to access your notebooks, or maybe making a downloadable app/program for Windows.

297 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. As teachers, we use this to take pictures of lessons on which we are working, allowing students to highlight and write on the photos. Students also create short presentations of their work, which we record. It would be awesome to be able to insert video into Goodnotes!

294 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I would like more options on what you can do with the text box. Such as:

1) ability to have two different writing styles in the same text box (red and black, bold and regular)
    2) An indent button
    3) maybe even a whole different text box for bullet points, lists, and things of that sort

291 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Actual the size of the paper is fixed.
    But nevertheless that I use A0 I am limited during Brainstorming and other creative workshops. Therefore I must use another tool (Zoomnotes). But this is not helpful at all to switch from tool to tool.
    Is there a chance in the near future to implement a more to enlarge the size of the paper endless?

267 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. A separate button next to the “pens” for typewriting. This would entail being able to type normally wherever we tap on the page to create an insertion point. This would also contemplate minimal text styling; bold, italic, underline, several colours and the ability to change font and/or font size for any given part of the text.

266 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. When I import some PDFs their outlines are imported too. I love this feature. I have noticed that when this happens, the outlines have sub-outlines to make navigating the outlines easier.

However, I can not create this in my own GoodNotes outlines. It only works when I import a PDF that already has this structure built into it.

I would like to have a feature in GoodNotes where I can create sub-outlines in my notebooks.

251 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Since iOS 13 there is the possibility to hold and drag the scroll bar on the right to scroll. This does not seem to be the case in GoodNotes 5. It‘s a very small but useful feature to get a quick glance at the document or finding a page in a big document. Once you get used to it in other apps like OneNote, you start to miss it in GoodNotes 5.

237 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. You have given us access to 3 additional colors, I would like to have a minimal of 8-10 accessible colors on the zoom in bar when writing. I color code while taking notes and although 3 is a great start we should be able to add as many colors allowed on this tool bar area. Please see attach file below

234 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

considering  ·  13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Like in any application you can send images or objects backward, forward, etc. Would be great to have this especially when you want the handwritings to overlap with images or vice versa, or when you need to edit it.
    When I was still using a Samsung Note 8, I was able to do this so, im pretty sure the mighty iPad Pro can do it as well :)
    its pretty basic since many of the applications already in iOS do this. Would love for this basic feature to be available. if it already is, please... someone help me!

231 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?